Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1909 promises battery life boost

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1909 promises battery life boost in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is expected to announce Windows 10 version 1909 (codenamed 19H2) later this week and it’s practically going to be a service pack. Release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 30, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 version 1909 promises battery life boost

Microsoft is expected to announce Windows 10 version 1909 (codenamed 19H2) later this week and it’s practically going to be a service pack.

Release Preview Ring Insiders have already been offered Windows 10 version 1909 and it will apparently roll out to all supported computers in a few days.

Microsoft originally announced that Windows 10 19H2 update will arrive in the second half of 2019, either in September or October. As the ESDs were spotted on WSUS (Windows Update servers) recently, it’s likely that the update is in the final phase of development.

Microsoft confirmed in July itself that Windows 10 version 1909 will ship with a limited set of improvements, enterprise features and quality enhancements. In theory, Windows 10 version 1909 is slightly larger than a standard cumulative update, but it comes with some important improvements like rotation policy for favored CPU cores.

Microsoft states that Windows 10’s 19H2 update also includes general battery life, which technically means that some laptops, 2-in-1s or notebooks will see better battery longevity,

Microsoft has also worked on better power efficiency improvements for desktops with certain processors.

‘“We have made general battery life and power efficiency improvements for PCs with certain processors,” the firm stated.

Computers with May 2019 Update installed will receive the update as a small patch via Windows Update and installation will complete in a few minutes.

In our testing, Windows 10 version 1909 downloaded and installed like a standard monthly update within 12 minutes on a Windows 10 May 2019 Update PC.

If you upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909 from October 2018 Update or older, you will have to download the entire package and it won’t be the smallest or quickest update.

The post Windows 10 version 1909 promises battery life boost appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 30, 2019

2. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 30, 2019
  3. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 30, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Futuremark Releases Powermark Battery Life Test for Windows 7 Devices

Futuremark, the world leader in performance benchmarking software and services, today expanded its product line with Powermark a new battery life and power consumption test for Windows 7 notebooks, laptops, tablets and other battery powered devices. Powermark is a professional grade benchmark designed for industrial testing of battery powered Windows 7 devices by OEMs, corporations and governments. It includes a convenient set of standard tests based on productivity and entertainment use-case scenarios, as well as allowing custom settings for bespoke testing requirements. Powermark Professional Edition commercial licenses start at $200 for 10 activations. For further details and to purchase Powermark please visit this page.

Jukka Mäkinen, CEO of Futuremark said, "Battery life is critical to delivering a positive user experience. Powermark helps PC industry OEMs and their suppliers strike a balance between performance and power consumption by providing a consistent, accurate and reliable testing and measurement tool created with Futuremark’s deep experience in quality benchmarking software."

Powermark - battery life test for Windows 7 devices from Futuremark:
    • Accurately measure the battery life of Windows 7 devices.
    • Choose convenient scenario tests or create your own custom settings.
    • Designed for professional test lab environments.
    • Licensed for commercial use.
    Powermark is only available for business customers at this time.

btarunr, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1909 promises battery life boost - Similar Threads - version 1909 promises

2. A new Windows 10 update will boost battery life of HP devices

in Windows 10 News
    A new Windows 10 update will boost battery life of HP devices: Microsoft and HP are rolling out a new update to select Windows 10 devices that will turn on a new feature without making any changes to the BIOS setting. With Windows 10 KB4583263, Microsoft says HP wants to improve your notebook’s battery performance by enabling a new...
  3. Life of battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Life of battery: My battery doesn't charge more than 52% though it is not old. What shall I do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/life-of-battery/5e12fd9f-5d27-4239-8109-8a127234ad1f
  4. battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery life: How to get more battery life when not on the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/f3b2c933-8858-437c-a547-63b7a31e7ed9
  5. Windows 10 version 1909 Improvement In Battery Life + Performance ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1909 Improvement In Battery Life + Performance ?: Hi, One of the change-logs for Windows 10 1909 talks about improvements in general battery life and power efficiency for devices with certain processors & introducing a new processor rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores. I cannot...
  6. Windows 10 version 1909 performance will get boost with favored cores

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1909 performance will get boost with favored cores: The Intel processors have cores with different frequency and voltage characteristics, and the cores which can offer better performance than others are theoretically called the ‘Favored Core’. Microsoft’s current Windows 10 implementation and Intel Turbo Boost Max 3.0 move...
  7. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  8. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba
  9. Battery life with windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life with windows 10: Initially battery life increased for my laptop ASUS S400CA from 2:35 to 3:35. Now it has come down to 2:30. In between I changed battery saver from 100 to 60. Now again I changed to 100. Still battery life is going down. I would like to know about other users exp. Any...
  10. battery life

in Windows 10 Support
    battery life: good evening, has anyone noticed a shortened battery life with windows 10 or is around 2 hours good for a laptop battery to last without using the charger. I bought my dell e6410 with windows 7 ultimate on it but only used it for a little while that night before upgrading...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which processors have better battery life in windows 1909

2. power drain windows 1909

3. windows 10 1909 bettery battery life

4. 1909 processor improve battery,
  5. windows 1909 battery life,
  6. win 1909 drain,
  7. windows 10 download 1909 battery drain issue,
  8. winsows 10 1909 battery,
  9. windows 1909 battery life degrade,
  10. indows 10 1909 battery life