Windows 10: Windows 10 very slow

Discus and support Windows 10 very slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a pretty decent computer from the mid 2010's....I think it is still very capable as i am only ever gonna use it for meetings on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vennelaganti, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 very slow

Hello,

I have a pretty decent computer from the mid 2010's....I think it is still very capable as i am only ever gonna use it for meetings on Microsoft Teams....I brought a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Pro from Amazon....I am very disappointed due to its performance.....It's just way too slow....Even the User Interface is way too slow and I don't wanna know that my investment on a legit copy of Windows 10 has gone in vain.....I purchased the copy after reading the minimum requirements....My computer truly outperforms what is required...Yet I have this problem....

I've tried all the common fixes,

1. Turned off all Visual Effects

2. Disabled all Startup applicationsIncluding Microsoft Onedrive

3. Turned off Search Indexing

4. Disabled Transparency

5. Set my WiFi Connection as metered

6. Cleaned up my HDDDisk Cleanup

7. Removed all Bloatware and unnecessary applications

8. Defragmented my HDD

9. Ran Troubleshooters

10. Reduced Boot Menu Time-out

11. Turned off Tips from Windows

12. Power Plan set to High Performance

13. Occasionally Restarted my PC

14. Cleared all cache and temporary files

Since I couldn't solve it on my own, I turn to this vast helpful community for a solution

The Specs:

Motherboard- GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L

Processor- IntelR CoreTM 2 Duo E7400 @2.8GHz

Graphics ProcessorPCIe- Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 1GB Onboard- Intel G31/G33 Express Chipset

RAM- 4GB DDR2 800MHz

Storage- 2TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM HDD

Windows 10 Pro x64bit

Thanks in advance!!

:)

Vennelaganti, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 very slow

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 very slow

1. Windows 10 very slow - Similar Threads - very slow

2. Very slow internet access for one of my computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow internet access for one of my computers: My computer is running Windows 10 Pro but can't seem to get a stable access to the internet. Most times I get a "can't reach the internet" type of response after it times out. Other times it eventually connects.Pings within my network vary from 2ms to several thousand ms,...
  3. Very slow internet access for one of my computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow internet access for one of my computers: My computer is running Windows 10 Pro but can't seem to get a stable access to the internet. Most times I get a "can't reach the internet" type of response after it times out. Other times it eventually connects.Pings within my network vary from 2ms to several thousand ms,...
  4. Very slow internet access for one of my computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mega slow USB speed in normal Windows 10 mode, but very good in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mega slow USB speed in normal Windows 10 mode, but very good in Safe mode: Hello I need help.I have very slow speed with any USB flash memory and very good speed if it is external HDD.If I boot to Safe mode the speed of the same USB flash memory is perfect!Here are the screenshoots to compare:Normal mode:Safe mode:...
  6. Mega slow USB speed in normal Windows 10 mode, but very good in Safe mode

Mega slow USB speed in normal Windows 10 mode, but very good in Safe mode: Hello I need help.I have very slow speed with any USB flash memory and very good speed if it is external HDD.If I boot to Safe mode the speed of the same USB flash memory is perfect!Here are the screenshoots to compare:Normal mode:Safe mode:...
  7. Mega slow USB speed in normal Windows 10 mode, but very good in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. New Pc is reading **** active time 100%, crashes, and is very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Pc is reading **** active time 100%, crashes, and is very slow.: At first it was a constant 100%, I have turned sysmain off and have followed steps from multiple sources like turning startup programs off running sfc and ive recovered my pc. Sometimes its 100% on **** c and starts to use my disk d, now it hits 100 and drops but it happens a...
  9. New Pc is reading **** active time 100%, crashes, and is very slow.

New Pc is reading **** active time 100%, crashes, and is very slow.: At first it was a constant 100%, I have turned sysmain off and have followed steps from multiple sources like turning startup programs off running sfc and ive recovered my pc. Sometimes its 100% on **** c and starts to use my disk d, now it hits 100 and drops but it happens a...
  10. Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...

Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...: Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on slow IO devicesi.e. network drive.It shows nothing including fast physical drives until the IO device containing recent file/dirs responds.It should display only items from slow devices later,...