Windows 10: Windows 10 VirtualBox Shared Folders Oddity

Discus and support Windows 10 VirtualBox Shared Folders Oddity in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I'm running VBox 5.0 on Windows 8.1 and have created VMs for Windows 7 and Windows 10 release 10240. In both VMs I have installed Visual Basic 6 (VB6).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by AlexB, Jul 20, 2015.

1. AlexB Win User

Windows 10 VirtualBox Shared Folders Oddity

I'm running VBox 5.0 on Windows 8.1 and have created VMs for Windows 7 and Windows 10 release 10240. In both VMs I have installed Visual Basic 6 (VB6).

Everything is working fine except for one strange difference. When running the Windows 7 VM, I can double-click a VB6 project file located on a shared folder and the project will be successfully opened in VB6. However, when I attempt to do the same from the Windows 10 VM, a "Path not found" error is generated.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

:)

AlexB, Jul 20, 2015

2. Problem accessing shared folder in VirtualBox (Host is Mac OSX. Guest is Windows 10)

I have been running Windows 10 in VirtualBox and accessing files across OS's via a shared folder.

Windows updated this morning and now I've lost access to the shared folder.

I've removed the folder from the VirtualBox Shared Folder list (Windows is booted up). Have re-added the folder (Automount and Make Permanent set). I've restarted a number of times. No impact.

Tried re-installing VirtualBox Guest Additions. This fails with "No device Ids found ...unknown error (0xE0000301)".

Have re-downloaded VirtualBox and re-installed. Still no share and still can't install guest additions.

Can anyone help?

IstvanJobst, Jul 20, 2015
  3. My Computer wont update to the Windows 10: Creators Update.

i have shared folders that run through VirtualBox, if those count as redirected folders?

Alex (AMinecraft1202), Jul 20, 2015
  4. jgt1942 Win User

jgt1942, Aug 9, 2015
  5. AlexB Win User
    Thank you for trying to help but recent changes to my system have made the problem disappear for me. I upgraded my main OS from Windows 8.1 to 10, so that I no longer require to run the Win 10 TP under VirtualBox.

AlexB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 VirtualBox Shared Folders Oddity - Similar Threads - VirtualBox Shared Folders

2. How to create a VirtualBox shared folder in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create a VirtualBox shared folder in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to create a VirtualBox shared folder in Windows 11/10, you can follow this step-by-step guide. You can access the shared folder from your Windows virtual machine and host computer to transfer files from one to another. At times, you might need to transfer...
  3. Windows 10 - Shared Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Shared Folder: Me - a very seasoned IT veteran with 2 decades of PC experience in a company environmentDesktopWindows 10Yesterday cloned existing HDD to new SDDAll worked 100% as I expect with a clone that i've done 100s ofThe problem - A shared folder on this drive, that was working before...
  4. Windows 10 - Shared Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Shared Folder: Me - a very seasoned IT veteran with 2 decades of PC experience in a company environmentDesktopWindows 10Yesterday cloned existing HDD to new SDDAll worked 100% as I expect with a clone that i've done 100s ofThe problem - A shared folder on this drive, that was working before...
  5. Windows 10 Shared Folders

Windows 10 Shared Folders: Hello,We've been using network shared folders in our small office no server on-site. However, for the last couple of weeks, the folders get disconnected and the Windows keeps asking for a password but it does not take. The only way to get them back is to disconnect and...
  6. Windows 10 network. An oddity.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network. An oddity.: I have gone to great lengths to set up this network of my 4 computers, checking all sorts of settings as directed by one of the consultants. All these appears ok at present. They were: relevant Windows services services to automatic ban IPv6# SMB 1.0 / CIFS on All in one...
  7. Folder sharing in windows 10

Folder sharing in windows 10: Hi I'd like to share just my pictures folder over my local network of two PCs. However if I share the pictures folder all users on the PC become shared along with all their sub folders. I must admit I've been tinkering trying to get this right so maybe the settings...
  8. Windows 10 2004 Oddity

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 Oddity: Having installed the Windows 10 2004 update last week and noticing the push of Edge, which I don't use, I decided I didn't need it pinned to my taskbar but removing it has caused an issue: [ATTACH] The location it was in has become a blank Edge box, located between...
  9. Windows 10 Oddity

Windows 10 Oddity: When using Windows 10 mail Client with a gmail account I have reason to use 1kb files - When attached to mail and viewed in Win10 its not there when I open the same email in Google-gmail client its there and can be downloaded . . This would seem to be a Windows Mail 10...
  10. Windows 10 folder sharing

Windows 10 folder sharing: I've just replaced my old Windows 7 laptop with a Widows 10 laptop and am trying to share folders on a Windows 10 desktop with the laptop, and vice versa. I've searched both online and on Microsoft.com for instructions on how to share folders and have tried many different...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtualbox bsod shared folder