Windows 10: Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I own a Toshiba Satellite S50 B-15-F laptop. A few days ago I installed the latest updates, and didn't notice anything in the beginning.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tuan_009, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Tuan_009 Win User

Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop

Hello,

I own a Toshiba Satellite S50 B-15-F laptop. A few days ago I installed the latest updates, and didn't notice anything in the beginning.

After about an hour of use, it crashed. I turned it off by holding the power button for 10 seconds, and tried to restart it.

Upon startup it shows the normal Toshiba logo, and after that the screen just turns off. I have tried everything to fix it.

I even wiped my whole drive, with some of my files on it, to try and reinstall Windows with a bootable USB drive.

Having tried that, it now just freezes at random times during startup Login screen, loading windows, just after login.

I am deeply disappointed. In my desperation to get it fixed I had to wipe the whole drive.

Has anyone else encountered such a problem? Or does anyone here know what to do/how to fix this.

:)

Tuan_009, Jul 11, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2020
  4. 64K
    64K Win User

Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

Since it's a laptop I would just stick with Windows 8.1 and when it's time to buy a new laptop then Windows 10. My gaming laptop that I travel with has Windows 7 and it's fine. When I buy a new laptop in a couple of years Win 10 will be nice.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop - Similar Threads - version 2004 has

2. Windows 11 has completely ruined my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has completely ruined my laptop.: So a while ago, I updated my laptop from windows 10 to windows 11. Now, this decision took a turn to become a catastrophic disaster. I have tried uninstalling windows 11 update and many other things but nothing has worked in my favor.The problems I am facing - Sometimes when...
  3. Windows 11 has completely ruined my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 has completely ruined my laptop.: So a while ago, I updated my laptop from windows 10 to windows 11. Now, this decision took a turn to become a catastrophic disaster. I have tried uninstalling windows 11 update and many other things but nothing has worked in my favor.The problems I am facing - Sometimes when...
  4. Windows 10 has ruined my Laptop with Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 has ruined my Laptop with Blue Screens: Hello. I have tried everything already to try and solve the Blue Screen problem that started about a week ago. Tried almost every method. Says UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION on Blue Screen. So, I did a clean install of Windows today and it still happened again. After I had...
  5. 2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop: The recent Windows 10 2004 feature update I installed in June 2020 has wrecked my Lenovo laptop. I'm constantly getting blue screens of death, thus making the system inoperable. Apparently this is a common issue. I have lots of programs that I don't want to reinstall, so I...
  6. Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop

Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop: Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop It won't come out of Sleep in a usable state. It takes 20-30 after a reboot before it's "ready to use" The hard drive pegs at 100% for 20-30 minutes after a reboot, which is why it's not ready to use. After coming out of Sleep the...
  7. update 1909 has ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    update 1909 has ruined my laptop: My computer was working just fine before this week's Windows 10 update. Now, almost nothing works and everything is painfully slow. All programs, but especially all browsers and internet connections. Is there some setting or security feature that came with this update that...
  8. update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop

update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop: I used win 10 update assistant to upgrade from 10 1703 to 1809. My first reboot after this resulted in a message " no bootable device" and it is stuck there permanently. When i use F12 key there are n0 booting devices. Now the computer is not recognizing DVD or USB. The hard...
  9. Windows 10 has ruined my laptop:(

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 has ruined my laptop:(: Hello, My Laptop recently updated to the latest version of windows 10, however now the thing wont work, it takes forver to login and when it does i get a blank screen, the bottom bar is there but i can't click it, andnothing i do works, i cant acess anything because it tells...
  10. windows 10 has ruined my pc

windows 10 has ruined my pc: I bought a pc about 6 months ago with windows 10 pre-installed a couple of days ago I had a boot drive error and had to restart windows to the beginning since then I have had no internet connection and couldn't access anything then all of a sudden my internet icon came to...