Windows 10: Windows 10 version 2004: OneDrive cannot connect to Windows issue

Discus and support Windows 10 version 2004: OneDrive cannot connect to Windows issue in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some devices with the newest version of Windows 10, Windows 10 version 2004, experience issues with Microsoft's OneDrive file synchronization service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 3, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 version 2004: OneDrive cannot connect to Windows issue

Some devices with the newest version of Windows 10, Windows 10 version 2004, experience issues with Microsoft's OneDrive file synchronization service that is baked into the system.

Microsoft confirmed the issue on a new support page on the company's official website.

The company notes that "some older devices or devices with certain older apps installed that use legacy file system drivers" may not be able to connect to the OneDrive service via the OneDrive app. Microsoft OneDrive displays the error message "OneDrive cannot connect to Windows"

Windows 10 version 2004: OneDrive cannot connect to Windows issue onedrive-cannot-connect-to-windows.png

The error text provides the following information:

Files On-Demand requires a connection to Windows in order to show your files without taking up space on this device. OneDrive can keep trying to connect to Windows or you can choose to download all your files. You won't be able to use online-only files until this is fixed.

Options are provided to "try again" or to download the files. The issue affects files on-demand, a relatively new feature of OneDrive that Microsoft introduced some time ago. Files On-Demand displays all available files in the OneDrive folder on the device even if the files are only available in the cloud and not locally.

Microsoft has published two workarounds to fix the issue on affected system. The first workaround relies on the new Files On-Demand Troubleshooter, the second provides manual steps to address the issue.

Workaround 1: The Files On-Demand Troubleshooter

1. Open the Start Menu, type troubleshoot, and select Troubleshoot Settings from the list of suggestions.
    2. Select View History on the page that opens. You may see either that the Files On-Demand troubleshooter ran successfully, in which case the issue should be resolved, or that it did not run successfully and needs to be run. The system needs to be restarted after a successful run of the troubleshooter.
    3. Users should then verify that Files On-Demand is still enabled by right-clicking on the OneDrive icon in the System Tray and selecting Settings > Settings tab and making sure that "Save space and download files as you use them" is enabled.
    4. The process needs to be repeated for each account.

Workaround 2: The manual option

1. Open the Start Menu, type cmd, right-click on the Command Prompt suggestion and select "run as administrator" from the context menu.
    2. Run the following command: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cldflt\instances /f /v DefaultInstance /t REG_SZ /d "CldFlt"
    3. Restart the device afterwards.
    4. Following instructions 3 and 4 of the first workaround above to verify that Files On-Demand is still active.

Now You: Do you use OneDrive or another file synchronization service? (via Born)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 version 2004: OneDrive cannot connect to Windows issue appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Easo, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 2004: OneDrive cannot connect to Windows issue - Similar Threads - version 2004 OneDrive

2. Windows 10; Version 2004 Ethernet connection issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10; Version 2004 Ethernet connection issues: Since updating to Windows 10; ver 2004.... I have been experiencing ethernet connection issues. I cannot Roll back as the time has expired...and I think I updated in July. Ethernet Hardware is Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller At first when coming out of sleep the...
  3. Version 2004 Windowed Application issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Version 2004 Windowed Application issues.: I've noticed now that, after updating from version 1903, that with some applications, particularly games such as Fallout Shelter and Roblox, are unable to render frames. This turns the window white outside of whatever frame was rendered last, unless it's resolution is in a...
  4. Issues connected to Windows 10 version 2004 - Intel Graphic Card

Issues connected to Windows 10 version 2004 - Intel Graphic Card: After updating PC to the version 2004 Windows 10, there are issues which didn't appear in the version 1909 in Windows 10: -Loop of installation Intel UHD Graphic Card Driver version 26.20.100.7323 - "Current Driver on the PC might be better than the driver we're trying to...
  5. Windows 10 version 2004 TRIM Issues

Windows 10 version 2004 TRIM Issues: What is the ETA on MS resolving the Windows 10 version 2004 TRIM for SSD issues, especially the massive unnecessary, worthless writes which are degrading the life cycle of SSD ? Should I roll back to v1909 or ditch Windows and install Linux ? Gigabyte AERO 15 Manufactured...
  6. OneDrive issues after update to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive issues after update to Windows 10 2004: Hi! I am using windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I updated my PC to Build 2004. When I restarted it, there was an error by onedrive showing Files On-Demand error. I Tried again but it remained the same. I clicked on download and when I downloaded the files, it showed error...
  7. OneDrive cannot connect to Windows

OneDrive cannot connect to Windows: Does this come up constantly for anyone else? Every 4th or so reboot I have to deal with it by typing sc config cldflt start=auto in a command prompt run as admin and then rebooting. It's been months already and the only recognition I've seen by Microsoft is the one Office...
  8. issues upgrading to windows 10 version 2004

issues upgrading to windows 10 version 2004: I encountered issues when upgrading my system to windows 10 version 2004. After installing the windows update, my system restarted. After restart, the system locked up with hitmanpro in the removing malicious software screen. Microsoft edge, and outlook, also were locked...
  9. Windows 10 Version 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Version 2004 Issues: After I installed Windows 10 Version 2004, it was really buggy across all of my computers including my new Laptop. So I reverted back to 1909, and my HP desktop wasn't so fortunate to get back up and running from the restore. I had to do an HP System Recovery. But one issue...
  10. OneDrive cannot connect to Windows

OneDrive cannot connect to Windows: This error only happend maybe 1 out of 10 to 20 times when I boot my computer. But why does it happend? At first I suspected myabe the OneDrive service would benefit of having a delayed startup, but I can't even find it, and it might be a blind shot. I had the same problem...