Windows 10: windows 10, version 1909 update, the sd card reader stopped recognizing inserts or removals...

Discus and support windows 10, version 1909 update, the sd card reader stopped recognizing inserts or removals... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after updating windows 10 to version 1909, my sd card reader would not respond to inserting or removing an sd memory card. the update seemed normal,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by garyhicks2, Aug 12, 2020.

1. windows 10, version 1909 update, the sd card reader stopped recognizing inserts or removals...

after updating windows 10 to version 1909, my sd card reader would not respond to inserting or removing an sd memory card. the update seemed normal, and everything else works as it should, with the exception of the card reader. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and updated the appropriate drivers as recommended, but still memory cards are not recognized. any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

:)

garyhicks2, Aug 12, 2020
  2. arjfca Win User

Internal SD card reader not recognized

Hello

This is an old problem.

I got an internal all in one reader. The USB port is working but the sd card is not recognized.
    When I put a SD card in it, the PC is do run and try to read it but no error message is shown.

In the disk management, the E\ drive is set to SD card, but nothing do appear in the volume allocation

In file explorer, I tried to format the SD card. When I insert the card, the system is looping, trying to read it.

I tried to
    - removed it and reinstalled
    - update the driver
    - Win diagnostic and repair error

Any idea?

arjfca, Aug 12, 2020
  3. bradleyb Win User
    SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

windows 10, version 1909 update, the sd card reader stopped recognizing inserts or removals...

Problem showing SD cards when inserted in card reader

There's apparently a fix for issues with SD cards in 1607 in the latest Cumulative Update.
    Cumulative Update KB3189866 Windows 10 build 14393.187

Thema:

windows 10, version 1909 update, the sd card reader stopped recognizing inserts or removals...

1. windows 10, version 1909 update, the sd card reader stopped recognizing inserts or removals... - Similar Threads - version 1909 update

2. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards: About three weeks ago my Dell XPS 8920's SD card reader stopped recognizing subsequent cards.If I start the computer with a card inserted, I can view the card's data. The same goes for starting the computer without a card in the reader and inserting a card.But once I pull out...
  3. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards: About three weeks ago my Dell XPS 8920's SD card reader stopped recognizing subsequent cards.If I start the computer with a card inserted, I can view the card's data. The same goes for starting the computer without a card in the reader and inserting a card.But once I pull out...
  4. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows doesn't recognize SD card when inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows doesn't recognize SD card when inserted: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron running Windows 10 and it doesn't recognize/show an SD card when inserted. I have searched the Microsoft Community and many of the solutions start with locating the SD card in the device manager; however, my SD drive doesn't even show up in the...
  6. Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader: Very frustrating trying to figure out the problem. Installed 32GB Class 10 SD Card https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J1G261N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in Game Camera, formatted per instructions and set the unit outside. Just retrieved it, and tried...
  7. 1909 broke SD card reader

1909 broke SD card reader: Thinkpad P1 20MDCTO1WW Windows 10 Version 1809 OS Build 17763.914 SD card reader was working fine yesterday. Today I installed version 1909, and the card reader stopped working--it doesn't even show up in device manager now. It's enabled in BIOS. Tried installing the...
  8. Internal SD card reader not recognized

Internal SD card reader not recognized: Hello This is an old problem. I got an internal all in one reader. The USB port is working but the sd card is not recognized. When I put a SD card in it, the PC is do run and try to read it but no error message is shown. In the disk management, the E\ drive is set to SD...
  9. sd card reader not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card reader not recognized: sd card reader not recognized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-recognized/10de784a-abbe-49b2-a77d-22385c823869"
  10. Problem showing SD cards when inserted in card reader

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem showing SD cards when inserted in card reader: Here's the thing: I have a multi card reader which has been working fine until the Anniversary Update. Now, when I insert an SD card, Windows doesn't show the card mounted. It remains as a hidden object which can only be viewed when I activate the "show hidden items"...