Windows 10: Windows 10 very unstable/unusable after hard factory reset

Discus and support Windows 10 very unstable/unusable after hard factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have having a few minor issues with my laptop so I decided to reinstall windows and clear the drive. However, once Windows got reinstalled my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arhan Kenavdekar, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 very unstable/unusable after hard factory reset

I have having a few minor issues with my laptop so I decided to reinstall windows and clear the drive. However, once Windows got reinstalled my problems increased. My boot time went from 15 seconds to around a minute. Apps take way too long to open and stop responding after a few minutes of opening them. Right clicking anything for details took 10 seconds to display the actions. Even the start menu, which opened up instantly after I pressed the windows key takes an eternity to open up now. Shutting down takes a very long time as well. The computer is overall very unstable and is hardly usable.

PS - verified integrity of windows with sfc/scannow and found no errors

CPU - i5 8250u

RAM - 8gb DDR4

Any help is appreciated

:)

Arhan Kenavdekar, Dec 20, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 20, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Dec 20, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 very unstable/unusable after hard factory reset

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 very unstable/unusable after hard factory reset

1. Windows 10 very unstable/unusable after hard factory reset - Similar Threads - very unstable unusable

2. Windows 11 very unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 very unstable: I have just allowed most of our machines and users to upgrade to windows 11.I have pushed the windows 11 update to my particular machine. I keep getting really buggy operation.From taskbar freezing and delays, to printer driver issues.One of the most annoying ones, is trying...
  3. Windows 11 very unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 very unstable: I have just allowed most of our machines and users to upgrade to windows 11.I have pushed the windows 11 update to my particular machine. I keep getting really buggy operation.From taskbar freezing and delays, to printer driver issues.One of the most annoying ones, is trying...
  4. the very unstable windows that everyone ignores

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the very unstable windows that everyone ignores: i leave with three PC's on, one is connected to one with RDPI come back and one is at a black screen that says because of a protocol errorreconnect to RDP and it connects as if nothing happened, unstable but ignore it, who cares RDP works for you so obviously it works...
  5. the very unstable windows that everyone ignores

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the very unstable windows that everyone ignores: i leave with three PC's on, one is connected to one with RDPI come back and one is at a black screen that says because of a protocol errorreconnect to RDP and it connects as if nothing happened, unstable but ignore it, who cares RDP works for you so obviously it works...
  6. Wifi very slow after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi very slow after factory reset: I completely reset my laptop cuz it got very slow for some reason and after the reset it got even worse I literally tried everything including resetting again also I know the wifi itself isn't bad because my phone works fine in the same spot...
  7. Hp hard factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp hard factory reset: My hp will not let me hard reset to factory mode. Even turning on legacy mode doesnt help. Help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-hard-factory-reset/f57f99af-02b5-41f7-9db4-37ed87e7c080
  8. WiFi connection very unstable.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection very unstable.: Hi, I have an HP 250 G3 laptop running with Windows 10. The problem is with the wifi connection, it falls out too often, every five minuts more or less. I uninstalled the WiFi adapter and installed it again several times already, and it's updated too. Can anybody help,...
  9. The font "segoe script" is gone/unusable in Windows 10 Mobile after factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    The font "segoe script" is gone/unusable in Windows 10 Mobile after factory reset: I have an App that properly showed the font "segoe script" on Windows 10 on the following devices: Lumi950XL, Lumia 930 and PC. The I did a facory reset on the Lumia 950 XL and now the font seems to be gone because the app does not show it anymore. As far as I know "segoe...
  10. Hard Disk Unusable/Unallocated after Reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Unusable/Unallocated after Reinstall Windows 10: Hi all, I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 and format my C: drive. To do this, I used this guide. All went well, I created a bootable USB-stick with the Windows installer on it. Unfortunately, I forgot to disconnect any devices and/or drives before installing. This caused...