Windows 10: Windows 10 Version 20H2 Upgrade Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Version 20H2 Upgrade Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I decided to install the 20H2 upgrade on my 2 PCs this morning. Both were running version 2004. All went fine on my laptop, but I'm left with a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nikki605, Nov 15, 2020.

1. nikki605 Win User

Windows 10 Version 20H2 Upgrade Problem

I decided to install the 20H2 upgrade on my 2 PCs this morning. Both were running version 2004. All went fine on my laptop, but I'm left with a problem on my desktop PC.

The upgrade appeared to complete normally as shown in the specs (see screenshot) however I was left with another problem. When I go to Start --> Power, I see two additional options - "Update and shut down" and "Update and restart." I have tried both but neither correct the problem. Also, if I try to check for Windows Updates, the window just sits in an endless loop and never completes. Other than this problem, the PC seems to functions normally.

Any idea how to fix this?

:)

nikki605, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 15, 2020
  3. OldNavyGuy, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Version 20H2 Upgrade Problem - Similar Threads - Version 20H2 Upgrade

2. Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2: There are some issues that I have faced since I forced shutdown during a windows update during crash. 1. Start times, slow start 12 minutes. 2. The search bar does not work troubleshooting did not help 3. Windows update error 0x80080005 that does not allow me to update to the...
  3. Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2: There are some issues that I have faced since I forced shutdown during a windows update during crash. 1. Start times, slow start 12 minutes. 2. The search bar does not work troubleshooting did not help 3. Windows update error 0x80080005 that does not allow me to update to the...
  4. Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading to most recent version of windows 10 20H2

Upgrading to most recent version of windows 10 20H2: Hello,I get reminders to upgrade to Windows 10 newest version 20H2. I go through the process and it says 'This PC can't run Windows 10. We couldn't update the system reserved partition.' I clicked on more information. Maybe it has to do with me system requirements? I have a...
  6. Minimum Version of Windows 10 to upgrade 20H2

Minimum Version of Windows 10 to upgrade 20H2: Hello.I'm SCCM technician and in our client we have Windows clients and we have W10 Pro and Enterprise since 1507 version to 20h2 and i'm looking for what minimum version of Windows 10 it's necessary to upgrade to 20H2.Thanks all!!...
  7. Problem upgrading to Windows 20H2

Problem upgrading to Windows 20H2: My PC is still running on Windows 10 pro Version 1803 which reaches end of service on 11/5. When trying to download the latest version I get a notice asking me to manually uninstall Avira Antivirus 2018. I do not have this installed in my apps but have tried to install the...
  8. Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.

Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.: I am using the laptop Asus Pentium Quad Core. I was updating the windows 10 version 20h2 according to the notification on the taskbar. When I started updating for the first time it showed failed to update. Second time I showed error 0x8007042. then I went to troubleshoot the...
  9. Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version

Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version: hi guys I have upgraded my windows 10 home version to 20H2 for free Bought new version of 20H2 enterprise but if i Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version do i lose my software and apps and files on my previous 20H2? Thanks...
  10. Problems with upgrading to Windows 10 20H2

Problems with upgrading to Windows 10 20H2: For several months, I have been having trouble updating my laptop to Windows 10 20H2 I am currently on Windows 10 1909. What happens is that when I let the update start, it will start updating normally, no problem. I have enough space on my computer's hard drive. Then once...