Windows 10: Windows 10 version 20H2 comes without any major known issues

Discus and support Windows 10 version 20H2 comes without any major known issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has finally released the Windows 10 October 2020 Update, also known as version 20H2. The company says you can download the October 2020... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 21, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 version 20H2 comes without any major known issues

Microsoft has finally released the Windows 10 October 2020 Update, also known as version 20H2. The company says you can download the October 2020 Update now by becoming a ‘seeker’ and it will be pushed to your PC as an automatic update in future.

Microsoft also clarified that Windows 10 version 20H2 is not being forced and users won’t receive it right away if they don’t actively check for updates. The update is rolling out to those who check for updates on devices running Windows 10 versions 1903, 1909, and 2004.

Windows 10 October 2020 Update has been in testing for almost six months and it’s nothing more than an enablement package or a serviced version of May 2020 Update (version 2004).

As it always does, Microsoft has now published a list of known issues that you should check out before upgrading to Windows 10 version 20H2.

Unsurprisingly, Windows 10 version 20H2 comes with all issues that are currently plaguing Windows 10 version 2004.

Known issues in Windows 10 October 2020 Update

As of October 20, Microsoft is aware of multiple minor known issues in Windows 10 October 2020 Update, including one change that leads to errors when applying drivers from unverified publishers.

1. Driver errors

With recent cumulative and feature update, Microsoft appears to have made a significant change to the way in which Windows verifies drivers published by OEMs, manufacturers and vendors.

As part of the change, Windows 10 now uses a new driver verification model that will prevent users from applying low-quality drivers or unverified drivers. When this happens, Microsoft says it will show one error message stating that it can’t verify the publisher.

If you come across such issues when applying driver updates manually, Microsoft recommends reaching out to the publisher of the driver.

Technically, this is a feature and Microsoft won’t revert it for security reasons.

2. Conexant audio drivers

Microsoft is currently aware of issues with Conexant audio drivers in Windows 10 version 20H2.

The bug was first discovered in the May 2020 Update and it remains unresolved for some unknown reasons. If you have these audio drivers installed, Microsoft says it will apply a compatibility hold on your device and prevent it from receiving feature updates.

Microsoft noted that they’re working with Synaptics and they’ll share more details soon.

3. Conexant ISST audio drivers

Microsoft is also aware of issues with Conexant ISST audio drivers where users might have problems operating their computer’s built-in audio system.

As a result, Microsoft has placed another upgrade block and affected users may need to wait until an update is issued by the company.

A lot of these issues are pretty minor and you could run into problems only if you’ve got an older Conexant audio device.

If you do come across Blue Screen of Death and other nasty issues after applying Windows 10’s October feature update, let us know in the comments below.

The post Windows 10 version 20H2 comes without any major known issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 version 20H2

Source:

Brink, Oct 21, 2020
  3. steve108 Win User
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 version 20H2

Add another issue which is going to keep 20H2 off my PCs:
    Task Manager - Startup tabs does not update after a power up after installing 20H2 on my PC. The same stale data will be present after every power on. It works fine before 20H2 and after I uninstalled the 20H2 Enablement KB.

This is an issue which @f14tomcat has apparently made aware to M$ weeks, if not months ago.

steve108, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 version 20H2 comes without any major known issues

Get Windows 10 OS, Version 20H2 Update

To,

Microsoft Community

Hi, this is Gavin. I am currently using Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).

I want to currently upgrade to Latest Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version "20H2". I would like to know as if when is Microsoft expected to launch Version "20H2". Any idea or update on that.

Can i upgrade right now to Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version "20H2", if Yes then how???

Please help.

Thanks & regards,

Gavin

GavinMathos, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 version 20H2 comes without any major known issues

1. Windows 10 version 20H2 comes without any major known issues - Similar Threads - version 20H2 comes

2. Are there any known issues with WIN 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there any known issues with WIN 11?: I usually wait for at least a month before upgrading anything to see if there are bugs or other issues, are there any with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-any-known-issues-with-win-11/8c6f18db-f412-455d-b310-02a7d63748d6
  3. Are there any known issues with WIN 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there any known issues with WIN 11?: I usually wait for at least a month before upgrading anything to see if there are bugs or other issues, are there any with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-any-known-issues-with-win-11/8c6f18db-f412-455d-b310-02a7d63748d6
  4. Major Issue after Updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Issue after Updating to 20H2: I updated my PC by clicking on the pop-up that said restart now to update. Ever since then my Windows has not worked properly. The taskbar is unresponsive, and I cannot open any shortcuts on my desktop. I cannot open settings. I do not have any sound coming from either my...
  5. Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 version 21H1

in Windows 10 News
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 version 21H1: Current status as of May 18, 2021 Windows 10, version 21H1 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, versions 2004 and higher who manually seek to “Check for updates” via Windows Update. The recommended servicing status is Semi-Annual...
  6. Major FPS issues after updating to Windows 10 20H2.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major FPS issues after updating to Windows 10 20H2.: Before updating to windows 10 20H2, I had above 70 FPS on mostly all of the games I played but right after the update, I started to see major FPS drops. For instance; I had 70 FPS on a game before the update but right after the update, the exact same game tend to have only 50...
  7. Windows 10 version 20H2 update issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 20H2 update issue: When updating to windows 10 version 20H2 I am presented with a "What needs your attention" screen. Here I am told to manually uninstall 'VirtualBox'. However even after uninstalling this software and clicking 'Refresh' it continues to tell me to uninstall VirtualBox. I have...
  8. Windows 10 version 20H2 – Known Issues and Problems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 20H2 – Known Issues and Problems: [ATTACH]Windows 10, version 20H2, rollout has started in a phased manner. In this post, […] This article Windows 10 version 20H2 – Known Issues and Problems first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 version 20H2

in Windows 10 News
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 version 20H2: Current status as of October 20, 2020 Windows 10, version 20H2 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, versions 1903 and higher who manually seek to “Check for updates” via Windows Update. The recommended servicing status is Semi-Annual...
  10. Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 October 2020 Update 20H2

in Windows 10 News
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 October 2020 Update 20H2: Current status as of October 20, 2020 Windows 10, version 20H2 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, versions 1903 and higher who manually seek to “Check for updates” via Windows Update. The recommended servicing status is Semi-Annual...