Windows 10: Windows 10 via USB mobile tethering - network not sharing

Discus and support Windows 10 via USB mobile tethering - network not sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Apologies in case this ground's been covered already in recent threads, Anyway I've brought a couple of PCs home from work and owing to room... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tom59N, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Tom59N Win User

Windows 10 via USB mobile tethering - network not sharing

Hi,

Apologies in case this ground's been covered already in recent threads,

Anyway I've brought a couple of PCs home from work and owing to room arrangements I've had to connect one to the network via USB mobile tethering. Internet works nicely (I'm using it now). However, I can't seem to find or access other devices on the network, be it through seeing computers on the network or by attempting direct access to a computer using Run then \\Computer-name.

Is it not possible to do this through USB tethering? I would be grateful for any assistance,

:)

Tom59N, Apr 1, 2020

2. usb network sharing

Hi gogita kupatadze

I understand your problem.

The feature USB tethering I not supported by Windows phone until now.

But you share internet through Bluetooth if you have Bluetooth in PC.

But USB tethering You can add to feature suggestion to suggestion box.

Refer the link.

. http:// windowsphone.uservoice.com/

MCCshreyas, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Tethering LG 4 to Windows 10 PC for Mobile Internet Connectivity

Hi Jaunts,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with
    tethering T-Mobile LG G4 phone to Windows 10. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

1. Are you able to view the phone connected on the Windows Explorer?

2. Did your computer fail to get valid IP address after using the sharing internet connection from your phone?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• USB tethering is not configured properly.

• Incorrect settings.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Network Adapter troubleshooter on the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

a) Press Windows key + X and click on
    Control Panel.

b) Click on Troubleshooting and click on
    View All.

c) Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with Network Adapter.

d) Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Method 2:

Further if the device is connected you may try to run following command to renew IP:

1. Press Windows Key + R

2. Type the following commands.

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

3. Hit Enter after each command.

Also, make sure your configuration of USB tethering is correct.

To verify if the issue is related to USB device itself, you can try this configuration on other computers.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 via USB mobile tethering - network not sharing - Similar Threads - via USB mobile

2. USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10: Hi, I mainly use USB tethering to connect to the internet on my PC because my LAN port's unresponsive and I don't have a Wi-Fi adapter. But now whenever I try to connect my phone, turn on USB tethering, Windows 10 is unable to identify the network, it just says Unidentified...
  3. USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10: Hi, I mainly use USB tethering to connect to the internet on my PC because my LAN port's unresponsive and I don't have a Wi-Fi adapter. But now whenever I try to connect my phone, turn on USB tethering, Windows 10 is unable to identify the network, it just says Unidentified...
  4. USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Network create every time as connect via Mobile Tethering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Network create every time as connect via Mobile Tethering: I have connect Network via Mobile Tethering, but there every time new Network number creates i.e. "Network57". I want to reset this network serial as Network1 or by Default Network name.Kindly need advise of anyone. Thanks...
  6. New Network create every time as connect via Mobile Tethering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Network create every time as connect via Mobile Tethering: I have connect Network via Mobile Tethering, but there every time new Network number creates i.e. "Network57". I want to reset this network serial as Network1 or by Default Network name.Kindly need advise of anyone. Thanks...
  7. New Network create every time as connect via Mobile Tethering

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. USB Tethering Network identification in Windows 10

USB Tethering Network identification in Windows 10: I use USB Tethering sometimes to use internet on my Windows 10 PC. Each time I connect my phone and turn USB Tethering on my phone, My PC recognizes it as a new network even thoe the network and mobile is same. Please help!!...
  9. Windows 10 Pro 1903 not sharing iPhone network via USB tether

Windows 10 Pro 1903 not sharing iPhone network via USB tether: iPhone not recognized as a USB network source Win 10 Pro 1903 This is more of an FYI for others with the same problem and with blackouts somewhat more important. I recall this working last year. Sharing via the USB would be the best choice to get the desktop browsing in a...
  10. Prevent mobile data USB tethering?

Prevent mobile data USB tethering?: Hello, I have a small company and I have implemented OpenDNS using DD-WRT on my WiFi and Wired network blocking some websites. But sometimes I catch employees connecting their own phones via USB and do USB tethering and accessing all file sharing websites. They probably...