Windows 10: Windows 10 video capture via game bar (win key + g) not reliably capturing audio

Discus and support Windows 10 video capture via game bar (win key + g) not reliably capturing audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve started a new job and to get better familiar with the systems I’m being exposed to, I’ve started using the Windows Key + G command to bring up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/koolzero007, May 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 video capture via game bar (win key + g) not reliably capturing audio

I’ve started a new job and to get better familiar with the systems I’m being exposed to, I’ve started using the Windows Key + G command to bring up the game bar overlay so I can record Zoom and Teams sessions. It’s extremely frustrating because it’s not reliable. I’ve gotten 2 successful recordings where it capture video and audio, most of the time I don’t get the audio. I cannot tell what is it that i need to make sure to do. Is it dependent on the Mix tab on the left side of the screen; do I need to make sure I have it set to a specific output?

submitted by /u/koolzero007
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/koolzero007, May 14, 2020

2. Video and Audio Capture

I am using Windows 10 64 with latest update. I am using Cyberlink Power Director 15 and Honestech capture and production software. Last year the software worked just fine. Now I cannot capture any video/audio. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the
    software. Immediate after I got video, but no audio. Then on retry, back to no audio or video. Is there a button in Windows that I need to select/change? I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Everything seems installed properly. I verified
    signal input to the capture devices: convert VHS to USB signal. As I said I did get one video signal input.

DaleAllen4, May 14, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Video capture has a black screen and working audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• Which application are you using to record the screen?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game Bar to record the screen, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

Change Game Bar settings:

I would suggest you to change the capture settings for Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Captures on the left pane.
    4. Under Recorded video, change the
      Video frame rate
      to 60 fps.
    5. Now, set the Video quality to
      high
      from the drop down.

Change the game video settings:

You may also want to change the video settings for the game to full screen windowed mode.

Check Xbox Game Monitoring service:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 14, 2020
  4. YogiBrrr Win User

Windows 10 video capture via game bar (win key + g) not reliably capturing audio

No sound on captured videos

So my issue is I have no sound on captured videos via the windows key + alt + G shortcut, this is basically part of the Windows 10 Gaming Bar, which records the last 5 minutes of my screen.

I initialy realised I had this issue when trying to use the NVidia Instant Reply thought it must be an issue with NVidia's app, so tried the gaming bar capture and I get the exact same results. I have uploaded a very short 0:18 second clip to Youtube to
    show the issue:

Its basically 18 seconds of video with no sound, it does however record my mic if I speak into it (any ingame sounds that can be heard on the Youtube clip are being picked up on by my mic which is why they're so quiet).

Everything plays through my Corsair Void Headset with no issues its just the capture, I have checked all the settings I can see, I have set my default audio devices etc...

Any suggestions would be amazing, thank you.

YogiBrrr, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 video capture via game bar (win key + g) not reliably capturing audio

1. Windows 10 video capture via game bar (win key + g) not reliably capturing audio - Similar Threads - video capture via

2. Windows Game Bar Capture audio bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game Bar Capture audio bug: Recently my game capture audio from the Game Bar has been filled with bugs. The audio duplicates at random points and starts crackling nonstop.Linked here is an example of one of these cases....
  3. Windows Game Bar Capture audio bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Game Bar Capture audio bug: Recently my game capture audio from the Game Bar has been filled with bugs. The audio duplicates at random points and starts crackling nonstop.Linked here is an example of one of these cases....
  4. Xbox game bar captures video and audio not in sync.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar captures video and audio not in sync.: I usually capture the last 5 minutes. The video is ahead of audio and the last 1 minute and 30 seconds of the video will be completely without sound. But this issue only happens to a game called Smite. Capturing all the other games works fine. Hope someone can help me out....
  5. Xbox game bar captures video and audio not in sync.

Xbox game bar captures video and audio not in sync.: I usually capture the last 5 minutes. The video is ahead of audio and the last 1 minute and 30 seconds of the video will be completely without sound. But this issue only happens to a game called Smite. Capturing all the other games works fine. Hope someone can help me out....
  6. Xbox game bar capture does not capture games in fullscreen (audio is captured, but screen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game bar capture does not capture games in fullscreen (audio is captured, but screen...: So I used to play this one game in windowed mode and my clips would record fine (not sure if it makes a difference, but i use the short cut Win+G to clip) But ever since i switched to playing fullscreen my captures are just full black with no video, but there is audio from...
  7. Game Bar Not Capturing

Game Bar Not Capturing: Game bar doesnt seem to work with Rogue Company. When I clip something it shows up in my captures but its usually only the audio if even that. This is the only game Ive had problems with....
  8. Repair Xbox Game Bar Video Capture?

Repair Xbox Game Bar Video Capture?: I tried to capture a clip from a game i played recently but the video capture seemed to have glitched and only recorded the audio with a black screen. Is there any way of repairing a video capture like this so i can see the video? submitted by /u/SomberSun [link]...
  9. Video and Audio Capture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video and Audio Capture: I am using Windows 10 64 with latest update. I am using Cyberlink Power Director 15 and Honestech capture and production software. Last year the software worked just fine. Now I cannot capture any video/audio. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Immediate...
  10. Windows Game Bar Capture no mic audio

Windows Game Bar Capture no mic audio: So as the title suggests it’s captures the game and captures everyone else but not my mic and I always have to set it to my mic on the game bar but I think it’s set as my pc default submitted by /u/Anubis4251 [link] [comments]...