Windows 10: Windows 10, very slow download of updates

Discus and support Windows 10, very slow download of updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Pro and have a big problem with extremely slow download of updates. My internet connection speed is >20Mbps (I can normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Drago Lackovic, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10, very slow download of updates

I'm using Windows 10 Pro and have a big problem with extremely slow download of updates.

My internet connection speed is >20Mbps (I can normally download files from microsoft.com with full 20Mbps)
    After getting new updates, they start OK, downloading with full 20Mbps for few minutes and then suddenly drop to 0-100kbps with a lot of updates still not downloaded completely (seemingly stuck at various download percentages). Eventually they get downloaded (sometimes after few days!) and update installation is running normally (very quick).

Troubleshot -> Windows Update shows no problems.
    Restart doesn't fix this behavior either.
    Internet connection is not a problem since during this period of slow update downloads I can normally download files from microsoft.com with full 20Mbps.

How to fix this???

:)

Drago Lackovic, Dec 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Dec 11, 2018
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10, very slow download of updates

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10, very slow download of updates

1. Windows 10, very slow download of updates - Similar Threads - very slow download

2. Windows 10,11, very slow download of windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10,11, very slow download of windows updates: windows update seems to be downloaded at a very slow pace even though my internet gives 25mbps average https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1011-very-slow-download-of-windows-updates/2123a7b8-0eb9-4112-bb06-e42d85b0842e
  3. Windows 10,11, very slow download of windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10,11, very slow download of windows updates: windows update seems to be downloaded at a very slow pace even though my internet gives 25mbps average https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1011-very-slow-download-of-windows-updates/2123a7b8-0eb9-4112-bb06-e42d85b0842e
  4. Very slow download speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow download speeds: Since a week, I have been getting very slow file download speeds. I test my internet on speedtest.net once every day or two, I always get below 10ms and my download and upload speeds are 150+ mbps. However around 75% of the time when I am downloading something, it takes a lot...
  5. UPDATE WIN 10 VERSION 2004 VERY SLOW TO DOWNLOAD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATE WIN 10 VERSION 2004 VERY SLOW TO DOWNLOAD: I have an old computer and nervous it is taking many hours to download version 2004. Can i simply close out and wait until all fixes are in? I am reading there are issues. It is now on 94%. I am afraid of getting the dreaded black screen that i used to get -...
  6. Windows 10 pro: Very slow download

Windows 10 pro: Very slow download: Since the past update, internet speeds are really slow. Whats the issue and how can I resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-very-slow-download/ecd9d3fe-1a5b-4744-8177-1934215e91d3
  7. Very slow download speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very slow download speed: Good evening, I have just purchased a new PC with windows 10. For some reason whatever I try to download will not go above 5mbps, although I have 45mbps. I have made sure PC is up to date and all drivers are current but still no joy. I ran a speed test and it gives me 45mbps...
  8. windows 10 updates very slow

windows 10 updates very slow: windows 10 updates very slow all the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-very-slow/8b880a5b-75db-40f1-8771-0c1f0eb95891
  9. very slow download speeds in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    very slow download speeds in windows 10: hello guys.. someone please find a way to fix the slow download speeds in windows 10..after i updated to windows 10 my download speed ended from 10mbps to 25kbps....... And i found that the download speed is not altered for google servers like youtube,google drive.... all...
  10. Windows 10 Download - Very Slow!

Windows 10 Download - Very Slow!: I've used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool x64 to effect a Win 10 download. The download is painfully slow. What's up with that? 27783

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update slow downloading

2. windows 10 update very slow download

3. windows 10 downloading updates slow

4. windows 10 download update very slow,
  5. windows 10 updates are slow to download,
  6. windows 10 slow downloading udates,
  7. windows 10 update downloading very slow,
  8. windows update donwload are so slow,
  9. download speed extremely slow windows update,
  10. windows update download is slow,
  11. download windows updates slow,