Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1909 deleted all files

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1909 deleted all files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday, as a result of a notification received from Windows 10 stating my version would terminate and I needed to update to version 1909, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Clau de B, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Clau de B Win User

Windows 10 version 1909 deleted all files

Yesterday, as a result of a notification received from Windows 10 stating my version would terminate and I needed to update to version 1909, I proceeded to install the update. Much to my surprise, ALL my files have been deleted. At no time before or during the installation did the system inform me of the need to back up my files.

Kindly advise as to how to proceed. Is there any way of recovering the files?

Claudia.

:)

Clau de B, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 version 1909 deleted all files

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 version 1909 deleted all files

1. Windows 10 version 1909 deleted all files - Similar Threads - version 1909 deleted

2. Windows 10, version 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10, version 1909: Hello! I'm having a problem downloading this update. (Windows 10 version 1909) Each time I would try to download it, It will tell me to retry again. ( Error 0x8000ffff) Did anyone else have this problem? If so, how did they get it to download? submitted by...
  3. Environment variable deleted in windows 10 1909 version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Environment variable deleted in windows 10 1909 version: I have accidently deleted my all the environment variable directory in windows 10 thats why I founded error in controlling my dell laptop and running programe. Help me plz what can I do to set my environment that was before and nothing happen after reseting my laptop....
  4. Is Version 1909 BSOD And File Deleting Bugs real or fake?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Version 1909 BSOD And File Deleting Bugs real or fake?: So i am asking the community what they thinks about if it is real or fake. the thing is i have a friend who has 1909 and i am worried. hope i get many answers. p.s. i also want proof if possible. if you are a Microsoft Services Member, at least fix the issue if it is real....
  5. windows 10 deleted all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 deleted all files: Have a brand new HP all in one, came with windows 10. After an update all files were wiped from computer. Restored all files from Carbonite but Microsoft Office required a reboot to access programs. Reboot again wiped all files from computer. After two years of this type...
  6. Is there a way to delete all wake timers that works in version 1909?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to delete all wake timers that works in version 1909?: I have a script that used to delete all wake timers, including the ones that get set anyway even when you disallow wake timers in the power settings, and I have it running as a scheduled task. Unfortunately it doesn't work anymore because I have discovered that my computer is...
  7. Windows 10, Version 1909

Windows 10, Version 1909: My Windows updated to version 1909 on 2/23/2020. Now I'm having a few problems. 1. My settings window will randomly close itself. 2. It is no longer possible to enable the night light setting. 3. When I try to view certain thing like the "See what's new in this update" it...
  8. windows 10 version 1909

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 version 1909: I installed windows 10 version 1909 and removed mcaffee internet security. It's not possible to download any pdf files or download any file. Not possible to download and safe a pdf file on my computer. Also not possible to download any programme....
  9. WINDOWS 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 version 1909: Please i need more update on the features of windows 10 version 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1909/e7d4d55b-a1a6-4472-b957-c7615a12460b
  10. Window 10 Version 1903 - DELETED ALL MY FILES

Window 10 Version 1903 - DELETED ALL MY FILES: How can I reclaim, restore, or even find ALL of my documents, videos, music, pictures, EVERYTHING that vanished into thin air after I updated Windows 10 to Version 1903. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. is gone...include the previously installed Microsoft Solitaire Games Collection...