Windows 10: Windows 10 version 2004 Bugs I've found

Discus and support Windows 10 version 2004 Bugs I've found in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey Microsoft, I've found some bugs in the recent insider build, windows 10 version 2004. I would revert back to an old build, but I cannot as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jadon M., Jun 13, 2020.

1. Jadon M. Win User

Windows 10 version 2004 Bugs I've found

Hey Microsoft,

I've found some bugs in the recent insider build, windows 10 version 2004.

I would revert back to an old build, but I cannot as I had problems on my previous build such as:

- Ethernet failing to work, but when I upgraded over a wifi usb adapter to windows 10 version 2004, it fixed it! I was surprised, didn't know what was wrong but it fixed. If I reverted, it'd fail again

- On my old laptop for work stuff, I witnessed green lines fixed on this new gaming computer rig, thanks cyberpowerpc!

Now, onto the bugs I've found so far. Please leave any bugs in the replies, for Microsoft so it is easier for them :

- Random freezes in video games, or on any applications. From what I've seen, this happens in games and not web browsers as far as I know, possibly some memory leak or some internal error where it loads too much from something and stutters?

As far as I know, that is my only issue. I won't revert though as it'd uninstall some big games I have, and make my ethernet fail again.

I'm pretty sure many other users have witnessed the freezes, as far as I think I believe it is some internal code where it loads too much at once, or a memory leak it's happened in about 7 games so far - Fortnite, LoL, Destiny 2, GTA, etc

I do hope whatever causes the random freezes on version 2004 that it is fixed in a week or two and an update to fix the random freezes gets pushed out, along with any other bugs fixed.

Thanks for this epic build! Leave any bugs you are aware of in the replies below!

Regards,

Jadon.

:)

Jadon M., Jun 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 13, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Version 2004 Release

Hi Cosmin

There is currently no exact date for the release of version 2004 of Windows 10 put out by Microsoft, that is expected to be released in April, and most likely will be, unless there is any major bug found in that release . . .

You reference version 1709 in your question, can you please provide more information on that part of your question . . .

DaveM121, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 2004 Bugs I've found - Similar Threads - version 2004 Bugs

2. version 2004 battery saver bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    version 2004 battery saver bug: Hello I have Acer Nitro 5 laptop. windows 10 pro I just installed 2004 update from 30 min, it's working great except I noticed I can't turn on or off the battery saver from the toggle or battery icon from the taskbar which is weird cuz it didn't happen in the previous...
  3. Adaptive Brightness not found on Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adaptive Brightness not found on Windows 10 version 2004: Hey everyone, im having issues on trying to disable the screen automatically dimming itself. its an ASUS TUF A15. Please Help me ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adaptive-brightness-not-found-on-windows-10/989e5415-a509-4499-bffa-285f789f9332
  4. Sleep mode not found in Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode not found in Windows 10 version 2004: I recently upgraded my windows 10 laptop to version 2004 using an ISO file downloaded from media creation tool and Ican't find sleep mode in power options now ? How can I get it back oris it just because a bug that came along with May update ?...
  5. Windows 10 Version 2004 Bugs & Glitches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 2004 Bugs & Glitches: Hello everyone! I was wondering on how long I should wait to get 2004 until all of the bugs and glitches are resolved? I planned to create a generalized system image of that version for deployment to multiple computers, but I won't do it unless it's fully stable....
  6. New bugs in Windows 10 version 2004 confirmed

in Windows 10 News
    New bugs in Windows 10 version 2004 confirmed: Microsoft confirmed two new bugs that affect the recently released feature update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 2004 (also known as the May 2020 Update). Another bug has been resolved. Windows 10 version 2004 is less than a month old. More than 10 issues were confirmed...
  7. Windows 10 Version 2004 being plagued with bugs

Windows 10 Version 2004 being plagued with bugs: I had to preformed a fresh install back to v1909 again. But I would like to say for feedback purposes. I think all guys at work at Microsoft you should go back to releasing Service Packs like in Windows 2000 XP Vista and Windows 7. Because with Service Packs they we’re...
  8. Windows 10 2004 Bug Found #1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 2004 Bug Found #1: I have found an annoying visual glitch in Windows 10 2004: Sometimes when opening the Search dialog A.K.A "Type here to search" bar in the taskbar sometimes goes completely black! I may or may not find more bugs!...
  9. windows 10 version 2004 audio bug latest

windows 10 version 2004 audio bug latest: hi, when someone plays videos in windows 10 version 2004 are accompanied by per, perrr, perrrrrr.. sound. every video/audio is accompanied by this sound. I am troubleshooting it. yes, default and other madia players. so far no luck. thanks....
  10. Windows 10 version 2004 disk optimization bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 version 2004 disk optimization bug: There is a bug in windows 10 v2004 19041.153, If you use disk optimization tool and optimize drivers, after a while closing optimization tool it resest situation of drivers and shows as needs optimization every time. [ATTACH]...