Windows 10: Windows 10 Video_TDR_Failure file: atikmpag.sys Blue Screen of Death

Discus and support Windows 10 Video_TDR_Failure file: atikmpag.sys Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was gaming on my laptop for about five hours and fell asleep afterward for twelve, leaving the game on the entire time. The game was still working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SigmaK6, Dec 2, 2018.

1. SigmaK6 Win User

Windows 10 Video_TDR_Failure file: atikmpag.sys Blue Screen of Death

I was gaming on my laptop for about five hours and fell asleep afterward for twelve, leaving the game on the entire time. The game was still working when I woke up, and I shut off the laptop immediately after seeing it. Before, the game was working fine. Now, whenever I try to open graphically demanding games I get this shutdown. Did I ruin my graphics card over the course of a single night? I'm not very tech-savvy so I don't know what options I have.

I tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers from hp.com (no change)
    • Disabling graphics card drivers and launching (runs extremely slowly, but the game at least opens)
    • sfw /scannow on command prompt (no change)
    • malwarebytes scan (no change)

Specs:

• System Name LAPTOP-24INA7J4
    • System Model HP Laptop 15-db0xxx
    • System Type x64-based PC
    • Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    • Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    • Total Physical Memory 7.66 GB
    • Available Physical Memory 2.80 GB
    Any help would be appreciated.

:)

SigmaK6, Dec 2, 2018

2. BSOD/Black Screen While Gaming. Video_TDR_Failure atikmpag.sys

Here are the tests on all of my drives. One thing that I noticed is that my Adata drive got a little hot yesterday, up to 46C and when that happened the drive throttled speeds so I am going to increase fan speeds in the case to see if that might help the SSD.

Also about the AMD drivers, I have tried many different AMD drivers to fix this issue. I have tried about all of the drivers that have support for my RX 470 and none of them fixes the issue.

C:

Windows 10 Video_TDR_Failure file: atikmpag.sys Blue Screen of Death [​IMG]

E:

F:

ItsTheYoshi, Dec 2, 2018
  3. BSOD/Black Screen While Gaming. Video_TDR_Failure atikmpag.sys

Here are the first few tests done.

ItsTheYoshi, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Video_TDR_Failure file: atikmpag.sys Blue Screen of Death - Similar Threads - Video_TDR_Failure file atikmpag

2. Blue Screen Video_TDR_Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Video_TDR_Failure: HelloI Have a problem with my laptop like i said when i play games or even use my laptop normally a blue screen happens with the Error code: Video_TDR_Failurethis problem has been happening to me since a while ago but i didnt really care, but no it happens to me like every 20...
  3. Blue Screen Video_TDR_Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Video_TDR_Failure: HelloI Have a problem with my laptop like i said when i play games or even use my laptop normally a blue screen happens with the Error code: Video_TDR_Failurethis problem has been happening to me since a while ago but i didnt really care, but no it happens to me like every 20...
  4. Blue Screen Video_TDR_Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue screen with Video_TDR_Failure on Windows 10

Blue screen with Video_TDR_Failure on Windows 10: Blue screen with Video_TDR_Failure. Windows reported the following errors: LiveKernelEven code 117, 193, 141, and also 1b0. This happens every time I try installing/updating my Nvidia GPU driver. Windows crashes, and I find it difficult to boot again, because Windows is...
  6. vbaudio_vmavio64_win10.sys Blue Screen of death Error

vbaudio_vmavio64_win10.sys Blue Screen of death Error: So this error has happened to me multiple times know and i can not find any fixes on google etc, how can i fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vbaudiovmavio64win10sys-blue-screen-of-death-error/29d6fb01-482e-451f-97b3-811df8a7d319
  7. rt640x64.sys blue screen of death BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    rt640x64.sys blue screen of death BSOD: Hello, I am regurerly getting the BSOD with the error message rt640x64.sys . It happens randomly. If I play games, or watch movies or even when the laptop is idle. Here is the link to the minidump files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!As6tie2uJXE_vwndmxYy-Bvo05Ei?e=GlhTKc I have...
  8. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys: While launching a game, it freezes up (And a second of the audio loops), then an another second loops, then it gives me this squished blue screen, the error it gives me is "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys" This PC was bought from a pawn shop nearby me, for about ~200 US...
  9. Blue screen Video_tdr_failure on windows 10 build 1803

Blue screen Video_tdr_failure on windows 10 build 1803: hey guys i recently upgraded my windows 10 from 1703 to 1803, and now im facing constant bluescreen error. as the title says, its the famous VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and also nvlddmkm.sys failure. i didnt have this problem on the previous build. i have an ASUS G553VD ( its a...
  10. BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): Hi there. I have a BSOD screen when I play a game 20-30 minutes . The error is : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). Before installing W10 i could play games as Counter-Strike : Global Offensive, Minecraft and League of Legends at their full power without interrupting. And...