Windows 10: Windows 10 version 20H2 update issue

Discus and support Windows 10 version 20H2 update issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When updating to windows 10 version 20H2 I am presented with a "What needs your attention" screen. Here I am told to manually uninstall 'VirtualBox'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mturner3, Feb 4, 2021.

1. mturner3 Win User

Windows 10 version 20H2 update issue

When updating to windows 10 version 20H2 I am presented with a "What needs your attention" screen. Here I am told to manually uninstall 'VirtualBox'. However even after uninstalling this software and clicking 'Refresh' it continues to tell me to uninstall VirtualBox. I have tried restarting my computer multiple times. I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling VirtualBox. I have even tried manually searching for and removing registry keys, as well as checking for tracing in the program files folders on my computer. As far as I am aware there is absolutely no trace of VirtualBox anywhere on my computer, but the Windows 10 Update continues to detect it and will not let me progress.

Windows 10 version 20H2 update issue [​IMG]

:)

mturner3, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Compumind Win User
    Compumind, Feb 4, 2021
  3. ddelo Win User
    ddelo, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Windows 10 version 20H2 update issue

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 version 20H2 update issue

1. Windows 10 version 20H2 update issue - Similar Threads - version 20H2 update

2. Windows 10 Feature Update issue - version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update issue - version 20H2: I have been trying to update my windows 10 for the past month, but am facing issues.In the settings it shows your windows has reached end of service.But I read about this on Microsoft site and it is possible to update the windows. So, I clicked Fix Issues in the settings, and...
  3. The Issue is regarding Windows 10 Update Version 20H2

The Issue is regarding Windows 10 Update Version 20H2: I'm Facing this Issue After Uninstalling VirtualBox and Refreshing it but Don't Know what to do.Please someone HELP ME regarding this Issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-issue-is-regarding-windows-10-update-version/83e30fd5-b64a-4b20-aba4-9c4cca58979f
  4. Updating windows 10 to version 20H2

Updating windows 10 to version 20H2: My installation constantly gets stuck at 61% I have tried restarting my computer but that hasn't worked any advice on what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-windows-10-to-version-20h2/9801bc0b-dc42-4a97-9afc-05a4d09e1f53
  5. Windows 10 Version 20H2 not updating

Windows 10 Version 20H2 not updating: I have tried to update to a newer version and get an error code Ox800700c1. Troubleshooter can't identify the problem. Have retried many times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-20h2-not-updating/042f5c5e-825e-47d9-b9c7-dcc30559d776
  6. windows 10 update version 20H2

windows 10 update version 20H2: Trying to install and download the newest windows 10 update and a message appears explaining I need to uninstall VirtualBox to continue Incompatibility with windows 10 . I don't even know what VirtualBox is, I've searched all my files and downloads and it doesn't show up...
  7. Windows 10, version 20H2 update

Windows 10, version 20H2 update: I've been trying to update windows and I keep getting the following image. I don't even have that app installed on my computer, any help? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-20h2-update/6f9cd57f-ae98-4b0a-adea-6359eba9ae3b
  8. Windows 10 version 20H2 Update

in Cortana
    Windows 10 version 20H2 Update: In this update search option stop working and no repair and troubleshoot method works on it. It has to start manually each time because after restart of system suspends. At a moment I am using "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" command to start the search option because when...
  9. Windows 10 Version 20H2 Update

Windows 10 Version 20H2 Update: Hey! I'm just running an update on my Asus x540 laptop and the status went from; Getting things ready, Installing and then back to getting things ready. The thing is I didn't catch the install go all the way to 100% and the Getting things ready" status is stuck at 99%....
  10. Windows 10 version 20H2 update

Windows 10 version 20H2 update: Hi, A few days back when I checked for updates in Windows Update, I was offered to download and install the Windows 10 version 20H2. Apparently, as soon as I clicked the "Download and install" option, it started checking for updates again and automatically the update...