Windows 10: Windows 10; Version 2004 Ethernet connection issues

Discus and support Windows 10; Version 2004 Ethernet connection issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since updating to Windows 10; ver 2004.... I have been experiencing ethernet connection issues. I cannot Roll back as the time has expired...and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by denmarfl, Oct 21, 2020.

1. denmarfl Win User

Windows 10; Version 2004 Ethernet connection issues

Since updating to Windows 10; ver 2004.... I have been experiencing ethernet connection issues. I cannot Roll back as the time has expired...and I think I updated in July. Ethernet Hardware is Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller

At first when coming out of sleep the ethernet connection would display the Globe and within 5 seconds or so, the connection would be made, the symbol changed to what I call the Monitor with a Pitch Fork.

More recently it has gotten worse. Coming out of sleep, the symbol is the GLOBE no Ethernet connection....within 5 seconds or so it changes to the Connection symbol...Monitor\Pitch Fork...and than goes back to the Globe No ethernet connection. At this point using troubleshooter, it shows I must RESET the Ethernet and to do that I must ReBoot my PC....on ReBoot, I have a good Ethernet connection...

I have uninstalled the Ethernet Software\Hardware and reBooted to let Windows re-install the software\hardware....driver. I have looked for an updated driver via the Windows Update and at DELL mu=y desktop is a dell....Windows shows I have the most recent driver and so does DELL.

I also went in the Ethernet Power Mgt tab and unchecked Allow the computer to turn off this device...and that did not resolve the Issue.

Seems Win10 version 2004 is going to be my worst enemy.....and I do not wish to Install the prior version as it would require I wipe my HD clean and be required to re-install all owner installed software.....

I also drop Bluetooth occasionally and when I find it missing, I must reBoot my PC to get it back......I can live with that issue, the ethernet issue is really troublesome... because when I want to do something on the Internet....I have no connection.....and must wait for a reBoot.

:)

denmarfl, Oct 21, 2020
  2. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User

I suggest checking out the event log in Windows. It's likely going to tell you why (to some degree,) why the network connection was lost. I haven't had this issue with wired connections but, with wireless it has almost always come down to drivers or a strange software bug which boiled down to how the driver operates.

Aquinus, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10; Version 2004 Ethernet connection issues

Drivers and certain antivirus software or vpn related stuff.

eidairaman1, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10; Version 2004 Ethernet connection issues

1. Windows 10; Version 2004 Ethernet connection issues - Similar Threads - Version 2004 Ethernet

2. Windows 10 ethernet connectivity issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 ethernet connectivity issue: My windows 10 desktop pc lost its internet connectivity. I can restore it by uninstalling my network adapter, resetting TCP/IP through netsh netsh i i r r and netsh winsock reset then restarting the system. However the connectivity is lost again after no more than 2 or 3...
  3. Ethernet connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection issues: Greetings, I have a big Ethernet issue when turning my computer on or getting it out of sleep. It just doesn't want to connect, unless I go to : Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre > Change adapter setting > Ethernet > Diagnose. The...
  4. Issues connected to Windows 10 version 2004 - Intel Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues connected to Windows 10 version 2004 - Intel Graphic Card: After updating PC to the version 2004 Windows 10, there are issues which didn't appear in the version 1909 in Windows 10: -Loop of installation Intel UHD Graphic Card Driver version 26.20.100.7323 - "Current Driver on the PC might be better than the driver we're trying to...
  5. Is this a version 2004 issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a version 2004 issue?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kyleo91 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ieuufd/is_this_a_version_2004_issue/
  6. Windows 10 version 2004 TRIM Issues

Windows 10 version 2004 TRIM Issues: What is the ETA on MS resolving the Windows 10 version 2004 TRIM for SSD issues, especially the massive unnecessary, worthless writes which are degrading the life cycle of SSD ? Should I roll back to v1909 or ditch Windows and install Linux ? Gigabyte AERO 15 Manufactured...
  7. Ethernet connection issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connection issue...: Hello. I have a laptop for school that connects via wifi and a pc that connects via ethernet. 2 days ago, my pc wouldn't get any internet connection, but if I connect my laptop to the ethernet, it would work. What could be the issue and what's the possible fix? submitted by...
  8. Windows 10 version 2004: OneDrive cannot connect to Windows issue

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 2004: OneDrive cannot connect to Windows issue: Some devices with the newest version of Windows 10, Windows 10 version 2004, experience issues with Microsoft's OneDrive file synchronization service that is baked into the system. Microsoft confirmed the issue on a new support page on the company's official website. The...
  9. issues upgrading to windows 10 version 2004

issues upgrading to windows 10 version 2004: I encountered issues when upgrading my system to windows 10 version 2004. After installing the windows update, my system restarted. After restart, the system locked up with hitmanpro in the removing malicious software screen. Microsoft edge, and outlook, also were locked...
  10. Windows 10 Version 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Version 2004 Issues: After I installed Windows 10 Version 2004, it was really buggy across all of my computers including my new Laptop. So I reverted back to 1909, and my HP desktop wasn't so fortunate to get back up and running from the restore. I had to do an HP System Recovery. But one issue...