Windows 10: Windows 10 , virus scan

Discus and support Windows 10 , virus scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and I once was able to run a virus scans of the types microsoft offers ; Why can't I run a virus scan or update ? Obviously,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gerardo Chavez1, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Windows 10 , virus scan

I have Windows 10 and I once was able to run a virus scans of the types microsoft offers ; Why can't I run a virus scan or update ? Obviously, Microsoft did something and I once had McAfee but Microsoft kept deleting that safety net now I feel I have no protection. Please advise or rectify.

:)

Gerardo Chavez1, Jun 18, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Windows 10  , virus scan [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Windows 10  , virus scan [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Jun 18, 2022
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Windows 10 , virus scan

Virus/Windows error

I could be wrong. I use bitdeffender and I'm sure they have a way to scan the computer with out physically booting into windows I sometimes also use malwarebytes and I'm sure they have that type of way to. I highly suggest trying both even if just save mode.

Their is another way.

Take out his haRd drive plug it into yours as external and If you can then have the drive show on your pc. Scan that drive with yours then boom! ! Bye bye virus!

SanityGaming, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 , virus scan

1. Windows 10 , virus scan - Similar Threads - virus scan

2. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  3. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  4. Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?: I had a fake malware warning show up on my computer, called the "2V7HGTVB" scam. I didn't fall for it and didn't call the phone number given, but I thought it would be a good idea to scan my computer, which has Windows 10 in S mode.I asked Copilot, and was given several...
  5. Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?: I had a fake malware warning show up on my computer, called the "2V7HGTVB" scam. I didn't fall for it and didn't call the phone number given, but I thought it would be a good idea to scan my computer, which has Windows 10 in S mode.I asked Copilot, and was given several...
  6. Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?

7. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..: How do I fix this? It just happened out of nowhere. I tried downloading on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-failed-message-everytime-i-try-to/9e513f37-f335-4d84-9343-0a2f91968092
  8. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

"Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..: How do I fix this? It just happened out of nowhere. I tried downloading on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-failed-message-everytime-i-try-to/9e513f37-f335-4d84-9343-0a2f91968092
  9. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus: Hi!Title is pretty self explanatory, I'm getting a blue screen when trying to use my antivirus to do a quick scan. I also have a separate issue where I cannot play games for more than a couple minutes without crashing with a persistent error.Here are the crash logs of the...