Windows 10: Windows 10 version missing info in the settings menu / winver

Discus and support Windows 10 version missing info in the settings menu / winver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, i noticed since a week, the version disappears from the settings menu and winver.exe It should show 2004 in regedit, the info is correctly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Christian_S., Aug 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 version missing info in the settings menu / winver

Hello,

i noticed since a week, the version disappears from the settings menu and winver.exe

It should show 2004 in regedit, the info is correctly listed as ReleaseID

someone have an idea for this issue?

Windows 10 version missing info in the settings menu / winver 3e22870e-097a-4a5d-a5e8-f1b862787594?upload=true.png

Windows 10 version missing info in the settings menu / winver 17102a17-1af4-4d82-86fc-763851898f53?upload=true.png

:)

Christian_S., Aug 15, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 version missing info in the settings menu / winver

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 version missing info in the settings menu / winver

1. Windows 10 version missing info in the settings menu / winver - Similar Threads - version missing info

2. Windows 10 Settings menu empty except searchbar and info about account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Settings menu empty except searchbar and info about account: My Windows 10 settings are basically blank. I tried many solutions which went as far as resetting windows, which shortly resolved the error but didnt help in the long run but I just cant seem to figure it out....
  3. Windows 10 Winver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Winver: Hello, can someone please make a copy of their Winver folder and upload it to some downloader website and send me a link.I am looking for the Windows 10 Winver and I saw tutorials on how to change the logo and everything, but it is too complicated for me.Please help, thanks :...
  4. Windows 10 Winver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Winver: Hello, can someone please make a copy of their Winver folder and upload it to some downloader website and send me a link.I am looking for the Windows 10 Winver and I saw tutorials on how to change the logo and everything, but it is too complicated for me.Please help, thanks :...
  5. WinVer?????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinVer?????????: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10.This is about the version, of Windows.That, I'm running. Right now.I checked with, Windows Update.And it says, everything is "OK"But I don't believe, it is?And this, is proof of it:What is the latest version of Windows?Latest...
  6. WinVer?????????

WinVer?????????: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10.This is about the version, of Windows.That, I'm running. Right now.I checked with, Windows Update.And it says, everything is "OK"But I don't believe, it is?And this, is proof of it:What is the latest version of Windows?Latest...
  7. Winver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Winver: I am having activation problems. I just ran 'Winver', and got a small window which shows'user name'at the bottom. How should I connect this laptop to my MS user account, and will this help my activation problem?...
  8. Winver

Winver: I am having activation problems. I just ran 'Winver', and got a small window which shows'user name'at the bottom. How should I connect this laptop to my MS user account, and will this help my activation problem?...
  9. Winver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Winver: Hi, I upgraded 3 PC's to 2004 19041.264. When I go to Winver, 2 of them say (C) 2019 Microsoft Corporation and 1 of them says (C) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. I'm not bothered about fixing it. I just find it weird considering 2004 was released in 2020. All 3 PC's were...
  10. WinVer

in Windows 10 Support
    WinVer: What is the new WinVer I am not sure mine is right Thanks [img] 50139