Windows 10: Windows 10 virtual keyboard not displaying Japanese characters

Discus and support Windows 10 virtual keyboard not displaying Japanese characters in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Up until about a week ago, the windows virtual keyboard for my laptop has stopped displaying Japanese characters when I switch languages.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kamauhill, Sep 14, 2020.

1. kamauhill Win User

Windows 10 virtual keyboard not displaying Japanese characters

Hello,

Up until about a week ago, the windows virtual keyboard for my laptop has stopped displaying Japanese characters when I switch languages. Other languages such as Thai display their alphabet just fine. Not exactly sure when this problem started, but when I first installed the language pack about 2 weeks ago, I was able to see the hirigana on the keyboard just fine and everything was right where they were supposed to be.

Can someone help me change the keyboard to display hirigana/Japanese characters while I have the input language set to Japanese? Windows 10 virtual keyboard not displaying Japanese characters 583068dd-0f75-4d22-8a81-e77674bd3038?upload=true.png

:)

kamauhill, Sep 14, 2020

2. Getting Japanese characters to display

In Windows 10, I was able to switch between the English and Japanese simply by clicking on the ENG icon in my various Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Now, however, the icon is gone and the ability to get Japanese characters to display has vanished.
    My computer says I have the Japanese IME language pack, but I can't get it to work. Has anyone else had this problem in Windows 10? Any suggestions?

PaulMatychuk, Sep 14, 2020
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 virtual keyboard not displaying Japanese characters

Japanese characters display problem

My keyboard failed to display correct Japanese characters (i.e. hiragana & katakana).

The characters of 「あ、い、う、え、お」 that correspond to English "a, i, u, e, o" now become
    「ち、に、な、い、ら」.

I tried reboot the machine and reinstall the Japanese IME pack a few times, but the problem persists.

Would you please let me know how to fix it?

Patrick2020, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 virtual keyboard not displaying Japanese characters

1. Windows 10 virtual keyboard not displaying Japanese characters - Similar Threads - virtual keyboard displaying

2. Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.: Windows Notepad does not display Japanese characters. They are simply hidden.The .txt files in OneDrive are correctly displayed on other computers. This problem does not occur for other files and applications such as File Explorer, .odt files, and email messages. Further,...
  3. Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.: Windows Notepad does not display Japanese characters. They are simply hidden.The .txt files in OneDrive are correctly displayed on other computers. This problem does not occur for other files and applications such as File Explorer, .odt files, and email messages. Further,...
  4. Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virtual Keyboard Japanese and Chinese YONG yǒng -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Keyboard Japanese and Chinese YONG yǒng -: I study a few languages, including Japanese and Chinese Mandarin. I use the computer a lot to study. And I noticed that Microsoft's virtual keyboards, whether Japanese or Chinese, don't come with this same layout variation as the prints below. They are very useful for writing...
  6. Virtual Keyboard Japanese and Chinese YONG yǒng -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Keyboard Japanese and Chinese YONG yǒng -: I study a few languages, including Japanese and Chinese Mandarin. I use the computer a lot to study. And I noticed that Microsoft's virtual keyboards, whether Japanese or Chinese, don't come with this same layout variation as the prints below. They are very useful for writing...
  7. Change Japanese Keyboard IME character settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Japanese Keyboard IME character settings: I have two computers where I type using Japanese IME. On my US-made computer, switching from romaji to hiragana is performed by using SHIFT+CAPS LOCK. On my JP-made computer, switching from romaji to hiragana is performed by using just CAPS LOCK. Needless to say, this causes...
  8. File Explorer Not Displaying Japanese Characters Properly Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Displaying Japanese Characters Properly Win 10: Hello, I am having a particular issue that in general seems to be pretty common but of which I have personally find no solution no known solution that *works*. The issue I am having is that, particularly for folders/files that I download from the web using a browser, file...
  9. Japanese characters display problem

Japanese characters display problem: My keyboard failed to display correct Japanese characters i.e. hiragana & katakana. The characters of that correspond to English "a, i, u, e, o" now become. I tried reboot the machine and reinstall the Japanese IME pack a few times, but the problem persists. Would you...
  10. windows 10 display in Japanese

windows 10 display in Japanese: Andre Da Costa? I lost your answer - I need your e-mail address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-display-in-japanese/1c7c8c6b-b489-41b2-9e29-9c7336344ec6