Windows 10: Windows 10 version upgrades + RAID

Discus and support Windows 10 version upgrades + RAID in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I stop Windows 10 Creators Upgrade versions from breaking my BIOS level RAID 1 setup? I have 3 computers setup this way. They all have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WayneNault, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 version upgrades + RAID

How do I stop Windows 10 Creators Upgrade versions from breaking my BIOS level RAID 1 setup?

I have 3 computers setup this way. They all have different hardware.

:)

WayneNault, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 version upgrades + RAID

Need specifics on RAID 10

step 1) purchase a raid card that does raid 10 and has 4x mini sas. you will want at least 1024 ram on that chip.
    step 2) purchase 16 2 TB enterprise class constellation drives
    step 3) purchase another whole rig to do the same thing
    step 4) setup rsync to copy all of the changed data from server 1 to server 2
    step 5) buy 2 800 watt BBU (1 for each)

there.

Easy Rhino, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 version upgrades + RAID

1. Windows 10 version upgrades + RAID - Similar Threads - version upgrades RAID

2. upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11: I have Windows Pro 10 installed on Raid 1. Can I upgrade to Windows 11? What happens then to the raid array? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-raid-1-windows-10-to-windows-11/acb04082-5647-43bd-a81c-d36e99b46197
  3. upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11: I have Windows Pro 10 installed on Raid 1. Can I upgrade to Windows 11? What happens then to the raid array? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-raid-1-windows-10-to-windows-11/acb04082-5647-43bd-a81c-d36e99b46197
  4. upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading versions of Windows 10

Upgrading versions of Windows 10: I recently inherited my sisters desktop pc when she passed away. I wanted to make sure all of her personal information was off the pc so I did a windows reset. Now I'm trying to reinstall games and programs that was on the pc and now it tells me that I'm running windows...
  6. raid windows 10

raid windows 10: Does windows 10 Pro raid setup process require a new blank hard drive to mate with the existing drive/os? How should I prep another old drive the same size as the existing to use?...
  7. upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1

upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1: I have a Dell precision T3600 with RAID 1 configuration running Windows 7 Professional that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. My goal is to upgrade without loosing functionality. So, I have some questions. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 in the RAID 1 configuration following a...
  8. Upgrading Windows 10 Motherboard without affecting the Raid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 10 Motherboard without affecting the Raid: I currently have a small media server like setup using some old computer parts of mine, with Windows 10 Prof OEM setup on a SSD and 2 x 2Tb storage HDDs, which are partitioned to allow for a 500Gb software raid 1 per HDD (for redundancy) and the rest setup as software raid 0...
  9. upgrade version windows 10

upgrade version windows 10: hello, how can i make latest upgrade for windows 10 ? i think with use disk or usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-version-windows-10/19004624-abb3-4fe1-8dd5-c3418b741108
  10. Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid: Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've added a hard drive to my system to enable raid 1 via windows 10 Pro (not hardware raid). my main drive has 4 partitions which were set up when I installed windows 8.1. I have since upgraded to 10 pro. I assume these partitions...