Windows 10: windows 10 very slow in opening programs

Discus and support windows 10 very slow in opening programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; These are my system specifications Intel core i5-7200u 2.5ghz 4 gb ram Windows 10 Home Windows is very slow at opening programs (such as Chrome,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by marykhoo, Jan 15, 2019.

1. marykhoo Win User

windows 10 very slow in opening programs

These are my system specifications

Intel core i5-7200u 2.5ghz

4 gb ram

Windows 10 Home

Windows is very slow at opening programs (such as Chrome, Firefox etc) when intially starting up. It can take up to 30 minutes just to open the Chrome application.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

:)

marykhoo, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Vee39 Win User

Constant freezing, slow to open programs and files.

The title says it all. Constant freezing and slow to open programs - I'm talking about minutes not seconds. I have anti-virus and malware software working. Recently, downloaded latest Windows 10 update. Now it seems worse. But it was bad before that. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Vee39, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 very slow in opening programs - Similar Threads - very slow opening

2. Apps and programs are very slow to open and screen freezes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps and programs are very slow to open and screen freezes.: Apps and programs take forever to open and my screen freezes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-programs-are-very-slow-to-open-and-screen/a34eb302-98e1-4cd9-9e52-c3f2a1667898
  3. Apps and programs are very slow to open and screen freezes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and programs are very slow to open and screen freezes.: Apps and programs take forever to open and my screen freezes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-programs-are-very-slow-to-open-and-screen/a34eb302-98e1-4cd9-9e52-c3f2a1667898
  4. installating programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installating programs is very slow: hello,I recently have problems with my PCeverything worked fine except 2 days ago I notice that installing programs are very slow althrough I use an pcie 4.0 ssdalso games freezes after a few secondswhat I tried was:update my graphics cardreinstalling windows 11did memory...
  5. installating programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installating programs is very slow: hello,I recently have problems with my PCeverything worked fine except 2 days ago I notice that installing programs are very slow althrough I use an pcie 4.0 ssdalso games freezes after a few secondswhat I tried was:update my graphics cardreinstalling windows 11did memory...
  6. Uninstall of a program on Window 10 is not possible or very slow.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall of a program on Window 10 is not possible or very slow.: Hello,I have DesignBuilder on my laptop and regularly I need to uninstall t in order to install a newer version. However, when I am trying to uninstall it now, it is very slow or impossible. As it is shown in the snapshot below, it is 66525 minutes left!...
  7. Programs start very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs start very slow: I have weird problem with my windows 10 computer and I don't know what to try anymore. I recently upgraded my system, I have RTX2080, i9-9900ks, m2.ssd, corsair 1000w psu, G.skill DDR4 32gb, so components are good. All worked like a dream about a month, but now my computer...
  8. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  9. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  10. Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!!: Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!! Do NOT tell me to do a Safe boot and run SFC.... that is a useless and lazy response from Microsoft!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. programs slow to open in windows 10

2. very slow opening of applications and prgrames in window 10

3. applications are opening slowly in windows

4. programs opening slowly windows 10,
  5. programs opening slowly in windows 10,
  6. program slow opening,
  7. windows 10 slow to open program,
  8. windows 10 programs slow to open,
  9. programms very slow opening windows 10,
  10. my computer is opening programs very slow,
  11. pc opening programs slow,