Windows 10: Windows 10 - Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista - keeps installing!

Discus and support Windows 10 - Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista - keeps installing! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, now im on 1809 and i had this problem even there, this update is keep installing and failing every time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ruthaniel van den Naar, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista - keeps installing!

Hello,

i upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, now im on 1809 and i had this problem even there, this update is keep installing and failing every time, because is not intended for Windows 10, pleas fix it..

Error is Error 0x80070643, i tried to run Windows update trobleshooter multiple times, uninstall lots of things.. but its still there.

I want to know what is rule, which is triggering installation and you should probably fix it.

I dont have any Visual Studio 2005 installed, i have only redistru.. for games, which i have also on other PC, where i dont have still problem..

Its there for years, fix it!

:)

Ruthaniel van den Naar, Jan 11, 2019

2. Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista Failed to Update on Windows 10

I keep getting this failed update message since getting Windows 10 version 1607.

It tries every day and every day it fails. If I click on the failed message it just tells me, "The Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista addresses areas of Visual Studio impacted by Windows Vista enhancements."
    Windows 10 - Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista - keeps installing! f479e769-138e-4344-ac52-36bb21f5d0f3.jpg

I've searched on this topic and can see the same problem with users of Windows 7 and other Server versions of Windows. I don't see a successful solution.

I'm not having any issues with the PC but why is this one failing?

Is it important?

NeilMorrisX, Jan 11, 2019
  3. How to stop Windows 10 from trying to install an invalid update

I've having the same problem as this person:

Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista Failed to Update on Windows 10

Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista keeps trying to install on Windows Update but always fails because it's invalid on Windows 10 (see MSFT's response to the above question).

Otherwise, my system + Windows Update is completely fine. How do I get Windows to stop trying to fetch and install this update??

Michael S. Oliver, Jan 11, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Windows 10 - Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista - keeps installing!

Announcing Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Beta

Nick White, a product manager for Microsoft, posted yesterday on the Windows Vista Team Blog that the first Vista SP1 beta will be released next month, while the final version is slated for the first quarter of 2008. The Vista SP1 will contain changes focused on addressing specific reliability and performance issues, support for new types of hardware, support for several emerging standards, lots of bug fixes, and final release of DirectX 10.1. Installation of Windows Vista SP1 will require a minimum of 7GB free disk space on x86 machines and 12GB free disk space on x64 machines. Most of this space will be reclaimed after installation. Microsoft has posted Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Beta White Paper, describing every detail on Microsoft's latest SP.

Source: Windows Vista Team Blog

malware, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista - keeps installing!

1. Windows 10 - Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista - keeps installing! - Similar Threads - Visual Studio 2005

2. Installation of visual studio.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of visual studio.: Please someone ask me how to install visual studio. And prepare it for c/c++ Programming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-visual-studio/b2351f20-7e97-44c7-81dd-655150b1e976
  3. Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package...

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package...: I have not been able to get the above update to install for weeks. I have tried all of the online ideas and MS ideas I have seen posted. It is always preventing new Builds and other updates. How can I fix this error and move forward...
  4. Windows Update - Visual Studio requirement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update - Visual Studio requirement: I have used Windows10 update assistant 3 times now and Visual Studio still tell me to update to version 10.0.17763.0 or later. What's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-visual-studio-requirement/d8cd75e3-a0aa-4fbe-a721-6cfda85ee90c
  5. .NET framework 3.5 service pack 1 installation

.NET framework 3.5 service pack 1 installation: Dear sir, I tried to install SQL SERVER 2008 R2 and SQL SERVER 2014. Both asks for .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 service pack 1. I downloaded dotnetfx35.exe from microsoft download center and tried to run the exe. It says "windows could not find the required files" My operating...
  6. 2008 Service Pack 1 'update' problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2008 Service Pack 1 'update' problems: • Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243) - Error 0x80070643 Getting a bit miffed with this error. I 've tried almost everything I can find on the Windows support pages they recommend. All the answers are the same...
  7. Visual Studio Installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio Installer: I noticed this after clicked Visual Studio Installer on screen that is taking forever. Is that normal for this " fetching your files " So far already have 1.67 MB downloading of 67.25 MB. Is there another way to install quicker than this. More likely will see this a whole day...
  8. Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1

in Windows 10 News
    Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1: Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2565063): [img] 15841
  9. Visual Studio Team Services Update - Sept. 15

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Team Services Update - Sept. 15: This week we are deploying our sprint 123 work. Check out the release notes. There are a few things I want to highlight… New queries hub – We are on a journey to rework how some key elements of our navigation/data model work. We are changing the role of “Team” and...
  10. Visual Studio Team Services Update - Jan 6

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Team Services Update - Jan 6: Next week we will be rolling out our sprint 110 and 111 updated (we didn’t do a 110 deployment due to the holidays). You can check out the release notes for details. Please bear with us – these changes are going to roll out a bit slower than usual. As I write this, we are...