Windows 10: Windows 10 very slow, can't do anything with it.

Discus and support Windows 10 very slow, can't do anything with it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So had Windows 10 on my HP Envy for a good couple years now. It's up to date, 1TB hard drive, 12gb ram, working fine. Switched it on yesterday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexCoady1, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 very slow, can't do anything with it.

So had Windows 10 on my HP Envy for a good couple years now.

It's up to date, 1TB hard drive, 12gb ram, working fine.

Switched it on yesterday and took 3 hours to start. Over an hour to get to log on screen.. Almost same amount to get to enter password screen. Further 45 mins to get desktop half loaded up.

Checked task manager (which took another hour to start) and other than 100% disk use seems fine. No memory leaks from explorer or programs. No extra exe files pointing to viruses.

However when I initially tried opening settings from start menu (which took 45 minutes) I got multiple errors with a Red box with white cross about "Unable to parse process"

So I've analysed the system some more. Says no audio devices installed and for the taskbar icon loads the speaker with the red circle white cross saying nothing installed. Wait an hour and I get sound from speakers but that doesn't change.

Checking task manager some more, and there are no startup entries or items. Somethings knocked them out which would explain audio not loading and slow boot in my opinion.

Opening services shows something weird tho. They are all unchanged and set to run or running from startup as normal.

Also almost impossible to copy files. A 15gb folder I have a project on normally takes a minute to tally up files and then subsequent 15min to copy with usb 3.0 to an external HDD. It's been over half an hour to count the files so far and not finished as I write this.

Sfc scan now throws an error about unable to do so. Refresh PC has an error and no effect. Fast startup is disabled so not affecting it.

Genuinely stuck for answersand solutions now other than clearly it's startup program related?

:)

AlexCoady1, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 very slow, can't do anything with it.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 very slow, can't do anything with it.

1. Windows 10 very slow, can't do anything with it. - Similar Threads - very slow can't

2. Windows 10 Very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Very slow: After the new windows 10 update,My laptop started to ran very slow and sometimes take 1 hour at least to be normal and even worse i had to force shut dowb the laptop by pressing the power button.Almost every game i lost huge fps and sometimes my laptop freeze.I've do fresh...
  3. Can't do anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't do anything: I can't open any program. I can't open Powershell. Can't search anything in the start menu Settings not working. It's been 2 hours and I can't fuckin do anything on my Computer. If any of you have a solution please tell me, I am having a really hard time. submitted by...
  4. Windows 10 very slow

Windows 10 very slow: Hi community, I have an laptop Asus A540UB-DM859 with i3 7020U 2,3ghz dual core, 4gb ram, 1 tb hdd, and nvidia mx110 2gb and it works very very slow in windows 10 meaning 10 fps in with no program started, and it games works good, meaning 100 fps in games like lol, but i get...
  5. Windows 10 is very slow

Windows 10 is very slow: Split from this thread. Sir windows10 is very slow what is the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-very-slow/30c94aa8-a499-4b74-a791-b17cb969da10
  6. windows 10 very slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 very slow: hello this is aadijain_3 i am a user of windows 10 but i m not very satisfied. it has very slow login speed and when the home window opens the windows hangs for atleast 5 minutes with no response. i performed everything ran an sfc scan deleted all the unnecessary apps...
  7. Windows 10 very slow

Windows 10 very slow: Hello, I have a pretty decent computer from the mid 2010's....I think it is still very capable as i am only ever gonna use it for meetings on Microsoft Teams....I brought a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Pro from Amazon....I am very disappointed due to its...
  8. Windows 10 very very slow

Windows 10 very very slow: Hi I have an HP Spectre x360 wxith an Intel Core i7-7500U, 2,7 GHz, 16Go RAM and a 2TB hard drive 1.45To free. Since one week my PC is very very slow. I'm using Kaspersky Total Security without any alert. I'm also using MalwareByte without also any alert I run...
  9. Very very slow win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very very slow win 10: My Desktop taking too much time to open. Even after opening a circle keeps spining and does not alow to open any thing. Clicking PC icon takes too much time to show all the partition and drives. Even right click context menu takes time. Adobe DC is installed but pdf files...
  10. Can't do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't do anything: There was an update from windows that wasn't installing and keeps on failling. Yesterday, I while I tried one more time to install the update. I opened HP support to check for any HP related update. While search, a command promt programme opened and started giving out lines...