Windows 10: Windows 10, Version 2004- Intel Graphics GPU Issue

Discus and support Windows 10, Version 2004- Intel Graphics GPU Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received my first notification yesterday of the update for the latest Windows 10, Version 2004. I had nothing but major issues with the display on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andy Asmussen, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10, Version 2004- Intel Graphics GPU Issue

I received my first notification yesterday of the update for the latest Windows 10, Version 2004. I had nothing but major issues with the display on the desktop following the last restart after the successful download and initial install process. After restart, had message that updates were being installed, and everything was being taken care of. Checking back later, only a black screen, and no cursor or keyboard functionality.

After an hour and one-half, there was still no progression into a 'normal' boot up, nor a normal desk top display, but the cursor pointer had appeared, and was functioning, but nothing to select, as the screen was black. The task bar was highlighted by a grey tone, but only the Cortana cue, search window still no Keyboard function, and task view symbol history recall, were displayed. Manually shutting computer down with on/off selector and allowing the computer to then shutdown, allowed a new reboot with some some of the desk top icons and limited functions available, but were found to hang up, not respond, and these would change with each restart. Managed to reboot back to Version 1909, and computer is working well.

Went and searched for known issues with Version 2004, and found that Intel Graphics GPU, has a known problem with Windows 10, Version 2004. Read that there was a block on updating to Version 2004, with Intel Graphics GPU, But this didn't happen, which may have led to the display and functionality issues, being that my Display Adapter is powered through Intel Graphics 530. A driver update search through the 'Device Manager' showed everything up to date, but using the 'Intel Driver Assist', it detected a driver update for my HD Graphics 530 driver. Learned that the existing driver and software needed to be deleted to install updated driver 27.20.100.8280 after numerous attempts failed to update my driver by just overlaying the existing driver.

This was all successful, but I am reluctant to retry installing Version 2004, given the previous problems, and have found nothing affirming that the issue with Intel Graphics GPU has been resolved. Can anyone enlighten me if this issue has been resolved, and by updating the Intel Graphics driver to latest update, I can successfully update to Windows 10, Version 2004 ?

Thanks for any assistance,

Andy Asmussen

:)

Andy Asmussen, Jun 12, 2020

2. GPU crashes after installing windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

As you said, you are facing the issue while playing a game that requires better gpu.so, the issue is related to graphics driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

As, you tried uninstalling nvidia gpu and installing newest drivers(358.50),and it did not work. so, in that case I suggest you to download and install the earlier version of the driver from
    manufacturer website and check .

If issue persists,

Method 2

I suggest you to disable Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and check if it helps..

To do so, Please follow the steps below:

• Type devicemanager in the
      search
      bar.

• Expand the display driver.

• Right click on
      Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
      driver and click disable.

Still issue persists,

Please contact to the manufacturer website.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10, Version 2004- Intel Graphics GPU Issue

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver not compatible with Windows 10

Hi Jae,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

Some programs and/or drivers might not work as expected in Windows 10 as some manufacturers are still in the process of manufacturing the new definitions of the drivers.

In this case, you can download an older version of the driver and install it in compatibility mode with a compatible version of Windows.

For example, you can download Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator version compatible to Windows 7 and install in compatibility mode in Windows 10. Refer to the following steps:

Step 1: Download and save the driver on the desktop from the following link.

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* 7(exe)

Step 2: Install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Check with the issue. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, Version 2004- Intel Graphics GPU Issue

1. Windows 10, Version 2004- Intel Graphics GPU Issue - Similar Threads - Version 2004 Intel

2. Windows 10 20H2 and 2004 Issues with Intel i3-8gen. WiFi issues, Graphic Card issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 and 2004 Issues with Intel i3-8gen. WiFi issues, Graphic Card issues: Hello. Since new update appeared, called 20H2, I noticed that 2 major issues are not fixed since they appeared in version 2004. These issues did not appear in the version 1909. I've already written about it here. I'll quote these issues here: After updating PC to the...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 and 2004 issues Intel i3-8gen. Intel Graphic Card, WiFi Settings

Windows 10 20H2 and 2004 issues Intel i3-8gen. Intel Graphic Card, WiFi Settings: Hello. Since new update appeared, called 20H2, I noticed that 2 major issues are not fixed since they appeared in version 2004. These issues did not appear in the version 1909. I've already written about it here. I'll quote these issues here: After updating PC to the...
  4. Issues connected to Windows 10 version 2004 - Intel Graphic Card

Issues connected to Windows 10 version 2004 - Intel Graphic Card: After updating PC to the version 2004 Windows 10, there are issues which didn't appear in the version 1909 in Windows 10: -Loop of installation Intel UHD Graphic Card Driver version 26.20.100.7323 - "Current Driver on the PC might be better than the driver we're trying to...
  5. Is this a version 2004 issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a version 2004 issue?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kyleo91 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ieuufd/is_this_a_version_2004_issue/
  6. Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10 version 2004: Abstract You may have noticed a mysterious new optional feature called Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling appear in the advanced graphics settings page with the Windows 10 May 2020 update. The purpose of this blog is to give some background on this new feature and how we...
  7. Windows 10 Version 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Version 2004 Issues: After I installed Windows 10 Version 2004, it was really buggy across all of my computers including my new Laptop. So I reverted back to 1909, and my HP desktop wasn't so fortunate to get back up and running from the restore. I had to do an HP System Recovery. But one issue...
  8. Intel GPU driver adds support for Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    Intel GPU driver adds support for Windows 10 version 2004: Intel has finally released a new version of DCH graphics driver for Windows 10 with support for May 2020 Update (version 2004). Intel DCH graphics driver 27.20.100.8187 is now rolling out to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and newer, and the biggest highlight of the new...
  9. Windows 10 Version 1809 - Intel HD Graphics Card Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Version 1809 - Intel HD Graphics Card Driver Issue: Hi there, I had installed Windows 10 Version 1809 just before Christmas. I am currently having issues with the Intel HD Graphics Card. It has a customized card driver from Toshiba. The latest driver that I have installed is 10.18.10.4425. It was released on the 4th of April...
  10. Intel Graphics Driver Issue!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Graphics Driver Issue!: Hey guys, I have Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th Generation with latest Windows 10 64 bit updates! I see there is a glitch on videos while playing on VLC. I upgraded to latest drivers v20 from Lenovo website but having same issues. Any clue ? Regards. 119646