Windows 10: Windows 10 Version 2004 - Sometimes becomes unresponsive KB4565503 at fault?

Discus and support Windows 10 Version 2004 - Sometimes becomes unresponsive KB4565503 at fault? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've recently updated to Windows 2004. As expected, this update seems to be a complete mess. Every once in a while Windows becomes unresponsive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheRealDannyyy, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Version 2004 - Sometimes becomes unresponsive KB4565503 at fault?

I've recently updated to Windows 2004. As expected, this update seems to be a complete mess.

Every once in a while Windows becomes unresponsive, resulting in things failing to render and stop working, without a blue screen though. Opening the Task Manager while it's happening, displays the GPU0 at -1% utilization and none of the GPU related stats updating. I've also started noticing that my wallpaper on the 2nd screen dual screen setup sometimes resets on startup and USB devices initializing with a 4-6sec. delay.

Windows recently installed KB4565503 for me. Is this update known to cause issues with GPU`s? It seems to have a fix related to "visual distortion". Any help is appreciated, my last option would be to downgrade back to 1909 using a clean ISO install.

Things I've already done:

• Upgrade/downgrade Nvidia drivers multiple times current v446.14
    • Reset Windows 10 using cloud download and keeping files

System Info:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version: 2004; OS build: 19041.1
    • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    • 32768MB RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
    • SSD + HDD Win10 on SSD

:)

TheRealDannyyy, Jul 27, 2020
  2. M. Hamer Win User

Fingerprint reader is sometimes unresponsive in Windows 10, version 2004

Since installing Windows 10, version 2004, the fingerprint reader will sometimes be unresponsive after starting or restarting the device, or after resuming from sleep.

M. Hamer, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Lonnie_L Win User
    Fingerprint reader is sometimes unresponsive in Windows 10, version 2004

Microsoft is aware of an issue in Windows 10, version 2004 that can sometimes cause the fingerprint reader to become unresponsive after starting or restarting the device, or after waking the system from sleep.

This problem is due to a timing issue in the fingerprint credential provider. Occasionally, there is a delay in processing the first attempt to sign in using the fingerprint reader. The first attempt to sign in sets a flag to prevent further sign-in
    attempts from completing. If a second sign-in is attempted before this flag is set, the first sign-in attempt will eventually resume and set this flag, but will be ignored due to the second sign-in attempt. The flag will remain active and subsequent sign-in
    attempts will fail.

To resolve this issue:

1. Select Start > Settings > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    2. Under Privacy, turn off Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart.
    3. If the fingerprint reader is still unresponsive, wait 30 seconds and try again.

Lonnie_L, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Version 2004 - Sometimes becomes unresponsive KB4565503 at fault?

Programs become unresponsive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both with different results.

Step 1: Safe Mode:

This seemed to work and I could save a file in Word without the program becoming "Unresponsive".

Step 2: Clean Boot:

This did not work and Word would become unresponsive when trying to save a file.

I did notice another odd thing. It seems that sometimes (not often) Word would work the first time I used it If I close it and reopened it the unresponsive behavior returned. I tried opening Word several time but it remained unresponsive.

This is very frustrating as I use Word daily.

RobertAAult, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Version 2004 - Sometimes becomes unresponsive KB4565503 at fault?

1. Windows 10 Version 2004 - Sometimes becomes unresponsive KB4565503 at fault? - Similar Threads - Version 2004 Sometimes

2. Windows has become unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has become unresponsive.: I was trying to end a different task via Task Manager accidentally ended a process called Windows Explorer. I had a black screen and I turned the computer off than on again and after I entered the password the entire system froze and became unresponsive exept for the mouse. I...
  3. Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently: So this just started happening today. I had one firefox with 4~5 Tabs open and I opened Thunderbird. If I would click one program after the other, Windows would just freeze for a couple of seconds. The problem is not specific to Firefox or Thunderbird. It seems to happen...
  4. Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive: Hi all, For a few days now, after a few minutes of use the computer becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot because there is no other solution. For example, when this happens, I am able to move the pinned icons from the bottom bar anywhere. I have done the last...
  5. 2020-07 Cumulative Update for windows 10 Version 2004 for x 64-based Systems KB4565503 not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2020-07 Cumulative Update for windows 10 Version 2004 for x 64-based Systems KB4565503 not...: On the windows update screen it says its installing-0% then it will jump to 100% then back to 0% then to 10% then 0%. I know next to nothing about computers so i have no idea if this is an easy fix or not. Also i have no idea if this is related to the problem or not but it...
  6. Fingerprint reader is sometimes unresponsive in Windows 10, version 2004

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint reader is sometimes unresponsive in Windows 10, version 2004: Since installing Windows 10, version 2004, the fingerprint reader will sometimes be unresponsive after starting or restarting the device, or after resuming from sleep....
  7. KB4565503

KB4565503: The first time it installed it broke Outlook, it would not open. I removed the update. The second time it installed Windows update would fail when checking for updates. I removed the update and paused all updates. What next?...
  8. Windows 10 2004 NO installation of Windows Update KB4565503 - continuous looping

Windows 10 2004 NO installation of Windows Update KB4565503 - continuous looping: Windows 10 2004 Release Preview build 19041.331 NO installation of Windows Update KB4565503 - continuous looping starting Windows Update the download is OK until 100%, then it begin to update normally until 20%, then jump to 44% and then to 100%, it restart to download until...
  9. Windows 10 2004 cumulative update KB4565503 July 2020

Windows 10 2004 cumulative update KB4565503 July 2020: hi all: The latest cumulative update for Windows 10 2004 is here. Please check https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4555932 for more info., like fixes or issues on the update. Microsoft has not updated the website yet but will....
  10. My mouse sometimes becomes unresponsive and laggy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse sometimes becomes unresponsive and laggy: Hello, I have some issues with my wireless mouse,it is a brand new gembird mouse,and it becomes unresponsive and laggy sometimes,so I would please you to tell me everything I can do to fix this issue. My Windows version is : Win 10 x64 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.778)....
Tags: