Windows 10: Windows 10 version 2004 bug triggers repeated security alerts

Discus and support Windows 10 version 2004 bug triggers repeated security alerts in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 2004, which was released on May 27, is currently available for seekers or those who manually check for updates in Windows Updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 27, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 version 2004 bug triggers repeated security alerts

Windows 10 version 2004, which was released on May 27, is currently available for seekers or those who manually check for updates in Windows Updates settings.

In addition to new features, Windows 10 version 2004 (May 2020 Update) also comes with improvements to block potentially unwanted programs, also known short PUPs and PUAs, from showing up on your system or being installed on Windows PCs.

Windows 10 May 2020 Update allows you to maintain a track of the potentially unwanted programs and prevent from being downloaded or installed on Windows 10 systems.

According to Microsoft, the Potentially Unwanted Programs or Potential Unwanted Programs come included in various types of software bundling and driver or registry optimizer.

After applying May 2020 Update, users are reporting that Windows Security app triggers security threat alerts even when the PUA file is gone. After the PUA has been removed or allowed to run on Windows 10, later scans of Windows Security are detecting the old items again, causing an erroneous detection loop.

“I was doing my routine scan and I found these threats highlighted as low and Defender wasn’t able to remove them, they keep showing up. I scanned using Malwarebytes as well, but this doesn’t show up over there,” one user noted.

It appears that Windows Defender has been defaulted to identify PUPs as a threat in Windows 10 version 2004. After the PUP has been removed, Windows Defender identities the same file again and again as a threat on the subsequent scans of the history.

Windows 10 version 2004 bug triggers repeated security alerts Windows-Security-app-scan-options.jpg

To fix PUP and PUA warnings in Windows Security app, you would need to delete PUPs history information by following these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Navigate to C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    • In the Service folder, delete PUP related files.
    • Restart Windows and do a quick scan in Windows Security app.

The notifications for PUPs won’t show up again until another PUP file is loaded on your system.

It’s not yet clear whether Microsoft is aware of the reports, but a fix could be planned as the issue has been widely reported by affected users on Microsoft’s answers forum.

The post Windows 10 version 2004 bug triggers repeated security alerts appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Silas W. Win User

repeating alerts automatically apps?

Hello Colin Fitzroy Burrell,

Thank you for your Forum Contribution.

As i understand you are looking for a "to do list" App that repeats alerts frequently.

Unfortunately i cannot exactly suggest a certain App, but you may have a look at the Windowsphone Store or suggest an App like that with the App:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ie/store/app/suggestion-box/30f4a6af-d742-452d-9f90-aeed254f3d42

Thank You

Regards,

Silas W., Jun 27, 2020
  3. VPN use sets off Repeated Microsoft account security alert

The security alerts that you're getting can be triggered by changes in the IP address. When we detect a sign-in attempt from a strange place or device, we send SMS and email alerts. With regard to your concern, not to continue receiving alerts, we suggest
    contacting our
    Answer Desk team
    . They will be able to assist you better with your concern.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 2004 bug triggers repeated security alerts - Similar Threads - version 2004 bug

2. version 2004 battery saver bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    version 2004 battery saver bug: Hello I have Acer Nitro 5 laptop. windows 10 pro I just installed 2004 update from 30 min, it's working great except I noticed I can't turn on or off the battery saver from the toggle or battery icon from the taskbar which is weird cuz it didn't happen in the previous...
  3. Windows feature update to Windows 10 version 2004 repeatedly fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows feature update to Windows 10 version 2004 repeatedly fails: After being offered the 2004 update for a couple of weeks now, I've noticed that it repeatedly fails install. I tried a number of troubleshooting steps, all with no resolution. The Windows Update Troubleshooter can't find a problem. I've also tried the Media Creation Tool...
  4. Windows 10 Version 2004 Bugs & Glitches

Windows 10 Version 2004 Bugs & Glitches: Hello everyone! I was wondering on how long I should wait to get 2004 until all of the bugs and glitches are resolved? I planned to create a generalized system image of that version for deployment to multiple computers, but I won't do it unless it's fully stable....
  5. New bugs in Windows 10 version 2004 confirmed

in Windows 10 News
    New bugs in Windows 10 version 2004 confirmed: Microsoft confirmed two new bugs that affect the recently released feature update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 2004 (also known as the May 2020 Update). Another bug has been resolved. Windows 10 version 2004 is less than a month old. More than 10 issues were confirmed...
  6. Windows 10 version 2004 Bugs I've found

Windows 10 version 2004 Bugs I've found: Hey Microsoft, I've found some bugs in the recent insider build, windows 10 version 2004. I would revert back to an old build, but I cannot as I had problems on my previous build such as: - Ethernet failing to work, but when I upgraded over a wifi usb adapter to windows...
  7. Not internet, secured - Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not internet, secured - Windows 10 Version 2004: Hey guys, I do not know if a commit a mistake today updating to version 2004 of windows. Windows was working for some time without any problem, then I just wanted to see new edge in action I update it!! �‍, then the message was on the network thing , and I used my...
  8. Windows 10 Version 2004 being plagued with bugs

Windows 10 Version 2004 being plagued with bugs: I had to preformed a fresh install back to v1909 again. But I would like to say for feedback purposes. I think all guys at work at Microsoft you should go back to releasing Service Packs like in Windows 2000 XP Vista and Windows 7. Because with Service Packs they we’re...
  9. windows 10 version 2004 audio bug latest

windows 10 version 2004 audio bug latest: hi, when someone plays videos in windows 10 version 2004 are accompanied by per, perrr, perrrrrr.. sound. every video/audio is accompanied by this sound. I am troubleshooting it. yes, default and other madia players. so far no luck. thanks....
  10. Windows 10 version 2004 disk optimization bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 version 2004 disk optimization bug: There is a bug in windows 10 v2004 19041.153, If you use disk optimization tool and optimize drivers, after a while closing optimization tool it resest situation of drivers and shows as needs optimization every time. [ATTACH]...