Windows 10: Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade remains blocked for many devices

Discus and support Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade remains blocked for many devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10’s May 2020 Update, also known as version 2004, was released to consumers and businesses on May 27. Microsoft said that the May 2020 Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 13, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade remains blocked for many devices

Windows 10’s May 2020 Update, also known as version 2004, was released to consumers and businesses on May 27. Microsoft said that the May 2020 Update is available for users who wanted it through Windows Update or through the various other methods, such as Update Assistant and Media Creation Tool.

Last month, Microsoft updated its documentation to announce that Windows 10 May 2020 Update is widely available for those who manually check for upgrades in Windows Update Settings.

However, Windows 10 May 2020 Update appears to be still blocked on a wide range of hardware, including Microsoft’s own Surface products.

For example, the tech giant noted that it removed the block for Surface Pro 7, Surface Laptop 3 and other products with ‘Always On, Always Connected’ feature. Microsoft later quietly updated its documentation to note that the block is only removed for devices that do not have any other safeguards.

Likewise, Microsoft removed the upgrade block for devices using “GameInput Redistributable” in certain apps and games. However, Windows 10 version 2004 still wouldn’t show up on devices because of “other safeguards” and it’s not yet clear what “other safeguards” are keeping users from being able to install May 2020 Update.

Some users have told us that uninstalling OneDrive app removes the upgrade block, while others noted that they managed to bypass the upgrade by simply refreshing their computer back to the default apps and settings using ‘Reset this PC’.

If you really want the Windows 10 May 2020 Update and you’ve already updated all drivers but the update is still not available, you can reset your PC and try again or get it through Media Creation Tool.

You can also download a completely new ISO image of Windows 10 May 2020 Update or create a bootable drive using the Windows Media Creation Tool and Rufus.

A flawless Windows Update is impossible with millions of PCs packing different, software, driver components, and other system tweaks. Microsoft’s decision to halt updates may frustrate some people who are anxious to upgrade their PC, but this is for the greater good.

The post Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade remains blocked for many devices appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 13, 2020
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade remains blocked for many devices [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jul 13, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade remains blocked for many devices - Similar Threads - version 2004 upgrade

2. Upgrade to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to version 2004: I am currently on version 1909 of Windows 10. I want to upgrade, but not to version 20H2, because some of my friends have issues with 20H2. I would rather upgrade to version 2004. How do I go about doing that?...
  3. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Version 2004

Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Version 2004: Good afternoon. Has anyone here successfully updated the new 2004 Version from their Windows Update site? OR, run into problems with the upgrade you wish to share? Thanks, scotirish...
  4. Upgrading to version 2004

Upgrading to version 2004: I have an asus pc released in 2019 and i bought it on may 2020 I'm having some issues with version 2004 when i upgraded my service provider took it back to version 1909 now i am unable to get update for ver 2004...
  5. Windows 10 Version 1903 upgrade to Version 2004 failure.

Windows 10 Version 1903 upgrade to Version 2004 failure.: I am not able to successfully upgrade my PC to version 2004. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Here is the log from SetupDiag: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <SetupDiag xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"...
  6. Windows 10 2004 will remain blocked by one security feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 2004 will remain blocked by one security feature: Windows 10 May 2020 Update was released on May 27 by Microsoft, but users are still receiving a message that the upgrade is blocked due to a system setting, while others report problems after installing the new feature update. Microsoft says there is a compatibility issue...
  7. windows 10 upgrade to version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 upgrade to version 2004: I received the windows 10 upgrade to version 2004 yesterday. Now when I try to print from my laptop through the home network printer which is connected to my desktop, the docs won't print. They get lined up in the printer queue but don't print. My laptop obviously connects to...
  8. issues upgrading to windows 10 version 2004

issues upgrading to windows 10 version 2004: I encountered issues when upgrading my system to windows 10 version 2004. After installing the windows update, my system restarted. After restart, the system locked up with hitmanpro in the removing malicious software screen. Microsoft edge, and outlook, also were locked...
  9. Windows 10 version 2004 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 version 2004 Upgrade: My laptop prompted me to update to the latest version of Windows 10 version 2004. I had Windows 10 Pro version 1909 at the time. Th eupdate to 2004 was successful but the OS Build now shows Windows 10 Home Single Language instead of Windows 10 Pro - why is this? I tried...
  10. Windows Security feature blocks Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Security feature blocks Windows 10 version 2004: Microsoft has acknowledged a new issue with Windows Security app that could prevent Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) on your PC. Specifically, the issue causes compatibility problems with Windows 10 version 2004 if you don’t modify settings in Windows Security app or...