Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1909, File Explorer, Downloads Folder, need Group By: None setting to...

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1909, File Explorer, Downloads Folder, need Group By: None setting to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10 version 1909, File Explorer, I'd like to set my Downloads folder to Group By: None. I'd like that setting to persist so that it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KenHumphries2, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 version 1909, File Explorer, Downloads Folder, need Group By: None setting to...

In Windows 10 version 1909, File Explorer, I'd like to set my Downloads folder to Group By: None. I'd like that setting to persist so that it is effective the next time I open Downloads, unless or until I choose a different setting. Please provide directions to accomplish this.

:)

KenHumphries2, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

New CU for Anniversary Update. Brings system to 14393.726

KB 3216755 (January 26)

Pretty important update. Brings lots of fixes and installs without issues.

Download:

x64 [1.02 GB]

x86 [562 MB]

Addressed known issue called out in KB3213986—Users may experience delays while running 3D rendering apps with multiple monitors.
    • Addressed issue that prevents the conversion of a 24-bit image to 32 bits.
    • Addressed issue that causes the loss of Windows Firewall rules after upgrade from RTM to 1511 or 1607.
    • Addressed issue that causes a file download from a webpage to fail in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers.
    • Addressed issue that prevents the use of the Delete Browsing History feature in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue that loads websites that bypass the proxy server in the local intranet zone when the Intranet Sites: Include all sites that bypass the proxy server (Disabled) is set.
    • Addressed issue where an XSS false positive prevents a webpage from loading after logging in to a site.
    • Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a network
    • Addressed issue that causes the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to fail if Active Directory Federated Systems is using the Japanese language set
    • Addressed issue that causes System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) scenarios to fail
    • Addressed issue that prevents user-built keyboard events from working.
    • Addressed issue that causes incorrect table dimensions in SAP® applications
    • Addressed issue that overwrites a <br>element when users select a line that is enclosed by a <span> element.
    • Improved reliability of Internet Explorer, Xbox, and Skype
    • Addressed additional issues with Bluetooth, Internet Explorer, engaged reboot, clustering, Internet Explorer, Japanese Input Method Editor (IME), Windows Shell. Networking, storage, fonts, Xbox, encryption, Group Policy, Point and Print, wireless networking, virtual disk, disk operations, multimedia, Work Folders, encryption, enterprise security, deduplication, domain controllers, Audit File System, Debug Memory Manager, Virtual Machine Management Service (VMMS), Remote Desktop, Task Scheduler, Microphone Wizard, .NET, font cache, system boot, and Surface Studio

Drone, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 version 1909, File Explorer, Downloads Folder, need Group By: None setting to...

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 version 1909, File Explorer, Downloads Folder, need Group By: None setting to...

1. Windows 10 version 1909, File Explorer, Downloads Folder, need Group By: None setting to... - Similar Threads - version 1909 File

2. Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently: I am having trouble with the Group By feature in Windows Explorer.I desire to not have the Group By option selected.I have followed instructions to change this in the folder options, but the Group By options keeps turning back on at a later time.Last post I read had links to...
  3. Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently: I am having trouble with the Group By feature in Windows Explorer.I desire to not have the Group By option selected.I have followed instructions to change this in the folder options, but the Group By options keeps turning back on at a later time.Last post I read had links to...
  4. Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Group by" stuck in File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Group by" stuck in File Explorer folders: Ever since I got the Windows 11 22H2 update, where you can see some things were changed in File Explorer, my folders are constantly reverting to Group by Date modified and sorted by Date modified. It's also not recognizing the type of files in the folder and tailoring options...
  6. "Group by" stuck in File Explorer folders

"Group by" stuck in File Explorer folders: Ever since I got the Windows 11 22H2 update, where you can see some things were changed in File Explorer, my folders are constantly reverting to Group by Date modified and sorted by Date modified. It's also not recognizing the type of files in the folder and tailoring options...
  7. Windows 10 latest as of Oct 7, 2021. File Explorer, Group by "none" is missing

Windows 10 latest as of Oct 7, 2021. File Explorer, Group by "none" is missing: Running Windows 10, pro latest vers. as of Oct 7, 2021.When downloading to my 'downloads' folder, all folders are grouped by date, using date - of the latest download - for the groupings. It's infuriating and takes forever to find the folder I want. Is there a way to stop...
  8. File Explorer Crashing version 1909

File Explorer Crashing version 1909: Hi, I installed new fresh windows old version 1903 and updated 1909, when I clicking on file explorer always crashing please look at this gif , please fix this bug its annoyance for me I try it another solution to fix this bug, not happening to change, please please a report...
  9. Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE

Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE: My downloads folder and other folders when using a save as shows files grouped by dates - I prefer just a plan list in which I can select a sort by clicking on the columns. The instructions for changing this state to right-click on the white space, then select group by then...
  10. downloading windows 10 version 1909..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading windows 10 version 1909..: hello, i wnat to know that from where can i download windows 10 version 1909. as I'm unable to find it on official microsoft website. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-windows-10-version-1909/7861e093-9b04-4608-8e06-8e4e2297b0c4