Windows 10: Windows 10 Visual Effects - Some of them Stop Working Sporadically

Discus and support Windows 10 Visual Effects - Some of them Stop Working Sporadically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. My "Visual Effects" configuration is set to "Adjust for best appearance" with all check boxes ticked. As often as once a day, however, two of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shysoft, Feb 23, 2019.

1. shysoft Win User

Windows 10 Visual Effects - Some of them Stop Working Sporadically

Hello. My "Visual Effects" configuration is set to "Adjust for best appearance" with all check boxes ticked. As often as once a day, however, two of them will stop working. Either in tandem or separately. One is the transition effect when switching between desktops, and the other is showing windows content while dragging. When I review the list of effects (System Properties - Advanced - Settings - Visual Effects) both are still "checked" as active. My work around is to click away from the "Adjust for best appearance" radio button to any of the other radio buttons, and back again. It takes a few seconds and then it corrects itself and those effects are active again.

I have an Nvidia RTX card with the latest Nvidia drivers, and overall a high end PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

:)

shysoft, Feb 23, 2019

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Visual Effects

Anyone know where the registry settings are located in Windows 7 for Visual Effects?

I'm trying to create a .bat or .reg file to modify these visual effects settings.

Morrison5891, Feb 23, 2019
  4. evildog1 Win User

Change Visual Effects Settings in Windows 10

I found out that it can only be applied on user settings and not on local machine. We have a slow laptops at school that have bad performance. Problem is the company no longer support Windows 7 so we have to install Windows 10 on all laptops. The company does not accept suggestions so i have to make batch file to change registry. Is there a way to apply visual effects for all users?

evildog1, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Visual Effects - Some of them Stop Working Sporadically - Similar Threads - Visual Effects Stop

2. Some keys stop working if I don't use them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys stop working if I don't use them: I have a problem on my laptop, a Xiaomi Mi Notebook air 13.3 with Nvidia MX150. The problem arose more or less 1 year ago, when some of the keys Caps lock, Tab, tilde, ESC, F1, F2, F5 started acting strangely: if I don't use them for some minutes they don't work, but then if...
  3. Some keys stop working if I don't use them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keys stop working if I don't use them: I have a problem on my laptop, a Xiaomi Mi Notebook air 13.3 with Nvidia MX150. The problem arose more or less 1 year ago, when some of the keys Caps lock, Tab, tilde, ESC, F1, F2, F5 started acting strangely: if I don't use them for some minutes they don't work, but then if...
  4. Best balanced settings for visual effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best balanced settings for visual effects: I want to know what of these settings I really should turn on or off, remember I want balanced settings, I mean, if some setting is completely unnecessary allow enabled and vice-versa, alert me about it. I really didn't find out anything looks like with this post because...
  5. mouse issues works sporadically, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse issues works sporadically, Windows 10: my mouse works sporadically. Copy and paste - it highlights sometimes, jumps all over the place. Moving files on screen - most of time works fine but then I can't get screens to move up down center. And if they do, there's often a lag.A game that needs lines swiped between...
  6. Photos For Windows 10 App Working Sporadically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos For Windows 10 App Working Sporadically.: I have a Windows 10 PC just updated to the latest version of 21H1. When I attach my Samsung phone via USB, and I try to use the Windows Photos app to view pictures from either the phone storage , or SD Card storage, I can view the first photo just fine from either location,...
  7. Windows transparency effects stop working after some display driver update. Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows transparency effects stop working after some display driver update. Help!: Title says it all. submitted by /u/ZalsusBoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzz2ua/windows_transparency_effects_stop_working_after/
  8. Snip & Sketch Sporadically Stopped Working an Hour Ago

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch Sporadically Stopped Working an Hour Ago: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dern123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/huzx8p/snip_sketch_sporadically_stopped_working_an_hour/
  9. Remove Windows Media Player Visual Effect.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Windows Media Player Visual Effect.: I installed from effects and I installed Dungeon Siege and now I don't want that effect anymore but I don't know how to remove it. i just want to know how to remove any effect...
  10. Change Visual Effects Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Visual Effects Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Visual Effects Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Visual Effects Settings in Windows 10 Visual effects are the visual bells and whistles for the appearance of Windows for your account. These visual bells and whistles can affect the performance of...