Windows 10: Windows 10 very slow down to boot and start up loading

Discus and support Windows 10 very slow down to boot and start up loading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 device is very slow to boot and even the login page appears after few minutes of the power on. This was not the case earlier, not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by krishna1310, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 very slow down to boot and start up loading

My windows 10 device is very slow to boot and even the login page appears after few minutes of the power on. This was not the case earlier, not sure this happened due to the latest update. The startup app also taking lot of time to appear first time. Please help me solve the issue.

Regards

Krishna Prasad

:)

krishna1310, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 19, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

To add to what @Drone said, W10 still does not seem to like power-saving features in BIOS, and doesn't seem to like the "fast start" option in Windows, which ironically makes it faster without that option.

rtwjunkie, Jan 19, 2019
  4. scevism Win User

Windows 10 very slow down to boot and start up loading

windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Windows 10 very slow down to boot and start up loading :mad:

scevism, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 very slow down to boot and start up loading

1. Windows 10 very slow down to boot and start up loading - Similar Threads - very slow down

2. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow Win 10 boot up: I am runing Win 10, my PC is 6 yrs old, but now it takes 4 minutes to boot up before I get my log in screen. Does anyone know how I can speed up this process, other than buying a new PC....
  3. Very slow boot up

Very slow boot up: Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to its latest version, but after I updated it, my pc began to boot up so very slow. It would take up to less than an hour or 30 mins. I already tried doing what I had read in this article...
  4. Very slow start up

Very slow start up: I installed Microsoft Teams but couldn't get going with it so uninstalled it. Now, when I power up it takes 10 minutes with the CPU light permanently on and a message saying re-enter my login details. Clicking ok does nothing but CtrlAltDel eventually releases the screen...
  5. Very slow start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very slow start up: I installed Microsoft Teams but couldn't get going with it so uninstalled it. Now, when I power up it takes 10 minutes with the CPU light permanently on and a message saying re-enter my login details. Clicking ok does nothing but CtrlAltDel eventually releases the screen...
  6. Laptop very slow to load up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop very slow to load up: I have a Sony Vaio l/top about 1 year old, my problem is its taking about 5 mins to boot up then the task bar on the bottom takes another min before i can use it ,i have removed nearly all my apps and i have a screen shot of start up programs which is not many,also i have...
  7. A very slow start-up

A very slow start-up: Hi, The booting is long(more than 5 Minuit) and resetting Windows didn't correct the problem. I appreciate if someone could help me. With my best regards. Shams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-very-slow-start-up/e7dea95b-2283-479c-b75e-888ca2a24800
  8. Very slow start up

Very slow start up: Could some please check this and see if there is anything I can uncheck that will help speedup bootup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-start-up/127f2e9a-8e6f-4748-b93f-9e36a3ced0af
  9. Very slow boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot up: For a couple of months now my computer has been booting up very slowly, and by this i mean 2 to 5 min. I have spent much of the time since this started researching what is causing it. I cant seem to find anyone else who has the same problem as most people crash where as i...
  10. Very slow start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very slow start up: Hi, my laptop is really slow to start up yet the system shows plenty of memory available. I've cleared temp files. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-start-up/6fedcb5c-0020-4648-bff7-5c876ea79f8b