Windows 10: Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor

Discus and support Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks If you have time here's another interesting little experiment. Linux also has it's own HYPERVISOR (almost counter part of HYPER-V in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Sep 22, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor

Hi folks

If you have time here's another interesting little experiment.
    Linux also has it's own HYPERVISOR (almost counter part of HYPER-V in Windows). Actually it also has XEN but KVM IMO is easier to set up.

Citrix uses XEN and as I've had HIDEOUS experiences with Citrix in various workplaces I've given XEN a miss and gone for KVM as a test to play with.

Here's a way to get a Windows 10 guest running under KVM (or other VM's) but this link specifically deals with Windows 10

Windows 10 Virtualization with KVM

Have fun guys !!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 22, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Any Linux users running Windows using KVM

Hi there

Just wondering if there are any Linux users here running a Windows VM with the KVM virtualisation module in Linux.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 22, 2018
  3. qemu-kvm

virt-manager is the gui that can be used to do exactly this.

from the open source project:QEMU is a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer.

When used as a machine emulator, QEMU can run OSes and programs made for one machine (e.g. an ARM board) on a different machine (e.g. your own PC). By using dynamic translation, it achieves very good performance.

When used as a virtualizer, QEMU achieves near native performances by executing the guest code directly on the host CPU. QEMU supports virtualization when executing under the Xen hypervisor or using the KVM kernel module in Linux. When using KVM, QEMU can virtualize x86, server and embedded PowerPC, and S390 guests.

Easy Rhino, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor

Couldnt virtualise on Windows 10

Hi
    I havent been able to virtualise on Windows 10. I am not finding Hyper-V listed on Windows Feature list.
    So I went to BIOS and enabled the Virtualisation Technology 'VT-X' only. Can you think of a solution to this problem please? I need to insal SAS software on virtualisation.

I use Toshiba C-850.

Thanks

nairunni60, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor

1. Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor - Similar Threads - Virtualisation Linux via

2. Virtualise a Windows 10 Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtualise a Windows 10 Machine: Hi Guys, I am trying to virtualise a Windows 10 machine for a customer. I have done this many times before using Disk2VHD but normally on Servers. When I try and run it on this machine I get an error 'Error snapshotting volumes: The parameter is incorrect.'. The computer...
  3. Virtualising windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtualising windows: I want to virtualise windows 10 within my OS (also windows 10) but whenever i have SVM mode enabled (basically AMD-V) in my BIOS only half my screen is visible when windows boots up. I use a Gigabyte B450M-DS3H motherboard Have any of you encountered this problem and do any...
  4. Latest W10 build OK on KVM (Linux Hypervisor)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Latest W10 build OK on KVM (Linux Hypervisor): Hi folks Got latest W10 insider build via UUPDUMP. I had troubles with this build using VMWare -- wouldn't install on Linux Host. Installed perfectly on Linux Host with KVM/QEMU Hypervisor Networking OK (you will need to set up a network bridge for total access between...
  5. KVM Linux VPS Hosting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KVM Linux VPS Hosting: Is there any best KVM Linux VPS hosting providers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/kvm-linux-vps-hosting/d176f644-031c-4867-888f-1ad7a5a47130
  6. Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host

Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host: Hi folks Here's a recent build of Windows 10 running on the Linux HYPERVISOR (equivalent to Windows HYPER-V) KVM -- it's built into the kernel so all the extra packagres are available to run this. The main problem is to create a network bridge (equivalent to HYPER-V external...
  7. Converting VMWare Windows VM to run on Linux hypervisors

Converting VMWare Windows VM to run on Linux hypervisors: Hi Virtual Machine user Geeks !!! You can convert Windows VMWare VM's to run on KVM or XEN --- these are 2 of the Linux HYPERVISORS equivalent to HYPER-V on Windows. For XEN (although KVM these days is the preferred method) : If you are using a Linux Host and have Windows...
  8. Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM)

Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM): Hi folks for those using Linux Hosts and want to try out a hypervisor (built in in typical Linux distros) where you can pass thru video / usb stuff to guests - Windows 10 runs fine -- just follow steps in this link Running Windows 10 on Linux using KVM with VGA Passthrough s...
  9. windows xp virtualisation

windows xp virtualisation: under windows 8 I had a virtual version of windows xp running under hyoerv with some legacy windows applications I had written myself. After upgrading to windows 10 and going into windows xp, my software has disappeared, but the directories this software lived in are still...
  10. Any Linux users running Windows using KVM

Any Linux users running Windows using KVM: Hi there Just wondering if there are any Linux users here running a Windows VM with the KVM virtualisation module in Linux. Cheers jimbo 2494