Windows 10: Windows 10 Virtual Disc issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Virtual Disc issue in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I don't know when it started, but Autoplay works fine as long as I'm mounting any image and opening or back on Explorer to the This PC location. then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by x7007, Sep 12, 2017.

1. x7007 Win User

Windows 10 Virtual Disc issue

I don't know when it started, but Autoplay works fine as long as I'm mounting any image and opening or back on Explorer to the This PC location. then the image file is refresh and starting to show the icon and ask for AutoPlay or AutoPlay settings does it's thing.

As long as I am mounting the image from lets say E:\ and staying there , nothing is happening. I need to open This PC icon and then it start refreshing and the image is mounting correctly.

It only works properly if I'm using Anydvd software 8.1.8.1 or any other version as long as it opened on the tray icon, but without it running I need to go to This PC and it works.

I had the missing registry of autoplay, so I've added them . but it still doesn't fix this issue.

In Disk Management the CD-ROM0 doesn't show as long I don't do Refresh or entering This PC, it is suppose to always be there even if there is no mounted drive. same as This PC which does automatically , I think this is the problem.

I have CD-ROM 0 DVD H: No media and it doesn't show the media till I do refresh or entering This PC.

Does using this command will add the drive permanently ?

reg.exe add “HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0” /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

How do I fix it ?

Using Anydvd Virtual CloneDrive 5.5.0.0

edit '"::: After searching in the registry and removing all unwanted Anydvd CloneDrive it works now fine ...

There was registry that kept using Virtual CloneDrive Icon and also the name even without it installed.

And all many different registry location I don't understand what is their purpose but I removed everything with this program and after restart and reinstallation it works fine.

:)

x7007, Sep 12, 2017

2. SOFTWARE ON CD

You can copy the contents of each disc to a respective folder (Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3 etc.).

Start setup from Disc 1, when prompted for disc to browse to the contents of the folder.

Because of the age of the software, it might not work on Windows 10, so consider installing using compatibility mode:

Run Old Software on Windows 10 with Compatibility Mode - groovyPost

An extreme option you can also consider if the software is not compatible with Windows 10, is running in a virtual machine:

Run Older or Incompatible Software on Windows 10 in a ... - groovyPost

Andre Da Costa, Sep 12, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Annoying connected/disconnected device sound

Do you have or have you ever had Daemon installed on your System.

This software is for creating virtual drives to mount ISO files as virtual DVD's or CD's. if you have it installed that is the cause of your problem. In Windows 10 there is no need for this type of software as Windows 10 supports mounting of ISO's directly.
    You simply have to double click an ISO and Windows 10 will mount it onto a virtual Drive.

If you previously had Daemon installed, there may be remnants left over:

• Go to Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under Storage Controllers look for Daemon Software (virtual Disc)
    • Right click the virtual disc if it exists and choose disable
    • Reboot your PC

DaveM121, Sep 12, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Virtual Disc issue

1. Windows 10 Virtual Disc issue - Similar Threads - Virtual Disc issue

2. Issues with Windows 10 install from disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows 10 install from disc: Here's a bit of a background. I built a gaming PC in 2011, have upgraded a few parts since then, no issues. Windows 7 Home 64 bit. It meets all requirements for Windows 10. I've since gifted this PC to my brother. About 3 years ago the PC stopped accepting Win 7 updates. He...
  3. Issues with Windows 10 install from disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Windows 10 install from disc: Here's a bit of a background. I built a gaming PC in 2011, have upgraded a few parts since then, no issues. Windows 7 Home 64 bit. It meets all requirements for Windows 10. I've since gifted this PC to my brother. About 3 years ago the PC stopped accepting Win 7 updates. He...
  4. Issues with Windows 10 install from disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disc Space issue with Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disc Space issue with Windows 10 Updates: Currently trying to install Windows 10 Update. I get as far as the "Windows 10 will work on this PC" screen which tells me there isn't enough Disk Space to update and that I need to either 1) free up at least 8 GB of space on the C: drive or 2) Insert an external storage...
  6. Windows 10 Local Disc Space Issues [HELP]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Local Disc Space Issues [HELP]: [ATTACH] I use a lot of adobe software and work with a lot of large format image and audio files, so about a month ago I anticipated memory issues and bought an external hard drive, I moved all my files to this 1 TB hard drive taking up about 400gb and my laptop ran a...
  7. Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc: Hi! I have recently installed a virtual windows xp emulator on my Windows 10 PC so that I can play older pc games that no longer work on windows 10. The emulator is working perfectly, the only issue is that when attempting to install the games through windows xp, I insert...
  8. Windows Disc Image Burner issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Disc Image Burner issue?: I keep getting a popup with an "i" inside a blue circle with only option is OK. No other text. When I right click on it in the tray it says Windows Disc Image Burner. How can I fix this so it goes away?...
  9. Disc Drive issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disc Drive issue.: I really want to install and play Zoo Tycoon 2 and the expansion packs but the problem is that the disc drive on my computer (a Lenovo thinkpad 320) is either too much small for the disk to fit on or the disk is too big and I really want to play the game again since I own it...
  10. windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop with windows 10, but I have issues with FSX. I can install it, enter the main menu, select aircraft, sceneries etc., but when I launch it, the screen becomes black. I can't even go back to the menu, although I can hear the background...