Windows 10: Windows 10 videos not working, only audio.

Discus and support Windows 10 videos not working, only audio. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my laptop and everything works fine except for videos. When I try to watch a video on Windows Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RyanRodgers, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Windows 10 videos not working, only audio.

I have just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my laptop and everything works fine except for videos. When I try to watch a video on Windows Media Player, I get a black screen but the audio of the video works fine. I have been using the VLC player without problems. YouTube videos for Microsoft Edge didn't work until I switched to use software rendering instead of GPU rendering. If I try to use the Film & TV for my videos, I get an error 0xc00d11cd (0x80004005) and to visit Xbox support. In the Xbox App, when I try to watch a friends video, it says the video could not be decoded. When I try to stream my Xbox, I get a black screen but the audio of my Xbox works with what I am doing on my Xbox controller. So the streaming works, but no video. I upgraded to Windows 10 for the Xbox compatibility and streaming so I really want to find a fix for this problem. I have tried everything.

Sony Vaio
    Model: VPCCB27FD
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
    Memory: 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series

:)

RyanRodgers, Aug 3, 2015

2. Sound coming from one source.

I'm running two monitors on two separate HDMI video cards. The video works fine but the audio only comes out of one TV. On Windows 7 I was able to run audio and video independently but can't seem to find the option to do that in Windows 10. Any and all
    help would be greatly appreciated.

ShaunWalford, Aug 3, 2015
  3. hisharps Win User
    KB4056892

Updating the Video and audio drivers failed to solve the problem. Video and audio play back continues to run fast. Do you still provide compatibility support for Windows XP drivers. I have a original driver disk for the motherboard but it only works for
    Windows XP. There are no updated drivers for windows 10 since the motherboard manufacturer is defunct.

hisharps, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ibanezman Win User

Windows 10 videos not working, only audio.

I have the exact same problem, did you get anywhere with it ?

I found a list of compatible cards and on there it seems to suggest that the 7400 isn't supported

If that's the case though, why didn't this flag up before I installed Windows 10. Also, in Device Manager, the card is displayed correctly with the latest drivers

Any help would be appreciated

Ibanezman, Aug 27, 2015
  5. reset20 Win User
    The AMD 6000 series have the same problem. AMD may have used a backward slash instead of a forward /. They need to fix their driver so video playback works. I have no solutions for this issue.

reset20, Aug 28, 2015
  6. Ibanezman Win User
    I've seen that a temporary solution is to fully uninstall everything and let Windows Update do it for you

When I try this though, Windows doesn't even recognise my graphics card and it just stays on the basic display adapter

Even when I install an old driver for the 7400, Windows Update checks and says it is the latest one, even though it isn't

Ibanezman, Aug 28, 2015
  7. click on the gear in Internet exploreer . upper.right hand corner ....go down to internet options click on it..when it opens ....click on the advance tab and check Use Hardware Rendering....now click apply at the bottom and ok.....You will be able to watch videos in edge and internet explorer and as well as microsoft store

waynegibns, Sep 11, 2015
  8. reset20 Win User

You tube videos is working in google chrome now. In google settings if I uncheck enable hardware acceleration the video pixels. If I check enable hardware acceleration the video plays perfectly. It is the exact opposite for edge and internet explorer settings. Maybe the browsers need to be repaired by Microsoft. Still cant get video playback in Microsoft store apps.

reset20, Sep 11, 2015
  9. hi there

Ive just recently solved all the mess with this playback issue on my browsers but not in windows playback itself !

for internet explorer :
    1_on the top right side of screen click on gear button (setting)
    2_go to advanced tap
    3_check the box under "accelerated graphics" ( use software rendering bla bla bla .. )
    close the browser and re enter , its pretty much solved ! youtube , Netflix , brazzers haha

for Edge :
    1_again on the top right side of screen click on 3 point icon (more options)
    2_go to setting
    3_scroll down down down and click on "view advanced setting"
    4_turn off the "use adobe flash player"

I'm with amd hd radeon mobility 5000 series and I'm pretty sad because of it !! cheers

sina otoufat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 videos not working, only audio. - Similar Threads - videos working audio

2. video audio not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    video audio not working: Hi, I got a new laptop about a year ago and did a carbonite transfer off all my items on my old computer to my new laptop. I didn't check until awhile later, but noticed my video folders transferred, but they were emptied. I'm finally had time to transfer them onto a USB...
  3. video audio not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video audio not working: Hi, I got a new laptop about a year ago and did a carbonite transfer off all my items on my old computer to my new laptop. I didn't check until awhile later, but noticed my video folders transferred, but they were emptied. I'm finally had time to transfer them onto a USB...
  4. video audio not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A video with only audio....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A video with only audio....: Hi, I’m trying to download a green screen video on my PC. When I open it, I can only hear the audio. This happens with Windows Media Player and Davinci Resolve which is where the video must go, so it must work in Davinci, but I can see the video with VLC Media Player....
  6. Video works but no audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video works but no audio: I was testing my webcam on Windows 10 and it worked but when I did a video it didn't play the audio. I am using the regular Camera app that is already on the computer. I am not using a mic or anything like that so maybe that is the problem but I don't know can you please help...
  7. Audio not working only in video playback apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working only in video playback apps: Recently, I cannot get any audio to play from any video playback apps such as "Films & TV", "VLC Player", and "Windows Media Player". I've tried downloading additional, third-party applications to try to play my videos with sound. I've tested additional programs such as...
  8. Messenger Video replay only Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messenger Video replay only Audio: FB Messenger App on windows 10, Video replay is audio only with black screen? Video plays correctly on my iPad and Android phone. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-video-replay-only-audio/6ad05b4e-d216-44a3-b4e8-368e2e92498d
  9. ROG SupremeFX S1220 audio and windows 10 1809 some video dialogue on videos don't work only...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ROG SupremeFX S1220 audio and windows 10 1809 some video dialogue on videos don't work only...: This is on a ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z270 ATX Motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rog-supremefx-s1220-audio-and-windows-10-1809-some/87c43eca-0165-4d93-b61f-b46ad245a5cf
  10. Videos and Audio not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos and Audio not working: Videos are not playing in any where (chrome, firefox, windows media player, vlc, etc). They just get stuck at 0:00. Also my audio is gone. What the hell is the problem *Mad 95228