Windows 10: Windows 10 Videos folder directory has been turned into the same directory as the pictures...

Discus and support Windows 10 Videos folder directory has been turned into the same directory as the pictures... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few days ago, I was transferring the location of my videos and pictures folders from my SSD C: drive to my HDD D: Drive, somehow, the location of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Baze_TA, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Baze_TA Win User

Windows 10 Videos folder directory has been turned into the same directory as the pictures...

A few days ago, I was transferring the location of my videos and pictures folders from my SSD C: drive to my HDD D: Drive, somehow, the location of both folders transferred into the same directory onto my D: Drive. In an attempt to fix this, I tried to restore the location of each folder to their default locations under my username in the C: Drive, but they ended up restoring to again, the same directory, but this time in the C: Drive as both under the \Pictures section...

How can I restore each folder to their own respective directories on my D: Drive, as each time I change their directories, both my Videos and Pictures folders end up together under \Pictures.

I have already tried doing an sfc /scannow error check, but it is unable to fix my errors. Here is my CBS error log for that.

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/860829/CBS.log

I have also tried doing a chkdsk /f /r scan, but that hasn't fixed my errors either.

Windows 10 Videos folder directory has been turned into the same directory as the pictures... cedfb60c-c543-4ad5-ad47-76a6a5b30688?upload=true.jpg

Windows 10 Videos folder directory has been turned into the same directory as the pictures... dc2f0a43-d564-407c-b21d-adbb071aa58a?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 Videos folder directory has been turned into the same directory as the pictures... f91cce4a-29f4-46ee-80d4-78fe36a0ab24?upload=true.jpg

:)

Baze_TA, Apr 17, 2020

2. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.3

Change Log v1.3
    • Resolved an issue where resizing caused the "Directory Size Utility" to crash. - Thanks Drone!
    • New button Icons.
    • New high resolution icon for the Directory Size Utility.
    • New Delete folder button.
    • New right click menu item("Delete folder") for folder list.
    • New Export to Excel button.
    • Renamed "Get folder..." to "Add folder..."
    • Clicking "Directory Size Utility" name in the about window will take you to the home web page.
    Download here!

Spoiler: New Screen Shot Main Screen

Windows 10 Videos folder directory has been turned into the same directory as the pictures... Main.jpg

Mindweaver, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Apr 17, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Windows 10 Videos folder directory has been turned into the same directory as the pictures...

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Windows 10 Videos folder directory has been turned into the same directory as the pictures... [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Videos folder directory has been turned into the same directory as the pictures... - Similar Threads - Videos folder directory

2. Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.: I cannot delete it, rename it or move it. When I try to delete it, it will say that the file is not located there anymore. I have tried to use command prompt yet nothing worked. I delete the original folder but the duplicate still exist but doesn't contain anything even if it...
  3. Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! I got a duplicate folder which has the same name and is located in the same directory.: I cannot delete it, rename it or move it. When I try to delete it, it will say that the file is not located there anymore. I have tried to use command prompt yet nothing worked. I delete the original folder but the duplicate still exist but doesn't contain anything even if it...
  4. Windows twice in the same Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows twice in the same Directory: It is normal to have Windows showing in the Explorer twice in the same Directory? Here's a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-twice-in-the-same-directory/64d0752a-01d6-4c75-8aac-5c6508b8d7a0
  5. Windows twice in the same Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows twice in the same Directory: It is normal to have Windows showing in the Explorer twice in the same Directory? Here's a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-twice-in-the-same-directory/64d0752a-01d6-4c75-8aac-5c6508b8d7a0
  6. Can't save a file with the same name as a folder in the same directory

Can't save a file with the same name as a folder in the same directory: So lets say I want to save my excel file to my documents folder. I want to name the file "data", but there is already a folder with the name data in the documents directory. When I type the word "data" into "File name:" and hit save, the file explorer opens up the data folder...
  7. Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos

Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos: For the user library folders such as Desktop, Music, Pictures, I know that the directory can be changed by going in to "properties" > "location" Like so: https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/change-location-of-user-folders-in-windows/ I'm looking to change the directory of these...
  8. File explorer sort all folders/directories the same

File explorer sort all folders/directories the same: All i want to do is to sort all directories across windows 10 the same as a directory I have already sorted the way I want all of them to look like. In other words i have manually sorted a directory the way i want all of them across my computer to look like. Seems like I've...
  9. Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder: Hi Guys, I accidentally deleted my Pictures folder. Being the smart cookie that I am, I had it backed up. I copy and pasted my Pictures Folder to C:\Users\\Pictures. Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\\Pictures....
  10. Relocating Pictures directory.

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocating Pictures directory.: I installed Windows 10 about a month ago, and I changed the default location of "Pictures", "Downloads", "Documents", "Audio" and "Video" folder. I changed them so they resided on my 750 Gb storage drive instead of my 120 Gb SSD drive. All was fine. Now, last week after the...