Windows 10: Windows 10 VMs not showing interactive session from console but Windows 7 VMs do? Also VM...

Discus and support Windows 10 VMs not showing interactive session from console but Windows 7 VMs do? Also VM... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello 1. When using Hyper-V manager to connect to our server we can see the Win7 VMs when someone is logged into them. We only see the lock screen on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nick Canale, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 VMs not showing interactive session from console but Windows 7 VMs do? Also VM...

Hello

1. When using Hyper-V manager to connect to our server we can see the Win7 VMs when someone is logged into them. We only see the lock screen on Win10 VM when someone is logged in.

2. If the workstation running Hyper-v manager locks and someone else has a remote connection running inside the Hyper-V Win10 VM, that connection is affected. This does not occur in the Win7 VMs.

I compared VM level settings and am not seeing anything different short of storage location. I assume it is an OS related setting.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

Nick Canale, Dec 6, 2018

2. GPU-Z kills windows 10 VM

Hello there,
    when I run gpu-z on VM running vgpu (M60 or K2 grid) VM crash and restarts itself.

GPU: nvidia grid M60 | nvidia grid K2
    GPU-Z release: 1.14~1.17
    Issue: windows crash in VM and it won't power on.
    How to reproduce: Run gpu-z in a windows 10 VM with (M60 or K2 grid) vgpu, VM restarts instantly without any progress

Please check and release fix for this issue.

Here is the dumpfile for gpu-z: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsekped8who5ziz/GPU-Z.1.17.0.DMP

Thanks,

Minion Flowthroe, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

Hyper-V Integration Services

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

KeithW_911, Dec 6, 2018
  4. MMO77 Win User

Windows 10 VMs not showing interactive session from console but Windows 7 VMs do? Also VM...

Windows 10 VM activation

Hi,

I am trying to setup two Windows 10 vms for test purposes on Ovirt virtualization cluster. (Windows 10 Pro with MAK key from visual studio (MSDN) subscription).

Activation of the first vm encountered no problem, but activation of the second one failed. I have tried to setup second vm by all available means (by cloning from the first one with or without sysprep, from activated state or from clean installed snapshot,
    by installing second vm from scratch, etc.). All are with the same results: The last product key you entered XXXXX can't be used on this copy of Windows (0xC0EA0003).

Is it possible to have several Win 10 vms on the same hypervisor, activated with MAK key?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

MMO77, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 VMs not showing interactive session from console but Windows 7 VMs do? Also VM...

1. Windows 10 VMs not showing interactive session from console but Windows 7 VMs do? Also VM... - Similar Threads - VMs showing interactive

2. Windows server VMs licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server VMs licensing: HiI have server with 2 16-core CPUs onboard and Vmware hypervisor installed on it.What kind and number of licenses I have to buy in order to run Windows Server 2019/2022 as virtual machines inside it?If I buy Windows Server Standart licenses for 32 cores, what number and...
  3. Windows server VMs licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server VMs licensing: HiI have server with 2 16-core CPUs onboard and Vmware hypervisor installed on it.What kind and number of licenses I have to buy in order to run Windows Server 2019/2022 as virtual machines inside it?If I buy Windows Server Standart licenses for 32 cores, what number and...
  4. Scan for Containers and dormant VMs On Windows 10 ?

Scan for Containers and dormant VMs On Windows 10 ?: "Hello how can I enable a scan for invasive containers and or dormant VMs on a Windows 10 machine?"If we use a proxy "content accelerator" we can figuratively catch the container and take it "the proxy caught container" off line with transparent mode and dual use container...
  5. Scan for Containers and dormant VMs On Windows 10 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scan for Containers and dormant VMs On Windows 10 ?: "Hello how can I enable a scan for invasive containers and or dormant VMs on a Windows 10 machine?"If we use a proxy "content accelerator" we can figuratively catch the container and take it "the proxy caught container" off line with transparent mode and dual use container...
  6. Scan for Containers and dormant VMs On Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan for Containers and dormant VMs On Windows 10 ?: Hello how can I enable a scan for invasive containers and or dormant VMs on a Windows 10 machine?If we use a proxy "content accelerator" we can catch the container and take it "the proxy caught container" off line with transparent mode and dual use container duplication and...
  7. Scan for Containers and dormant VMs On Windows 10 ?

Scan for Containers and dormant VMs On Windows 10 ?: Hello how can I enable a scan for invasive containers and or dormant VMs on a Windows 10 machine?If we use a proxy "content accelerator" we can catch the container and take it "the proxy caught container" off line with transparent mode and dual use container duplication and...
  8. Licensing Windows 10 within VMs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licensing Windows 10 within VMs: I'm a developer, and I'm sorta paranoid, so all my computers run Linux in work mode. I have a HDD with an official install of W7 for gaming, but some of my customers need me into Windows. So the natural answer is a Virtual Machine. Can I buy a license of W10 and then...
  9. Interesting news for VMs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Interesting news for VMs: Got this in an E-Mail a few minutes ago: The Dell EMC deal: 5 things customers should know | ZDNet 26231
  10. Licensing Question - Windows and VMs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Licensing Question - Windows and VMs: Hey Guys, I'm wondering if any of you can give me some insight on the Following Scenario: I would like to create a virtual machine on my MBP of Windows 10 Pro for testing/troubleshooting/general tinkery. I imagine I will be utilizing Snapshots but can anybody force...