Windows 10: Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers

Discus and support Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I realized than when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a network config on my eth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phil12345678910, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers

Hi,

I realized than when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a network config on my eth adapter

that, until I used the nw troubleshooter

so it appears that win 10 home edition is not capable of working correctly when installing virtual network drivers from 3rd parties

can someone patch this in the dev team ? can this be investigated seriously ? anyone had the same problem ?

to reproduce this, just install nmap or virtual box, next morning you should see the network adapter is not configured

just like if windows was trying to setup the wrong adapter on startup

thanks

:)

phil12345678910, Feb 7, 2021

2. Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver uninstalled

The other day I went to start up my VPN Virtual AP for my Chromecast and iPad to connect to via my Windows 10 Machine using the following commands (have done this several times before and it has worked fine):
    netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NETWORKNAME key=PASSWORD
    netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    But to my nasty surprise, I was responded with:
    The hosted network couldn’t be started.
    The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.
    Now I've looked everywhere online for a solution to my problem here. The underlying issue appears to be that my Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver is missing in Device Manager (when showing hidden drivers). This appears to be a result of an update to my WLAN Adapter (Will list spec at end). Here are the following things I have tried:

1. Looked for Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver in Device Manager as a Hidden device - Not there.
    2. Disabled WLAN Adapter and Enabled to refresh drivers
    3. Scanned for Hardware changed in DM
    4. Tried rolling back WLAN Adapter to oldest version - 09/2015
    5. Updated WLAN Adapter to latest version - 23/08/2016
    6. Searched the Lenovo website for their default WLAN Adapter driver, downloaded and installed - but was the same one I had as my updated version
    7. Looked for older editions of the adapter, but they either installed but didn't have the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter, or weren't compatible with my machine.
    8. Restarted my machine after every change made to the network adapters
    9. Uninstalled LAN Adapter and reinstalled.
    What I've read is that some of the new WLAN Adapters have stopped including the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter in their installation package. Not sure how true this is but it would explain the sudden uninstallation of it.
    I think that's pretty much everything. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Machine Model: Lenovo 100-15IBD
    WLAN Network Driver: Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN Driver version 2023.37.0616.2016

SemiTechLife, Feb 7, 2021
  3. virtual driver with windows 10

I have widows 10 and my laptop tells me that the virtual driver is incompatible with system. how do I disable virtual driver and keep windows 10.

EdwinMunyan, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers

Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter issue Windows 10.

Hi Annas,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:

• Do you receive any error prompt or error code?
    • Does your computer connected to a domain?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    The wireless Hosted Network is a new WLAN feature supported on Windows 10. This feature implements two major functions:

• The virtualization of a physical wireless adapter into more than one virtual wireless adapter sometimes referred to as Virtual Wi-Fi.

• A software-based wireless access point (AP) sometimes referred to as a SoftAP that uses a designated virtual wireless adapter.

The manufacturer that built your wireless driver needs to supply that driver software from the official website and install all the latest Windows 10 builds available on your system.

Please refer to the article, created by Isha Soni, replied on October 13, 2015, to fix your issue with Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter and check, if it works.

hosted network virtual adapter

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers

1. Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers - Similar Threads - virtual network drivers

2. Drivers for a XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for a XP virtual machine: I created a Windows XP virtual machine using the Hyper-V Manager on my Windows 11 Pro, activated it and installed the basic software codecs and some other utilities.However, I don't have any sound, can't connect to the internet I already set up a legacy adapter and can't...
  3. Drivers for a XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers for a XP virtual machine: I created a Windows XP virtual machine using the Hyper-V Manager on my Windows 11 Pro, activated it and installed the basic software codecs and some other utilities.However, I don't have any sound, can't connect to the internet I already set up a legacy adapter and can't...
  4. Windows 10 Home - PHYSICAL ethernet network issues when 3rd parties VIRTUAL network drivers...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home - PHYSICAL ethernet network issues when 3rd parties VIRTUAL network drivers...: Hi, I realized that when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a proper network config on my physical ethernet adapter that, until I used the network troubleshooter !! .... every day !! :-$ so it appears that...
  5. Windows 10 Home - eth network issues when 3rd parties network drivers are installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home - eth network issues when 3rd parties network drivers are installed: Hi, I realized than when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a proper network config on my physical ethernet adapter that, until I used the nw troubleshooter so it appears that win 10 home edition is not...
  6. 3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops?: The windows 10 virtual desktop is driving me crazy. If I have a word doc open in desktop 1 and open another word doc in desktop 2, the new doc automatically opens in desktop 1. IK then have to go to the control pane, find the doc, and move it to the appropriate desktop. This...
  7. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? Im running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will hold (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this? I did...
  8. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? I’m running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will ‘’hold’’ (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this?...
  9. windows 10 version 1909 virtual driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 version 1909 virtual driver issue: Back in mid 2019 , when microsoft updated with the new 1909 windows 10 version, I couldn't mirror my display to my smart TV. Before that when they had the 1903 installed , I had no issues what so ever. I had to call tech and get them to help me reinstall the 1903 version so...
  10. anvsoft virtual sound driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    anvsoft virtual sound driver: I need the anvsoft virtual sound device back, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anvsoft-virtual-sound-driver/579f2da8-1474-45ba-ac4f-5bc16b1170ed