Windows 10: windows 10 video preview

Discus and support windows 10 video preview in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; noticed while using win 10 on new PC (pre installed) the preview pane shows controls to play some video's but not others i have files such as .flv .mp4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dmesal, Mar 28, 2016.

1. dmesal Win User

windows 10 video preview

noticed while using win 10 on new PC (pre installed) the preview pane shows controls to play some video's but not others i have files such as .flv .mp4 .mpg .avi they used to all work in win 8.1 older machine but not on win 10.

and the thumbnails don't always change/refresh when selecting other videos some do some don't

i have k-lite mega and like windows media to play all videos not three diff players. vlc mpc and the one with win 10

any and all help greatly appreciated

i have contacted MS and have ran SFC /scannow with no improvement.

:)

dmesal, Mar 28, 2016

2. Video Preview in File Explorer Not Working-Windows 10

Thanks. I'll take a look. The page says "Preview Handlers for Windows XP". I'm wondering if it's suitable for Windows 10.

If installing it fixes the preview pane without breaking the "play" feature from the preview pane, then that would be great. That's exactly what people are looking for.

I've written a post about this here
    Preview Pane Not Refreshing Preview Image for Video Files in Windows 10

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 28, 2016
  3. No preview pane available in file manager

Just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8. Am unable to preview video regardless of format in the preview area where it says, "select a file to preview." How do I turn this on for video?

Terry LeeTobius, Mar 28, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

windows 10 video preview

Which ones don't work? Open Control Panel, click on Folder Options then scroll down to the extensions that don't work and set a default program for them.

Ztruker, Mar 28, 2016
Thema:

windows 10 video preview

1. windows 10 video preview - Similar Threads - video preview

2. Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine: In answer to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/logitech-c920-webcam-microphone-does-not-seem-to/df1ebadf-17f4-463e-8e58-ab6d296de745 which has been locked without any meaningful reply, I want to share what helped me with...
  3. Pic and Video up load windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pic and Video up load windows 10: So when they were really pushing up grades to 10 last year i did it. I found out that uploading from my video camera was not as easy as windows 10. The window that comes up on the bottom right does not exist. Has these been fixed and is it easy now to upload direct from a...
  4. Skype Preview for Windows now lets you blur background in video calls

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview for Windows now lets you blur background in video calls: Recently, Microsoft announced beta testing of a new feature for Skype on the desktop. With this update, Microsoft has added one of the most requested features to its instant messaging and video calling app. The update has enabled the blurred background feature which can be...
  5. My videos are not showing the thumnail preview

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My videos are not showing the thumnail preview: [ATTACH] How can i solve the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-videos-are-not-showing-the-thumnail-preview/b86daeb6-3773-4e95-80e9-03d30c6444c4
  6. YouTube video preview in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube video preview in Firefox: Hi, is there a Firefox plugin, or a configuration change, to preview YouTube videos while using Bing Search Engine (and hopefully Google Search Engine as well) just like in Internet Explorer? [img] 105287
  7. Music and Video Preview apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music and Video Preview apps: The links on MS pages don't seem to take you to the correct place. You get what looks like a good link, but pressing the [install] button just starts spinning the wait icon. I had to go to the Store (beta) and search for Preview, then press view all > in the apps list...
  8. Video Thumbnails wont update in preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Thumbnails wont update in preview pane: Hello my video thumbnails wont update. It shows me the preview of the first video thumbnail but when i select another, the preview remains the same in the preview pane. I use the "List" view. help, i am a video editor who just pdated to windows 10 18495
  9. Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10: As we mentioned on January 21st, we’re bringing new universal applications that will ship with Windows 10 including new Music and Video apps. Today, we are pleased to be releasing early preview versions of these new apps for Windows 10 PCs. Windows Insiders can download the...
  10. Preview plugin-free Skype video calling in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Preview plugin-free Skype video calling in Microsoft Edge: Today we’re excited to announce a new plugin-free voice, video, and group video calling experience on Skype for Web, Outlook.com, Office Online, and OneDrive, powered by the ORTC API in Microsoft Edge. You can preview this experience by visiting Skype for Web in Microsoft...