Windows 10: Windows 10 version : 2004 After Update things went wrong. Keyboard, Mouse and even...

Discus and support Windows 10 version : 2004 After Update things went wrong. Keyboard, Mouse and even... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. Today I am sharing my experience. If you are the person who is thinking to upgrade to windows 10 ,2004. Hold on. Read my experience.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Faizan777, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Faizan777 Win User

Windows 10 version : 2004 After Update things went wrong. Keyboard, Mouse and even...

Hello Everyone. Today I am sharing my experience. If you are the person who is thinking to upgrade to windows 10 ,2004. Hold on. Read my experience.

This my laptop Specification.

Lenovo Ideapad 500 -15-isk Windows 10 Home Edition

Core i5, 8GB Ram.

Like you all . I was excited to update to windows 10,2004.

But after updating my experience as follows.

1. Sometimes keyboard and mouse does not work. You have to restart.

2. It started giving me false output like printing the special character instead of numbers.

3. I have tried all the settings related to language but nothing works.

4. I installed new SSD on laptop with fresh installation but still encounter lot of problem.

Verdict : If you are the person like me who needs something stable build hold on. Don't upgrade to 2004 as of now at the time of writing this article.

If you have already upgraded to 2004 and everything going well ,carry on using it. If you are the person who are facing the same problem like me, don't waste your precious time fixing it as you are not alone. I suggest you to go back to 1909 if that works fine for you. We all are facing the same.

Feel free to ask any question if you have.

Regards,

Faizan

:)

Faizan777, Sep 17, 2020

2. Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004

I am running Windows 10 Home 1909 and I am unable to complete the Feature Upgrade to version 2004 (Dell XPS420 from 2009!)

I have attempted the update to version 2004 four times now and end up in the same situation after an apparently successful update - hung at the Windows welcome screen (background image, Date and Clock in lower left, WiFi icon in lower right, showing connected)
    but with no mouse or keyboard recognized.

My latest two attempts made the following revisions before running the update from a newly created Windows installation from USB stick using MediaCreationTool:

• Disabled Fastboot
    • Disconnected all USB devices except for keyboard and mouse and WiFi dongle.
    • Using USB wired keyboard and wired mouse.
    • Disabled Norton 360 antivirus
    • Changed to Windows default theme
    • Disabled Screensaver
    • Power saving options set to leave everything on forever
    • Sleep = Off
    • I don't have/use Malwarebytes.

Also, after hanging on the 2004 Windows welcome screen I have tried the triple-interrupted boot routine, resulting in being taken to the "Preparing Automatic Repair" tool-set. Unfortunately, those options also unusable as it requires use of mouse or keyboard
    to make a selection, and both mouse and keyboard are not recognized.

At this hung point I have also tried removing my current mouse and/or keyboard and plugging in a different model in different USB ports in an attempt to force installation of new device drivers. Still no luck.

My only solution has been to revert back to my 1909 installation.

RandalWortman, Sep 17, 2020
  3. jeepwilk Win User
    Anyone else having issues with any wireless mouse and keyboard type and Windows 10 2004?

After Installing windows 10 2004

There is a Mouse problem via wireless Microsoft mouse, and Logitech mouse. It is somewhat better with a wired Microsoft mouse and keyboard.

Embedded touchscreens seem unaffected.

Wireless Mouse gets super slow, tracks poorly, disappears, and stops or freezes. Keyboard loses communication intermittently.

What is the largest change in the system over the last week?

Installed windows 10 2004.

When did the problem start?

Right after Windows 10 2004 installed.

What did you try to do to fix it?

Drivers from Logitech did nothing better, again the most current Microsoft drivers for Microsoft keyboard/mouse.

Silliness like DISM and other steps ALWAYS suggested are user blaming. It might be that it fixes some systems but the VERSION change is a big change.

The correct response was to revert to the prior Windows 10 version 2004, poof, problem gone.

I had this problem right from the start with windows 10 2004 19041.264 and it left on reboot after I reverted to the prior version (1909).

jeepwilk, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 version : 2004 After Update things went wrong. Keyboard, Mouse and even...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version : 2004 After Update things went wrong. Keyboard, Mouse and even... - Similar Threads - version 2004 Update

2. Windows 10 ,2004 After Update things went wrong. Keyboard, Mouse and even On-screen-...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ,2004 After Update things went wrong. Keyboard, Mouse and even On-screen-...: Hello Everyone. Today I am sharing my experience. If you are the person who is thinking to upgrade to windows 10 ,2004. Hold on. Read my experience. This my laptop Specification. Lenovo Ideapad 500 -15-isk Core i5, 8GB Ram. Like you all . I was excited to update to...
  3. Windows update 2004 went from installing to getting things ready

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update 2004 went from installing to getting things ready: So I started installing Windows 10 2004 on my laptop and for some reason when it was installing in suddenly jumped back to getting things ready 70 percent. I’m just wondering if there is anything I should be worried about. submitted by /u/ThunderCobra48 [link] [comments]...
  4. After cumulative updates which came with Windows 2004 version, my keyboard is typing wrong...

After cumulative updates which came with Windows 2004 version, my keyboard is typing wrong...: So I have not installed the full update yet. It installs till 94% and then undoes it. But I have installed the rest of cumulative and mini updates so after I installed those, my keyboard has stopped functioning normally. It types wrong characters. It's not like keys are...
  5. Can't use keyboard or mouse after this update of Windows 10, 2004

Can't use keyboard or mouse after this update of Windows 10, 2004: I even received a flash drive to reinstall the old Windows 10 version but I can't even get into that at one point without having to type in my pin or password! This is a brand new HP computer! I've tried several keyboards, etc. they all work on other computers, even work on...
  6. "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." Version 2004 update.

"Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." Version 2004 update.: After what seemed like a successful update, I get this screen while waiting for me to hit enter and enter passcode. It's a flashing message. Here is a 1 sec mp4 and a jpg of the message. Anyone seen this and have any suggestions?...
  7. Keyboard not functioning after windows 10 update 2004 version

Keyboard not functioning after windows 10 update 2004 version: Hi After updating the Windows10 update 2004 version june 2020 update my keyboard stopped working. Formatted windows many times. But once the intel graphics command centre which gets installed automatically the keyboard stops working. huge loss of productivity after the...
  8. Facing mouse clicking and keyboard problems afetr updating to 2004 version in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Facing mouse clicking and keyboard problems afetr updating to 2004 version in windows 10: if I left-click the mouse, an action that happens is of right-clicking. When I do a right-click, nothing happens. keyboard functions don't work too. My drivers are up to date. Sometimes this gets fixed by restarting the windows explorer but not always. is there a fix?...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004: I was using windows 10 version 1909.It was running fine but after updating to windows inside progamme .I got version 2004. After Updating to version 2004.After updating.I realized the windows was not detecting my mouse and keyboard.I tried to use windows in recovery mode.But...
  10. some thing went wrong message displayed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    some thing went wrong message displayed: sir while downloading parameter showing that the message some thing went wrong ArgumentNull_Generic why it s showing like this and what was the problem belongs to with regards saravanan...