Windows 10: Windows 10 video driver for older HP desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 video driver for older HP desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The PC in question is an HP Pavillion p6710f which uses AMD 4200 integrated graphics.It was updated from Win7 64bit to Win10 64 bit a couple years ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mike100, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Mike100 Win User

Windows 10 video driver for older HP desktop

The PC in question is an HP Pavillion p6710f which uses AMD 4200 integrated graphics.It was updated from Win7 64bit to Win10 64 bit a couple years ago & was working OK. However the latest Win10 update messed up the video.

A couple monitors were tried (a 1680x1050 and a 1920x1080) but now the maximum resolution is 1400 x 1050 for either. The refresh rate is 64Hz and there is no option to change it. Did a lot of searching & appears other people have the same problem & most indications are that Microsoft is no longer providing drivers that work with the chip set on older motherboards.

Is there a workaround or hack to fix this?

:)

Mike100, Mar 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 Drivers for Older Intel Desktop Board with Onboard NIC, Sound, Video

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

This could be due to incompatible drivers with current version on Windows.

Let's try to troubleshoot to fix the touch screen issue.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue.

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• Connect the devices to the computer.
    • Press Windows + W key on the keyboard
    • Type troubleshooting in the search tab and press Enter.
    • Click View all on left panel.
    Click Hardware and devices, new window will popup

Method 2: Update touch adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the touch drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your touch devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Method 3: Check in compatibility mode.

Download the touch drivers from the computer manufacturer's website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with this version
    of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 video driver for older HP desktop

HP Compaq L2311c driver for windows 10

Hi Komagian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to connect the display screen and try to update the driver.

Update the Display Adapter driver.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run
      command.
    • In Run window type devmgmt.msc.
    • Then in device manager, right click on Display Adapter.
    • Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.
    If you don't find the drivers for Windows 10 in the manufacturer website, you can revert your display driver back to an older version instead of the one installed with windows 10.

• Right click on the Start Button.

• Select Device Manager.

• Select Display driver and then then right click on the driver.

• click the Update Driver... button

• Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'

• Select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

• Select the Older version of your current driver.
    Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 video driver for older HP desktop

1. Windows 10 video driver for older HP desktop - Similar Threads - video driver older

2. Windows 11 and older HP LaserJet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and older HP LaserJet: Windows 11 dell computer prints Faded color on HP LaserJet 1-- color MFP M175nw . Nothing else wrong with the printer except the change to the new computer. Are they compatible? Or do we need a new printer?...
  3. Windows 11 and older HP LaserJet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and older HP LaserJet: Windows 11 dell computer prints Faded color on HP LaserJet 1-- color MFP M175nw . Nothing else wrong with the printer except the change to the new computer. Are they compatible? Or do we need a new printer?...
  4. Windows 11 is reverting video drivers to older version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is reverting video drivers to older version: Hi all.I have been having this issue some 3 weeks now. Windows 11 keeps reverting my video drivers to an older version.I have an Acer Aspire 5 notebook equipped with an Intel UHD graphics card. My monitor is a Samsung 32-inch 4K monitor that has 2 HDMI input ports, being...
  5. Windows 11 is reverting video drivers to older version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is reverting video drivers to older version: Hi all.I have been having this issue some 3 weeks now. Windows 11 keeps reverting my video drivers to an older version.I have an Acer Aspire 5 notebook equipped with an Intel UHD graphics card. My monitor is a Samsung 32-inch 4K monitor that has 2 HDMI input ports, being...
  6. Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer: I tried everything to fix this and all the suggestions but all did not work until I discovered this. This fixed my issue and I was able to get my driverless printer for Windows 10 to work. I hope this helps you as well. I appreciate the suggestions and wanted to share this as...
  7. Drivers on an older version of Windows 10

Drivers on an older version of Windows 10: Hello. I just got a new PC. I put Windows 10 LTSB 2016 on it and installed most of my drivers manually. All was going well until I encountered an error while I was installing my graphics driver. Is said that the driver does not support my version of Windows. Is there any way...
  8. Remote Desktop and Intel Video Driver

Remote Desktop and Intel Video Driver: Hi, Since the last update of windows I've a problem with Remote Desktop and connecting to my workstation at work. When I'm working at the office there is no problem, only when I'm using RD. A colleague of mine is experiencing the same problem. When I use RD and I did NOT...
  9. Older video cards?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Older video cards?: I have GTX280 1GB, 8800GTS640MB and an HD4670 1GB ddr3 version, has anyone had these successfully running in win 10? 12045
  10. HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 10 video driver problem

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 10 video driver problem: I recently successfully upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in this HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC laptop. Once it boots up, the PC does fine, but when booting up, I get a black screen for 1 1/2 minutes. I believe it is a video driver issue. I went to HP.com looking for a...