Windows 10: Windows 10 Version 2004 (No errors, doesn't actually install)

Discus and support Windows 10 Version 2004 (No errors, doesn't actually install) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I'm sure plenty of questions have been asked about this update but I could not find the specific issue I am having. A few weeks ago I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JJMMBX, Sep 26, 2020.

1. JJMMBX Win User

Windows 10 Version 2004 (No errors, doesn't actually install)

Hello,

I'm sure plenty of questions have been asked about this update but I could not find the specific issue I am having.

A few weeks ago I tried to update to 2004 but the computer got a BSOD while updating and after restarting it reverted back to previous version and the option to upgrade was missing. I read that Malwarebytes could cause an issue so I uninstalled it, but the option to upgrade did not reappear. As a note I use Bitdefender but it was just installed on the computer and set to not automatically come on.

Recently, the option popped up again so I had tried to update. This time I left in the morning as it was configuring (after a reboot) and when I came back I logged in but found the upgrade did not go through and it was still an option to download and install. It did not show any kind of failure message.

I tried again today and I finished installing it and rebooted. However, when checking my OS version it still says I have 1909 and I no longer have the issue to update.

Anyone have an idea what the issue may be?

:)

JJMMBX, Sep 26, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 Version 2004 (No errors, doesn't actually install) [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 26, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows 10 Version 2004 (No errors, doesn't actually install) [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Version 2004 (No errors, doesn't actually install)

Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Version 2004 (No errors, doesn't actually install)

1. Windows 10 Version 2004 (No errors, doesn't actually install) - Similar Threads - Version 2004 errors

2. Windows 10 Version 2004 Can not Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 2004 Can not Install: When I do Check for Updates in Windows 10 I get the following message: "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." This message has been there since May or June of this year. Why is it...
  3. Install version 2004

Install version 2004: Yesterday is the 2nd time I tried to install version 2004. The first time was when it was an available download in September. Both times it failed with error 0xc1900101. I don't have any external devices attached except for the wireless mouse. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15...
  4. Windows 10 Version 2004 Fails to Install

Windows 10 Version 2004 Fails to Install: Hi I have now tried to install this update but is fails with a BSOD. YOUR DEVICE RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART YOU CAN RESTART windows.com/stopcode StopCode Memory_Management Cannot restart as appears frozen / keyboard is dead Need to use power button to...
  5. Installation of update version 2004 for Windows 10

Installation of update version 2004 for Windows 10: Today, in Windows Update I've got a notice that version 2004 is ready to download and install on my version 1909. I started to download it, and it took more than 6 hoursMy PC is a quadcore, 16gb ram, 1tb HDD recently defragmented, 300MB internet conection. Once it finished,...
  6. windows 10 version 2004 instalation faild......

windows 10 version 2004 instalation faild......: windows 10 version 2004 instalation faild...... The error code is 0xa0000400 please help me...[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-2004-instalation-faild/0cdc0e3c-83ad-4915-9817-90fed89ea902
  7. installing version 2004

installing version 2004: i tried to get version 2004 via windows update feature. but when it got stuck at downloading 87%, i paused it then after restarting i again started the update. but this time after ''getting things ready'' pop up it directly went to installing progress . there was no...
  8. Installing Windows 10, Version 2004 update

Installing Windows 10, Version 2004 update: I have tried to install the recent update, Windows 10, Version 2004, mulitiple time! It keeps showing failed attempt with code 0x800704c7. and it has stall updates at 94% and one attempt it stalled at 24%. Anybody know why I cannot complete the update install?...
  9. Unable to install Windows 10 Version 2004

Unable to install Windows 10 Version 2004: I'm trying to upgrade my version of Windows 10 to 2004 to enable wsl2. Here is the message that I see: This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC settings aren't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. Microsoft is working to support your settings soon. No...
  10. Unable to Install Windows 10 Version 2004

Unable to Install Windows 10 Version 2004: Hello, I was installing Windows 10 Version 2004 and after downloading and going through the install process the "what needs your attention" box popped up. The following message was shown, "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC setting aren't supported yet on...