Windows 10: Windows 10 VM image to physical host machine

Discus and support Windows 10 VM image to physical host machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a copy of windows 10 pro on my host machine. I'm planning on getting a larger hard drive for my PC and I'm taking this opportunity to do a fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AaronDowdy1, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 VM image to physical host machine

I have a copy of windows 10 pro on my host machine. I'm planning on getting a larger hard drive for my PC and I'm taking this opportunity to do a fresh install of windows 10. My plan is to run a copy of windows 10 pro in a VM and set it up the way I want with the programs and such already setup and then make a system image in the VM to install on my host machine as the main OS after the hard drive is installed. What I want to know is if i can make this work without activating the VM copy of windows (I only have one personal use key already on my machine)? and if it does work if it will activate on my machine with no problems after I get everything up and running?

:)

AaronDowdy1, Mar 4, 2019
  2. SarahKong Win User

Physical Machine not connected to Hyper-V systems

If this is a physical machine that is NOT the host then that physical machine will need to be on the same subnet of your VMs in order to be able to communicate with it.

SarahKong, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Physical Machine Restore Image (Win 8.1) to New VM (on Win 10)

Hello everyone,

I made a Windows Image Backup of Windows 8.1 Pro on 7/29/15 before doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. Win 10 is up and running. I got Hyper-V running. i want to now have my old working everything installed version of Windows 8.1 pro running in a VM
    on the Win 10 machine.

I cannot seem to restore the backup image.

I have gotten close and it has taken forever to get there.

I tried installing a new Win 8.1 Pro VM and then restoring the image: Failed.

I tried an empty new VM with an empty drive, boot to 8.1 pro iso and then recover: Failed.

I get this a long error that ends with (0x80042412).

any suggestions?

Thanks.

Patrick Brewer

Edit #1: 7/31/15: No replies yet, I guess I am the only one.

Patrick A. Brewer, Mar 4, 2019
  4. BPZ
    BPZ Win User

Windows 10 VM image to physical host machine

port win 10 on local vm

- Bought a refurbished machine with win 10 + digital entitlement (most probably after win 8 upgrade)

- Created a vm via vmware as "image" of the physical system

- The vm win10 guest seemed to have no activation problems on win10 host

Problems come when launching the vm on linux host (same physical machine): the win10 guest is not able to activate. Besides this causes a bunch of key/mouse etc.. driver unsolvable problems.

All this was pretty easy with pid oem licences (e.g. w7). How can that be solved, if it could?

Thanks for reading

P

Thema:

Windows 10 VM image to physical host machine

1. Windows 10 VM image to physical host machine - Similar Threads - image physical host

2. capture WIM image of KVM W10 VM for convert to physical (V2P)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    capture WIM image of KVM W10 VM for convert to physical (V2P): Hi folks @Hopachi one for you as well to try out !!! I've got a great running W10 KVM virtual machine running with all the software working etc -- so I would like to capture the WIM image via DISM. Also I'd like all the software etc on a Windows ISO so I don't have to...
  3. My Windows 10Pro home PC is actually a VM Virtual Box clone of the physical machine!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10Pro home PC is actually a VM Virtual Box clone of the physical machine!: Hijacked by Vitual Box, always comes back when rebuilt even if a brand new hard drive is used and and original Windows 10 pro DVD. How is this possible if itsa not connect to any network and no other storage is connected on board or usb slot? Is there anyway to detect...
  4. Windows 10 inside a VM hosted locally

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 inside a VM hosted locally: Hello, We have a need to have 2 Windows 10 installations on some of our company's laptops for use on a certain project. I have read https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/8/d/98d6a56c-4d79-40f4-8462-da3ecba2dc2c/licensing_windows_desktop_os_for_virtual_machines.pdf and...
  5. Enable Windows VM's HOST access with KVM HOSTS

Enable Windows VM's HOST access with KVM HOSTS: Hi folks If you are playing around with KVM Hosts and want Windows VM's to have host access without going through all problems of creating bridges (not supported via KVM on WIFI anyway) here's a simple way to do it : The method works by defining a "Virtual network" and a...
  6. KVM Virtual Machines -- Host access from the VM

KVM Virtual Machines -- Host access from the VM: Hi there Don't do this on a LIVE distro though as these aren't persistent so you won't be able to save changes !!!! A good way of playing with this stuff without touching any Internal HDD's is to install the Linux system on an external HDD (SSD is better) connected via...
  7. HYPER-V VM convert to Physical machine - any easy way for V2P

HYPER-V VM convert to Physical machine - any easy way for V2P: Hi folks especially @Kari One thing with Virtual Machines created by VMware is that it's usually easy to create a physical machine environment from the guest W10 machine by using the various tools out there (V2P conversion). Even taking an image with Macrium and...
  8. Create VM from physical machine

Create VM from physical machine: My machine has a non-clean install of win 10, which I have been using for months. I would like to do a clean install of windows 10, but I don't want to be down for days getting everything setup. So I figured I would run it in a VM on the newly installed OS while I set things...
  9. Transfer VirtualBox machine to physical machine

Transfer VirtualBox machine to physical machine: Hi, I've searched and can't seem to find an answer for this: is it possible to move a virtual machine in Oracle's VirtualBox to a physical machine? Thanks 88840
  10. VM's using Physical HDD's and software RAID - error with Windows HOSTS

VM's using Physical HDD's and software RAID - error with Windows HOSTS: Yep this makes sense. You define RAID arrays in real life too using whole physical disks, not partitions. *Smile Hi there @slicendice That partition wasn't part of the array though. However deleting it from the VM config you can get back your data...