Windows 10: Windows 10 version downgrade/upgrade with existing keys between to PCs

Discus and support Windows 10 version downgrade/upgrade with existing keys between to PCs in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have two windows products installed on my laptops. One has Win 10 Pro and another Win 10 Home versions. Both laptops have genuine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Konstantin_Moro, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 version downgrade/upgrade with existing keys between to PCs

Hi guys,

I have two windows products installed on my laptops. One has Win 10 Pro and another Win 10 Home versions.

Both laptops have genuine licences but I need to upgrade more powerful one with Pro version installed on the laptop with basic hardware.

Is it okay to swap the licence keys from one to another downgrading from Pro version to home on one computer and upgrading another with Pro version.

Thanks in advance

Regards

:)

Konstantin_Moro, Jan 21, 2019
  2. karel Win User

Downgrading from a pirated Windows OS

You've already mangled your existing operating system by upgrading to a pirated version of Windows 10. Use your Windows 8.1 disk to do a new installation of your original Windows 8.1 operating system. If you have saved the product key from your original Windows 8.1 operating system, then use that product key again to install Windows 8.1.

You can downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8, by following the instructions in the answers to this question: How can I downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8?. Why not downgrade the pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8 instead and then change the product key and upgrade legally back to Windows 10? There are two reasons for not doing it this way:

1. Your new Windows 10 can inherit problems from the pirated version of Windows 10.
    2. It's a two-step process to install Windows 8.1 and upgrade to Windows 10 instead of a four-step cumulative history: Windows 8.1 -> pirated Windows 10 -> downgrade pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 -> upgrade to Windows 10. Even though the two-step method doesn't save any time, it still eliminates two unnecessary steps.

karel, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 version downgrade/upgrade with existing keys between to PCs

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 version downgrade/upgrade with existing keys between to PCs

1. Windows 10 version downgrade/upgrade with existing keys between to PCs - Similar Threads - version downgrade upgrade

2. Downgrade/Upgrade to a Stable version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade/Upgrade to a Stable version?: Hello, I am having Windows 11 Insider Build version installed on my PC I installed it the moment it got released to public because I was impatient and i am liking it but there is a problem… I can’t use some programs because they require a stable version of Windows 10 or 11....
  3. Downgrade/Upgrade to a Stable version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade/Upgrade to a Stable version?: Hello, I am having Windows 11 Insider Build version installed on my PC I installed it the moment it got released to public because I was impatient and i am liking it but there is a problem… I can’t use some programs because they require a stable version of Windows 10 or 11....
  4. Downgrade Windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Downgrade Windows 10 version: I upgraded my HP 215 G1 laptop to windows 10 pro version 21H1, and since then my battery won't charge. I probably reset my laptop a few times after that so the option to uninstall this update is gone. Could someone please help me uninstall this update....
  5. Downgrade Windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade Windows 10 version: Hey, so I've been having a lot of problems since the 21H1 update, I had to reinstall windows the hdd corrupted so I installed via media creation tool because of it and now it's given me another 2 problems with my monitor and xbox wireless adapter, but since I installed the...
  6. Downgraded Windows 10 Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgraded Windows 10 Version: I had windows 10 license years ago and in my microsoft account also showing that I have windows 10 pro. But why do i I only have windows 10 home in my desktop? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Swapping Windows 10 Versions between 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping Windows 10 Versions between 2 PCs: SCENARIO: I have a PC that I am going to retire. It has Windows 10 Pro. The new PC that I am buying comes with Windows 10 Home. ASK: I would like to put Windows 10 Pro on my new PC and Windows 10 Home on the old PC. Swap the Windows 10 versions. QUESTION: How can I do...
  8. File sharing between Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing between Windows 10 PCs: Used to be able to share files between a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 7 PC, but it doesn't work now that I upgraded the Windows 7 to Windows 10. Tried to share the Users folder with Everybody, but got a message that the files could not be shared. How do I fix?...
  9. Downgrade Windows 10 Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade Windows 10 Version: A friend of mine gave me a code he said was for Windows 10 Pro, he purchased it from E-Bay. It turned out to be a Windows 10 Enterprise key that is inauthentic, I cannot activate windows with it. Is it possible for me to downgrade/revert back to my normal Windows 10 Home...
  10. File sharing between Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing between Windows 10 PCs: Once again a Windows 10 update has shut down our private network file sharing on my wife's and my two Windows 10 computers. This happens every time there is a large update, but I don't remember the fix. We both keep some accounting files on each of our two office computers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 upgrade and downgrade keys