Windows 10: Windows 10 version 2004 crashing when task manager is opened and performance is selected

Discus and support Windows 10 version 2004 crashing when task manager is opened and performance is selected in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After updating with the latest windows update Windows 10, version 2004, every time I open Task Manager and select performance my Lenovo Thinkpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by neilstuart1, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 version 2004 crashing when task manager is opened and performance is selected

Hi, After updating with the latest windows update Windows 10, version 2004, every time I open Task Manager and select performance my Lenovo Thinkpad crashes and goes into a restart process?? Very strange! Have you any answers to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

:)

neilstuart1, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 3, 2020
  3. liam415 Win User
    Task manager crash

Task manager is still crashing when applied the above steps and explorer crashes as it takes a while to close and its stuck on a white window and i cant open start till it goes.

"reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v "DesktopProcess" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "SeparateProcess" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f"

liam415, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 version 2004 crashing when task manager is opened and performance is selected

Windows 10 Task Manager Crashing

For further resolution to your task manager crashing issue, we suggest that you perform a
    clean boot. It will help you determine if there is a third-party program/app that is causing the issue. It could be some other applications or programs. To do this, see this
    link, and follow the steps/instructions.

Your reply is most important to us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 version 2004 crashing when task manager is opened and performance is selected

1. Windows 10 version 2004 crashing when task manager is opened and performance is selected - Similar Threads - version 2004 crashing

2. Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager: GDay All,I have an issue with Task Manager. Whenever I try to close Task Manager it hangs and will not close. Clicking on the close button several times will eventually show the 'not responding' message and it will then pop up a dialogue allowing you to close the program or...
  3. Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager: GDay All,I have an issue with Task Manager. Whenever I try to close Task Manager it hangs and will not close. Clicking on the close button several times will eventually show the 'not responding' message and it will then pop up a dialogue allowing you to close the program or...
  4. Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab: Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab in Windows 10. Happens every time.Here is the crash report. How do I locate the fix for this?SourceTask ManagerSummaryStopped workingDate‎3/‎26/‎2022 10:11StatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  5. Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab

Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab: Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab in Windows 10. Happens every time.Here is the crash report. How do I locate the fix for this?SourceTask ManagerSummaryStopped workingDate‎3/‎26/‎2022 10:11StatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  6. Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open: With the latest Build 22538 in the Dev channel, The performance tab in task manager is alone not loading up Whenever I tap on it, The whole task manager application closes. Please suggest me any way to fix it! I've filled it even on feedback-hub, if you are facing the same,...
  8. "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open

"Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open: With the latest Build 22538 in the Dev channel, The performance tab in task manager is alone not loading up Whenever I tap on it, The whole task manager application closes. Please suggest me any way to fix it! I've filled it even on feedback-hub, if you are facing the same,...
  9. Windows 10 Crashing BSOD when open task manager and click performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashing BSOD when open task manager and click performance: version 2004 os build 19041.330 - - - Updated - - - please use simple language when attempting to assist me - - - Updated - - - http://speccy.piriform.com/results/s...5bLPCzTYZVzYzn - - - Updated - - - any help is appreciated 159025
  10. Windows crashes when task manager starts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows crashes when task manager starts: Since I've updated to the Falls Update, whenever I start the task manager, it crashes Windows, unless, I uninstall my drivers. Also, this happens when a web-based app starts (as Discord, Google Chrome or Visual Studio/Code)......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager crash in performance tab

2. taskmgr crashes on performance tab