Windows 10: windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades

Discus and support windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In the last few days my pc has become very slow. Several restarts, all take a long time. Very occasionally bursts into life. Today did latest update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by geoffrey.price, Nov 28, 2018.

1. windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades

In the last few days my pc has become very slow. Several restarts, all take a long time. Very occasionally bursts into life. Today did latest update, seemed to improve, now as bad as ever. Advice please

:)

geoffrey.price, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades

1. windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades - Similar Threads - very slow before

2. Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow.: Hello,A few days ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my desktop. And the HDD, even though it's not downright slow 64 MB Cache, 7200 rpm - specifications here, it doesn't make it at all.When turned on, it takes about half a minute for the login screen to appear. And even after...
  3. Dell Inspiron N5050 wifi very slow after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron N5050 wifi very slow after upgrading to windows 10: Hi, I have a Dell N5050 laptop which had windows 7, recently I ugraded to windows 10 but unfortunately there is no necessary drivers available for this model for windows 10. Once my windows was upgraded, my wifi speed dropped from 90mbps to 200kbps. LAN connection still...
  4. Windows 10 very very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 very very slow: Hi I have an HP Spectre x360 wxith an Intel Core i7-7500U, 2,7 GHz, 16Go RAM and a 2TB hard drive 1.45To free. Since one week my PC is very very slow. I'm using Kaspersky Total Security without any alert. I'm also using MalwareByte without also any alert I run...
  5. BSOD before and after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD before and after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello, I had a lot of BSOD when I had Windows 7. I thought after I upgrade to Windows 10 the problem will be solved but still after upgrading it happened on day 1 and now it happen a lot one day it crushed 3 times, one time after another whenever i write my password to...
  6. Very slow internet after upgrade to 64bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very slow internet after upgrade to 64bit: Hi, I just upgraded from Win 10 32 to Win 10 64 bit and my internet connection is very slow, about 20/30 kb/s. It was a fresh install, deleted everything and reinstalled from scratch. I have looked on the forums and cant find a solution that works, I've checked the network...
  7. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10: Can anybody solve this one? After upgrading to Ten, my Internet speed plunged from 18 MBPS down to barely over 1 MBPS. It's specific to Windows 10, and here's I know: I reverted back to Windows 8.1 and my net speed returned to normal. A week later, I upgraded to Ten again...
  8. RDP connections very slow after Windows 10 upgrade

RDP connections very slow after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi, After upgrading my Surface Pro 3 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my RDP connections became very slow. Everything else is perfect (surfing the web, downloading etc.). Only the RDP connections have lots of delay (almost a second when typing). I've checked the...
  9. Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7: I did the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 couple days back via the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant downloaded from the Microsoft Window 10 upgrade site. After the upgrade, my boot up time has dramatically increased, whether it be from a cold start or from a restart. It...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on my W7 laptop. The install went well, no problems to report. Since then my broadband speed has suffered badly. I've just tested the speed - the download speed is 1.6mbps and upload speed 0.29mbps. It's not just my laptop suffering,...