Windows 10: Windows 10 version 2004 is here, and it has lots of issues

Discus and support Windows 10 version 2004 is here, and it has lots of issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released Windows 10 version 2004, also known as the May 2020 Update. The new feature update for Microsoft's Windows operating system is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 28, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 version 2004 is here, and it has lots of issues

Microsoft released Windows 10 version 2004, also known as the May 2020 Update. The new feature update for Microsoft's Windows operating system is available for systems running Windows 10 version 1903 or 1909 only via Windows Update, and only if users click on the "check for updates" button to search for the new version manually.

Even then, it may not be offered to the system at that point in time because of issues identified on the system. In other words: the update is only offered if Microsoft's algorithm concludes that the device is ready for the update.

Windows 10 version 2004 is here, and it has lots of issues windows-10-update-2020-issues.png

Microsoft published a long list of known issues that have not been resolved yet on the official Windows 10 release information page. A total of ten issues are listed on the page currently; many block the new feature upgrade from being offered to devices.

1. Difficulty connecting to more than one Bluetooth device -- Affects Windows 10 devices with certain Realtek Bluetooth radios. (update hold for affected devices)
    2. Errors or issues during or after updating devices with Conexant ISST audio drivers -- Affects Windows 10 devices with Conexant ISST audio drivers (Conexant ISST Audio or Conexant HDAudio Driver) with file names file name uci64a96.dll through uci64a231.dll and file versions lower than 7.231.3.0. (update hold for affected devices)
    3. Errors or issues during or after updating devices with certain Conexant audio drivers -- Devices with certain drivers may receive stop errors or bluescreens. Affected driver is Conexant HDAudio Driver, versions 8.65.47.53, 8.65.56.51, or 8.66.0.0 through 8.66.89.00 for chdrt64.sys or chdrt32.sys.
    4. Issues using ImeMode property to control IME mode for individual text entry fields -- Issues with some applications that use the ImeMode property, e.g. automatic switching between input methods does not work.
    5. Variable refresh rate not working as expected on devices with Intel iGPU -- Monitors with variable refresh rates (VRR) on systems with Intel integrated graphics processing unit display adapters may not work correctly. Microsoft notes that enabling VRR on affected devices won't enable the feature for most games (especially when using DirectX 9.
    6. Stop error when plugging or unplugging a Thunderbolt dock -- Stop error or bluescreen when plugging or unplugging a Thunderbolt dock. Affected devices have at least one Thunderbolt dock, Kernel DMA protection enabled and Windows Hypervisor Platform disabled. (update hold for affected devices)
    7. Errors or unexpected restarts for some devices using Always On, Always Connected -- Devices that support the Always On, Always Connected feature may receive errors or unexpected shutdowns or restarts. Devices with more than one "Always On, Always Connected" capable network adapters are affected. (update hold for affected devices)
    8. No mouse input with apps and games using GameInput Redistributable -- Incompatibilities with some games using GameInput Redistributable that causes them to lose mouse input. (update hold for affected devices)
    9. Issues updating or starting up devices when aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys is present -- Devices with aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys drivers may cause the Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade to fail to install, or may prevent the system from starting after updating. (update hold for affected devices)
    10. Issue with older drivers for Nvidia display adapters (GPU) -- Affected devices with Nvidia graphics cards may receive stop errors or bluescreens. Affects devices with driver version lower than 358.00. (update hold for affected devices)

Microsoft blocks updates on certain devices automatically but not all issues that Microsoft confirmed officially have an update block in place. It is a good idea to go through the list before you start to upgrade your devices.

See our guide on blocking the May 2020 Update for Windows 10 if you want to make sure that you don't receive the update.

Now You: Will you install the feature update on your devices?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 version 2004 is here, and it has lots of issues appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 28, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 28, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 SDK for Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041 now available

Source: Start Developing on Windows 10, version 2004 Today - Windows Developer Blog

Brink, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 2004 is here, and it has lots of issues - Similar Threads - version 2004 here

2. My windows 10 computer has a lot of issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 10 computer has a lot of issues: Hello, I have had a problem with my computer for a year now. When I start my computer it starts twice, more specifically, I can hear my headphones getting on and off and on again. Same goes with my computer. My headphone loses almost everytime its sound, I need to trubleshoot...
  3. Is this a version 2004 issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a version 2004 issue?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kyleo91 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ieuufd/is_this_a_version_2004_issue/
  4. after feature update windows 10, version 2004 facing lot of issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after feature update windows 10, version 2004 facing lot of issues: I have updated my laptop windows 10 with feature update windows 10, version 2004, am facing lot of issues with my system even i have everything up-to-date as follows 1. every time black/blank screen error is there when am starting my laptop 2. Most of the application...
  5. Windows 10 2004 finally here, but...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 2004 finally here, but...: Last Friday I finally could update to 2004, and it was the NVIDIA driver incompatibility that was causing the delay. But now my PC is getting slow even with the most basic tasks, like opening File Explorer. When I opened the programs I use daily running together (like...
  6. Windows 10 version 2004 TRIM Issues

Windows 10 version 2004 TRIM Issues: What is the ETA on MS resolving the Windows 10 version 2004 TRIM for SSD issues, especially the massive unnecessary, worthless writes which are degrading the life cycle of SSD ? Should I roll back to v1909 or ditch Windows and install Linux ? Gigabyte AERO 15 Manufactured...
  7. windows 10 2004 freezes a lot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 2004 freezes a lot.: I installed the windows 10 2004, 4 days ago and since then it keeps freezing randomly I cannot operate at this time at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Windows 10 home version 2004 Os build 19041.329...
  8. issues upgrading to windows 10 version 2004

issues upgrading to windows 10 version 2004: I encountered issues when upgrading my system to windows 10 version 2004. After installing the windows update, my system restarted. After restart, the system locked up with hitmanpro in the removing malicious software screen. Microsoft edge, and outlook, also were locked...
  9. Windows 10 Version 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Version 2004 Issues: After I installed Windows 10 Version 2004, it was really buggy across all of my computers including my new Laptop. So I reverted back to 1909, and my HP desktop wasn't so fortunate to get back up and running from the restore. I had to do an HP System Recovery. But one issue...
  10. Here is what is new in Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    Here is what is new in Windows 10 version 2004: The next version of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system is Windows 10 version 2004 (formerly known as Windows 10 20H1). While it won't be released for a while, it is more or less feature-complete already. The following information is based mostly on Insider builds but...