Windows 10: Windows 10: Virtual desktops get a new transition

Discus and support Windows 10: Virtual desktops get a new transition in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has pushed out an update for Windows 10 that brings the build number to 9860 and with it, there are several improvements over the last build,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10: Virtual desktops get a new transition

Read more...

[youtube]Jykd9g4CxZk[/youtube]

:)

Brink, Oct 22, 2014
  2. JoPiskura Win User

How do I remove the classic desktop view in Windows 10?

When I first set up Windows 10 on my Surface, I found it easier to transition by having the classic desktop view. Now that I am far more comfortable, I would like to use only the Virtual desktop view. How do I remove the classic desktop view?

JoPiskura, Oct 22, 2014
  3. No virtual desktops in Tablet mode?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome toe the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the virtual desktop feature is not available when in tablet mode.

In the Tablet mode, the Virtual desktop function only keeps track of open apps, legacy applications, and shortcuts and allows the user to select from that assortment.

Before any further troubleshooting, I would suggest you to navigate to the following location to see if you find the settings for visual transition between virtual desktops.

Settings > System > Multitasking.

Write to us with the updated status and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 22, 2014
Thema:

Windows 10: Virtual desktops get a new transition

1. Windows 10: Virtual desktops get a new transition - Similar Threads - Virtual desktops transition

2. Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...
  3. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: When I open an App, i.e. Excel, on one Virtual Desktop and then try and open an excel doc. from file explorer on a second virtual desktop the doc opens up and switches views to the original virtual desktop making using virtual desktops frustrating and time consuming. Is...
  4. Option for launching apps in a new Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option for launching apps in a new Virtual Desktop: Hi, is there an option or toggle somewhere to open apps in a new virtual desktop? Followup, is it possible to set the start position for the command line window on a specific screen or a specific virtual desktop?...
  5. Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation

Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation: I recently got to set up my sister's new ASUS R541U laptop. To my surprise, switching between virtual desktops in Windows 10 with the four-finger horizontal slide gesture on its touchpad was a whole different experience than on my ASUS K501U. I only experienced such...
  6. Unable to add a virtual desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unable to add a virtual desktop on Windows 10: Hello! I've tried to use all hotkeys, read win 10 help center and still didn't find the answer. The virtual desktop icon is missing, hotkeys doesn't work. How to: [img] As is: [img] How can I add a virtual desktop on my windows 10? Thank you in advance!...
  7. Virtual Desktops - Projector

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Desktops - Projector: Let's assume I've created 2 virtual desktops in Windows 10. (#1 and #2) Is it possible to connect projector with a single virtual desktop only? Eg. Connect virtual desktop #1 with the projector. Now swap, work along virtual desktop #2 (to look privately for some references...
  8. open application again in new virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    open application again in new virtual desktop: Hello i want open application again in new desktop, for example, when i open firefox, it open new in new dekstop, but when i open Thunderbird, it will switch to same desktop it was open, but i want open again new in new virtual desktop. how its possible? thanks. 50365
  9. Windows 10 Virtual Desktop and Mouse options

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Virtual Desktop and Mouse options: I haven’t used a Windows PC in years but think I’m about to switch back because of Apple’s draconian control over hard disk and RAM upgrades on computers with Retina displays. I love the Mac’s interface and I hate to go back to Windows, but sometimes you’ve got to make...
  10. Windows 9: Virtual desktops get a video tour

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9: Virtual desktops get a video tour: VF4Eva_4UNE A month ago, Neowin was able to exclusively reveal that virtual desktops would be coming to Windows 9 - and if there was any doubt about that, it can safely be put to bed today. The folks over at Winfuture.de, a German Windows site, have gotten their hands...