Windows 10: windows 10 version 2004 Network access authority

Discus and support windows 10 version 2004 Network access authority in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After upgrade to windows 10 version 2004 does not allow me to access the pc from my network but used to though PC shows on the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CountryClothing, Jun 5, 2020.

1. windows 10 version 2004 Network access authority

After upgrade to windows 10 version 2004 does not allow me to access the pc from my network but used to though PC shows on the network

:)

CountryClothing, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2020
  3. astrakan Win User
    windows 10 loosing local network access

Hi,

Well, frequently, I'm unable to access folders on my laptop (or desktop from laptop).
    Then I run network troubleshooting and windows says me the same thing again: one or more network protocols are not installed and necessary for connectivity. Then I accept the correction and I can access my network until the next time it will fail and will say me the same thing. One day, perhaps 3 if I am lucky.
    IT'S MASSIVELY BORING !! *Smile windows 10 version 2004 Network access authority :)

Any clue ?

astrakan, Jun 5, 2020
  4. windows 10 version 2004 Network access authority

Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc. Contact your network administrator to request access, while trying to access one PC from another over network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing one PC from another PC over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are the entire PC’s running Windows 10 1809 build version?
    2. Have you tried accessing the PC using IP address of the PC?
    3. Are the PC’s connected to domain network?

I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

However, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019 and see if that helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 version 2004 Network access authority

1. windows 10 version 2004 Network access authority - Similar Threads - version 2004 Network

2. Problem accessing network folders with Windows 10 2004 or 20H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem accessing network folders with Windows 10 2004 or 20H2: I’ve been sharing files using a password protected Synology Diskstation for over 10 years now without a problem, that is until Windows 10 2004 Feature Update was installed it’s the same with 20H2. Of my 4 PCs only one still works successfully and to achieve that I had to...
  3. Network keeps disconnecting version 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network keeps disconnecting version 2004: It is an Asus laptop with Realtek network card. So its been months since this problem occurred but this few weeks has been pretty bad. Apparently the latest windows update "fixed" the bug in which network adapter goes disconnected. After few days after the update, the...
  4. Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 2004: Can you tell me when the October Update will be available to download. Because I have been having major problems with the version 2004 since it’s release. Right my HP Desktop PC I bought last year from Argos UK in July 2019. The Computer came shipped with the recovery...
  5. Windows 10 version 2004 lost connection to a network drive

Windows 10 version 2004 lost connection to a network drive: My computer was working OK. Then we had a bad storm so I shut it down. I have a drive connected to my router that contains software and files used by both of my computers. One is a Microsoft Surface 6 and it connects OK to my network drive. My Desktop HP Envy 23 does not. In...
  6. "No Internet Access" after upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004

"No Internet Access" after upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004: I have a company laptop and just upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 and now have "No Internet Access." I have found several resolutions but each requires admin permissions. Modify registry, modify hosts. file, revert to prior version each requires admin permissions. I...
  7. Windows 10 2004 Problems when accessing network shares

Windows 10 2004 Problems when accessing network shares: Two of the computers of my network has been having issues with accessing to network shares since been updated to Windows 10 2004. I had to rollback to 1909 and they work fine, but after a while the update installs again and my users cannot work with my network. Today I have...
  8. New windows version 2004 Network error

New windows version 2004 Network error: We can't connect a shared drive from network, in addition could't call IP address together. Such error occurred after the Windows version 2004 updation. Mounted network can't be connected as well....
  9. Windows 10 version 2004

Windows 10 version 2004: I have over 890Gb of completely totally empty space. I have tried and failed to update to version 2004 twice. Storage space is not an issue. All that I want to do is update from Windows 10 version 1909 to Windows 10 version 2004. Now it doesn't even come up during manual...
  10. Windows 10 Version 2004 Internet Access

Windows 10 Version 2004 Internet Access: Since updating my Dell Iaptop to Windows 10 Version 2004, Network and Internet settings is showing that my home wifi network has "No Internet Access" when in fact it is working fine. I've rebooted my laptop, reset the router and reinstalled the network wireless adaptor but...