Windows 10: Windows 10 Version 2004 - What a train crash for my Dell XPS15...

Discus and support Windows 10 Version 2004 - What a train crash for my Dell XPS15... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 and yesterday upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004. Now LOTS and LOTS of ISSUES! Slow for windows to boot up, slow for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DomPezet, Jun 26, 2020.

1. DomPezet Win User

Windows 10 Version 2004 - What a train crash for my Dell XPS15...

I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 and yesterday upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004. Now LOTS and LOTS of ISSUES! Slow for windows to boot up, slow for all browsers to load including Chrome, New Chromium Edge and Firefox. Also slow for internet pages to load in the browser and internet is 300Mbps! Also erratically the SSD goes to 100% and stays there for 30-40 seconds and freezes the machine. Up until the update the machine had been running like a dream.

Any advice on what I can do? Can I back out this update?

:)

DomPezet, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

My Toshiba Satellite L750 laptop is not even in Toshiba's 'tested' list for the original 2015 release of Windows 10, and there are definitely no W10 drivers for it from Toshiba. It was one of my two machines that were offered 2004 in Windows Update as soon as it was released.

It now runs 2004 without a problem. 'Not tested' just means it's too old for the OEM to be bothered with (or they haven't got round to it yet). It doesn't mean 'not capable'.

Edit: and if it's any consolation, I have a Dell Latitude E7270 that IS on Dell's list of 'computers that have been tested for update to Windows 10 May 2020 Update'. Despite that, it is still waiting to be offered it in Windows Update.

3. Dellxps15 Win User
    Dell XPS15 crashing out of the box (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION). Got minidump&msinfo32.

Hello!

Brand new computer (Dell xps15)crashes a few times per day (Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) no matter if I use it or not. I just come back to find it turned off. Everything up to date including Bios. I just did a clean install yesterday to find it turned
    off this morning so I followed the driver verifier process. When on it crashed as soon as Windows 10 was loading startup apps (couldn't read the message properly but it was something along "Driver error").

I got the minidump and the msinfo32.

File upload and sharing. Large file transfers. Free online cloud storage.

File upload and sharing. Large file transfers. Free online cloud storage.

Any help welcome Windows 10 Version 2004 - What a train crash for my Dell XPS15... :)

Dellxps15, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Version 2004 - What a train crash for my Dell XPS15... - Similar Threads - Version 2004 train

2. New Dell xps15 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Dell xps15 laptop: Since updating my 2021 Dell XPS15 laptop to Windows 11 the webcam can't take a new hello login photo of my face. Please - all out there, help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-dell-xps15-laptop/6a6d313e-532b-4cd6-926d-7bd40c10f152
  3. New Dell xps15 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Dell xps15 laptop: Since updating my 2021 Dell XPS15 laptop to Windows 11 the webcam can't take a new hello login photo of my face. Please - all out there, help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-dell-xps15-laptop/6a6d313e-532b-4cd6-926d-7bd40c10f152
  4. Dell XPS 13 and Windows 10 2004 version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell XPS 13 and Windows 10 2004 version: Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 connected to external hub using USB type C produces that the laptop freezes randomly every 5/10 minutes after the installation of Windows 10 2004 upgrade showing the following error on Event viewer related to Intel Iris Plus Graphics: Device...
  5. Here is what is new in Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    Here is what is new in Windows 10 version 2004: The next version of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system is Windows 10 version 2004 (formerly known as Windows 10 20H1). While it won't be released for a while, it is more or less feature-complete already. The following information is based mostly on Insider builds but...
  6. Upgrade of Windows 10 (Home) on a Dell XPS15 9560 from version 1809 to 1903 fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade of Windows 10 (Home) on a Dell XPS15 9560 from version 1809 to 1903 fails: Hello During the update to this version when the progress bar indicates 14% complete I get the following message: What needs your attention AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper configured in SATA or NVMe mode A driver is installed that causes stability problems on...
  7. Dell XPS15 L502X Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS15 L502X Keyboard not working: Since the November 2018 Windows 10 update my laptop keyboard will not always work. It appears to be only the top row (q-p) that doesn't work sometimes. I have read various articles and tried updating drivers and uninstalling reinstalling the keyboard without any success. I...
  8. Dell XPS15 9550 Random hang/freeze

Dell XPS15 9550 Random hang/freeze: Hi, I am getting random hangs/freezes while using the computer, as in, the system is responsive, the mouse can move, but any attempt to start or close a program results in that program freezing. I've noticed the disk activity goes to max and cpu usage goes down as it...
  9. windows freeze DELL XPS15

windows freeze DELL XPS15: Greetings,First time here.Thanks in advance for any assistance. I am getting a pretty consistent windows freeze that I need some help fixing. The freeze happens at random times. Explorer will just stop responding.The mouse will continue to function but the operating system...
  10. Do you have a Dell XPS15?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do you have a Dell XPS15?: Apologies if this is not the right place for my query but I respect the opinions of all on this forum. Can any owner give a 'warts an' all' review for a Dell XPS15. Having read computer mags which say it's great to some owners who say it's the worst buy ever. It looks just...