Windows 10: Windows 10 Version 1909 Update: AMD Error on Intel System

Discus and support Windows 10 Version 1909 Update: AMD Error on Intel System in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm attempting to install the Version 1909 update on Windows 10 Home but have been unable to do to an apparent incompatibility with AMD Ryzen CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BlinkLed, Feb 21, 2020.

1. BlinkLed Win User

Windows 10 Version 1909 Update: AMD Error on Intel System

I'm attempting to install the Version 1909 update on Windows 10 Home but have been unable to do to an apparent incompatibility with AMD Ryzen CPU drivers. The issue with this is that my computer has an Intel CPU and an Nvidia GPU, with no AMD software or hardware installed at all.

The specific message I get, under a banner saying "What needs your attention" is:
    "AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper configured in SATA or NVMe RAID mode.
    A Driver is installed that causes stability problems on Windows. This driver will be disabled. Check with your software/driver provider for an updated version that runs on this version of Windows."

Below that my only option is to refresh the window, rather than forcing it to continue. I've tried updating both my intel drivers and Nvidia drivers, neither of which fixed the problem. I also tried installing the newest AMD drivers just to see if that would allow me to continue the update, but it failed to install because I don't have an AMD CPU. I specifically have an Intel I7-8700 if that makes any difference.

Is there any way to force the update to continue since I can be quite sure that I don't have the problematic driver?

:)

BlinkLed, Feb 21, 2020
  2. thewamp Win User

Windows 10 Pro 1909 Updates wipe out Switchable Graphics Tools by Intel and AMD

amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe, when run for compatibility with Windows 8, restored the AMD and Intel Tools for controlling the Switchable Graphics.

But, a short while later Windows Update wiped them out when,

Driver Updates, Shown in Update History, for AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series and Intel(R) HD Graphics, replaced the Display Adapter drivers with the exact same drivers that were there before the automatic update. This automatic updating wiped out the
    Switchable Graphics Controls.

QUESTION: Can the automatic updating of these two Display Adapter drivers be turned off in this latest version of Windows 10 Pro, 1909?

amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe, was run for compatibility with Windows 8, again, and restored the AMD and Intel Tools for controlling the Switchable Graphics.

thewamp, Feb 21, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Version 1909 Update: AMD Error on Intel System

Bluescreen on booting. Error code AMD Northbridge.

Hi,

This could be due to a corrupted system file upon the update. To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Which build version currently runs on your device?
    • Aside from the AMD Northbridge error message, are you receiving other error codes?

For starters, we suggest running an SFC and
    DISM on the device to check on the root cause of the issue. We also suggest
    referring to this support article as troubleshooting: Troubleshoot blue screen errors. The said article
    contains a step-by-step guide on how to troubleshoot BSOD.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Version 1909 Update: AMD Error on Intel System

1. Windows 10 Version 1909 Update: AMD Error on Intel System - Similar Threads - Version 1909 Update

2. Windows 10 Version 1909 Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 1909 Error: Hello! I have been trying to install the Windows version 1909 update, but it fails every time. It goes through the entire installation process, but then gives me a "windows failed to start" screen and asks me to repair my computer using a windows installation disc. I'm...
  3. windows 10 update version 1909

windows 10 update version 1909: I have downloaded the update three times and then removed it as my desktop keyboard will not work after the download. Any ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-version-1909/f4d1bca7-283f-4bd7-ad1a-02292daf5ae4
  4. Windows 10 update version 1909

Windows 10 update version 1909: The last time I attempted to install this update I had to send my laptop to service for the SSD to be replaced. According to the repair feedback the 1909 update trashed the SSD. I have a Samsung notebook9pro. Now I am attempting to install 1909 again because I got this...
  5. Update for Windows 10, Version 1909

Update for Windows 10, Version 1909: Update gets stuck with failure message: Last failed installation attempt: ‎11.‎04.‎2020 – 0xc19001e1 Pls. support - Thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-for-windows-10-version-1909/9f17662e-8d65-431b-a1c2-6cba9d016102
  6. updating to windows 10 - 1909 version

updating to windows 10 - 1909 version: After updating to Windows 10 -1909 featured update my trackpad just stops working on my laptop which is a Acer ES1-711 Series, I even installed a new trackpad driver from the Acer site but it didn't work. Having to use a Mouse I went back to system restore before the feature...
  7. update to Windows 10, version 1909

update to Windows 10, version 1909: Trying to update to Windows 10, version 1909 and keep getting a message saying I have to follow a link to download a new AMD driver. I have done this over and over, but still getting the same message. Can anyone help? Thanks!...
  8. Intel CPU Microcode Update for Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel CPU Microcode Update for Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903: Microsoft released a patch KB4497165 that addresses issues related to Intel CPUs: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4497165/kb4497165-intel-microcode-updates You may visit MS Update Catalog and select the appropriate patch for your system, if your Intel CPU is...
  9. Windows 10 Pro 1909 Updates wipe out Switchable Graphics Tools by Intel and AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 Updates wipe out Switchable Graphics Tools by Intel and AMD: amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe, when run for compatibility with Windows 8, restored the AMD and Intel Tools for controlling the Switchable Graphics. But, a short while later Windows Update wiped them out when, Driver Updates, Shown in Update History, for AMD Mobility...
  10. AMD version of Windows Update 1809 on Intel computer?

AMD version of Windows Update 1809 on Intel computer?: Currently Windows update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03" is listed as "Pending download". My laptop, however, uses an Intel Core i7-6500U Processor. After letting Windows proceed with the update, which took hours and didn't return any errors,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd intel switchable graphics driver windows 10 mouse pointer